• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Toot Toot... Do You Hear My Horn???!!

In summary, Jan Gilbert called and asked the speaker to be a workshop speaker on recruiting. The speaker is excited and honored. She will receive 100 PC dollars and a special line at registration as compensation. She will be speaking with Ellen Boyce at the workshop. The speaker is also interested in a class on how to have a successful PC business while working full time. The speaker also hopes to get recordings of other presentations. Tammy Stanley and the Go for No team will also be at the conference.
I got a call from Jan Gilbert today asking me to be a workshop speaker on recruiting!!!! sooooo excited and honored! :)

:party::party::party::party::party::party::party:
INCREDIBLE!!! Hope you are in Track 1!!!

Way to go girl! :D

That's awesome!!!!

I am on track B

Shoot... I'm track a! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

YEA! So now I know a workshop I'll want to take!

So other than the fun of doing it, do you get a monetary compensation for missing out on taking trainings at conference?

WOOT!!! WOOT!!! I think that you are an obvious choice for such a workshop!!!
Sheila- last year we got 100 PC $$ and a special line at registration.

My AD is speaking on Recruiting on Friday at noon - maybe you'll be together! :)
(She has already heard all about your greatness from me. hehe)

Yes, 100 PC $ for speaking..and Melissa... I think that might just be the one I am doing as well.. I have it written down and I know it is Friday.. how weird would that be???!!

YEAH!!! How exciting for you!

Oooh, the PC$ would be nice but the special line ... now that's what I'm talking about! ;)

Congratulations!!! I was also asked to teach the how to have a success PC business and work a full time job. I'm very excited too!

Yeah Congrats Beckie! I am actually interested in that class... I want to recruit more people who work full time and want to turn this business into replacement income. Would you share your notes after conference? I dont think I am going to be able to attend the class

pcjenni said:
Yes, 100 PC $ for speaking..and Melissa... I think that might just be the one I am doing as well.. I have it written down and I know it is Friday.. how weird would that be???!!

Do you find out who you are speaking with? I'm going to tell her but in the mean time, she is Grace Bott. The two of you are recruiting goddesses so I'm sure you would be very compatible. :)

Congratulations Beckie! :D

No Melissa I havent heard yet who I am paired with. we are supposed to get an email next week and have a conference call the week after Maui. Now that we have connected I am sure it will be her... just the way the universe works right!

Well maybe you will even meet in Maui. She'll be there!

Kudos to you too Beckie! I hate that there are SOOO many good topics this year and I can only attend two. It would make me so happy if they would release more recordings than just one of each afterwards. I love the insight from different peeps. I did get a lot of speakers notes last year so I hope to be that fortunate this year. (Hint to the ladies who are presenting...)

Anyone else presenting?

Melissa78 said:
Well maybe you will even meet in Maui. She'll be there!

Kudos to you too Beckie! I hate that there are SOOO many good topics this year and I can only attend two. It would make me so happy if they would release more recordings than just one of each afterwards. I love the insight from different peeps. I did get a lot of speakers notes last year so I hope to be that fortunate this year. (Hint to the ladies who are presenting...)

Anyone else presenting?

Melissa...I agree! But the great thing is that I would rather have more great options than not find enough topics to fill my schedule! And I am much more excited about conference knowing that Tammy Stanley and the Go for No team will be there again! I have found both speakers very inspirational to me in the past and looking forward to more from them.

Melissa, did not get paired with Grace... I am with Ellengton Boyce!!!

Okay, having been in Japan my whole PC Career & never attending any of the events, I feel dumb. I don't know most of the names that you girls know. Who's Ellington Boyce?

Holy Cow Sheila.. take a look on CC under the Wahooo Recruiting Club...

pcjenni said:
Melissa, did not get paired with Grace... I am with Ellengton Boyce!!!
Darn that would have been so cool. Ill tell her tonight as we're going to dinner before she leaves tomorrow for Maui. I'll tell her to keep her eyes open for you.

pcjenni said:
Holy Cow Sheila.. take a look on CC under the Wahooo Recruiting Club...

I totally never look there! LOL

you should be looking there all the time... those are the names of the people you want to seek out at conference and pick their brains.. if you are intereseted in making a lot of money by recruiting!

I can't complain with where my business has gone in the last 1.5 years with 4 promotions. This month I had a little over $1,000 in overrides, last month it was a little over $1,400. I don't have a single team member close. I'm figuring that I'm doing okay for not being in the same city, state or country as my team! But someday I plan to have that amount X10 each month. I'd be curious to see if those numbers are just quantity or if they are actually quality recruits. I wouldn't mind hearing what they do, but if they don't have the same retention rate (96.72% is my current stat), then I'm not interested in changing what I do. I'm not interested in dropping to the 1/3 coming, 1/3 staying & 1/3 going theory. ;)

Sheila said:
I can't complain with where my business has gone in the last 1.5 years with 4 promotions. This month I had a little over $1,000 in overrides, last month it was a little over $1,400. I don't have a single team member close. I'm figuring that I'm doing okay for not being in the same city, state or country as my team! But someday I plan to have that amount X10 each month. I'd be curious to see if those numbers are just quantity or if they are actually quality recruits. I wouldn't mind hearing what they do, but if they don't have the same retention rate (96.72% is my current stat), then I'm not interested in changing what I do. I'm not interested in dropping to the 1/3 coming, 1/3 staying & 1/3 going theory. ;)

$1000+ in overrides - I'm drooooooooling..... SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! Whatever works for each individual CEO that keeps their business running well & profitable. Different strokes for different folks. :money:

I promise you girl, this is how you develop leaders on your team ... show them your paychecks! Jan was a super slow month team-wide, overrides were $800.37. Feb overrides = $1,473.01, Mar overrides = $1,400.74 and April overrides = $1,043.30. I'm loving the whole AD thing! ;)

Sheila said:
I promise you girl, this is how you develop leaders on your team ... show them your paychecks! Jan was a super slow month team-wide, overrides were $800.37. Feb overrides = $1,473.01, Mar overrides = $1,400.74 and April overrides = $1,043.30. I'm loving the whole AD thing! ;)

I think I recall you talking about this... was it in this very thread? When did you start showing your check to your team? You are truly inspiring me with how you have built your team and I SO appreciate all your sharing.

The first time was Dec '09 when I had 3 people on my team. But you have to break it down! Show them the pay differences for C, C w/ $15,000 in Career Sales, SC, TL, D & AD. When they see how much more they can make for doing the same work, it's definitely motivation!!! ;)

Sheila said:

That works great when you have paychecks worth showing. Mine would not show them any reason to promote because they do little to nothing so I make peanuts off of them. I've even heard "for all the work you do, its not worth it." Sure its not if you go by my paycheck but if you look at the paychecks of leaders with a 'working team' it is.

I know my AD FINALLY started to show her paycheck. It was always top secret. Real eye opener! I work 8a-6p daily, on most days hate my current job (who I work for I should say), commute 1.5hrs & have 19yrs years invested & $100k in education (that I'm still paying back) and she STILL made more money than I do working both jobs. All with a team and some food choppers. :bugeye: hehe

I'm trying to follow the words of Nancy Jo Ryan, "If you can't change your team, change your team."

Melissa, I understand completely where you are coming from!!! When I first promoted, I didn't have the checks to show them either. So what I did was ask my upline for them. She gave me a check of hers (she's an NED) and then she asked others at other levels to share theirs as well and they did. So what I do is show those checks.

They don't have to be YOUR checks... just examples of what the potential is at the various levels. Yes, in their eyes it might not be worth it now (when they look at your check) but it's building and will be worth it down the road.

Hope that helps a little! :)

On a side note, at my meeting last night, we talked about recruiting hosts. Of the five of us who were there, 3 had hosted (at least once) before signing. The other two (myself included) had never hosted before signing up. So it would stand to reason (as we know) that hosts are our greatest recruit leads. We talked about following the host coaching checklist and the 6 times we can talk to our hosts about the opportunity, etc. And then basically I laid it out for them. I told them in the beginning with your first and second recruit that it's not a lot of money in overrides... $30-$60. But if I saw that on the ground, I'd pick it up. And $60 can cover at least one bill for some (phone, utility, etc). And there are only so many nights we can/want to do shows so it only makes sense to have others doing shows with you and earning from them. I ended it with saying that recruiting is 100% optional... they don't HAVE to do it. But why wouldn't they want to? It's the easiest way to get a raise with PC and you don't need to interview or put in for it. You just do it.

I will say on another side note, and please know this is coming from a well-meaning place... you constantly talk about how you're not good at recruiting. That's such a bad pep-talk to be giving yourself!!! Tell yourself "I'm getting better at it" and believe it and things will turn around. You can be a great recruiter! You've already done it so it proves you know how!!! I know you can do it!!! :candyheart:

Ok so I've been all inspired between a training call we did last night on organization and all that you are sharing here... so I've been in my office (which I just relocated so it's not in very good shape yet) ALL day and it's coming along. I found a presentation book that I got cheap at OD to make a recruiting booklet out of for my shows but never did! I took a break from sorting and sat down to fill my booklet and went to CC to print my Commission Statement...boo hoo... I don't have a copy of my first ones and I guess we can't go back? It only opens up back to 2009. Is there a way to get back farther? I am so sad but hopeful! :)

Colleen, thank you for sharing your meeting last night. Will be using some of this at my meeting tonight. Kind of mixing basic things and want to find out what they want to learn more about. I usuall get blank stares:(. Hoping this changes!! And as Nancy Jo Ryan has stated...I am trying to change my team as well. ;)

Here's a breakdown for you:

• A New C with $150 in sales makes $30.00 Commission
  • A C w/ $150 in sales & $15,000 in Career Sales would make the extra 2% for career sales bringing them to $33.00 Commission, a $3.00 difference
  • A SC w/ $150 in sales, $15,000 in Career Sales & recruit did the minimum $150 in sales would make their 22% + 1% override on their sales & 1% override on their recruit's sales bringing their paycheck up to $36.00 Commission, a $6.00 difference - not a HUGE difference, but $6 is $6 right? If you do that for 12 months, that's and extra $72. That's like working 12 $150 shows that year but getting paid for 14+ $150 shows. ;)

What if the New Consultant started off stronger?
  • A New C w/ $750 in sales would make 22% which is $150.00 Commission
  • A C w/ $750 in sales & $15,000 in Career Sales would get 24% or $180.00 Commission, which is a $30 difference!
  • SC w/ $750 in sales, $15,000 in Career Sales & recruit did the minimum $150 would get $189.00 in commission. That's a $39.00 difference per month! Do that 12 months in a row & you essentially got an extra $468 that year which is equivalent to getting paid for 4+ extra $750 shows that you didn't go work!

What if you got in there and started off with a bang?
  • A New C w/ $1,250 in sales would earn 23% which is $287.50 in Commission.
  • A C w/ $1,250 in sales & $15,000 in Career Sales would earn 25% which is $312.50, that's a $25.00 difference
  • A SC w/ $1,250 in sales, $15,000 in Career Sales & recruit did the minimum $150 would earn their 25% PLUS 1% override on their sales & 1% override on their recruit's sales. That's $326.50 in commission, a $48.00 difference.
  • A TL w/ $1,250 in sales, $15,000 in Career Sales & 2 recruits who did the other $1,250 to meet the $2,500 minimum would earn their 25% plus 2% on their sales & 2% on the recruits' sales or $362.50 in commission. That's an extra $75.00 for the month!
  • What if the TL promoted to D? w/ $1,250 in sales, $15,000 in Career Sales, 6 recruits who were all active and did the other $3,750 to meet the $5,000 team requirement - you'll now get 3% override on your sales, 3% on their sales and a $10 activity bonus per person above & beyond your 25% on your sales. So your commission check just went to $522.50, a $235.00 difference. Multiply THAT times 12 months and you just made an extra $2,820 that year! Who wants that much extra in your Christmas budget?
  • What if the D went one step further & promoted to AD? With $1,250 in personal sales, $15,000 in Career Sales, 6 active recruits and a qualified Director with 6 active recruits, where the team did the minimum $12,000 in sales (your team did $6,000 and her team did $6,000) - you'll make 25% on your personal sales ($312.50) + 4% override on the organization sales ($480) plus the $10 Activity Bonus for each active consultant on YOUR personal team ($60) which is a commission check of $852.50. That's a $565.00 difference. Did you do the math? That's an extra $6,780 for doing the BARE MINIMUM of an Advanced Director for 12 months!

Remember, those are the minimums! Who wants to barely scrape by? Not me! If you think wide and deep and have extra team members, your odds of meeting your goal each month increases which means you'll probably exceed your goal and make MUCH more!!! Do more in the month, have more on your team who are working their business and you'll see those numbers grow & grow! ;)

God Bless You all over girl!!!!!!! I'm putting that in a document and popping it right in my book... some "director type" personalities are gonna love this!!!!! Some socializers like me will skim it and still gain TONS! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! It's fantastic!

You're welcome. I did a very basic version in Dec '09 for my 3 team members showing what I would have made if I were a Director. But not adding AD stats. Now that I've made it to AD, I've started adding that in too. We have a private facebook page for my downline where we can chat, post questions, post booths, etc. One of the discussions is my paychecks. Each month after all the final numbers are in, I post my numbers for the previous month so that they can go & look at them any time that they want. ;)

Last night's meeting with 2 of my consultants went well. Did a team meeting survey slip and I know it stumped them to think. Again, the meeting went well, but I do realize I need to recruit more as well. Seems like the more I mention or do recruiting activities, the more the ears close off. So I tried to see if money motivated or anything else and decided to keep bringing it up, but focus on how we can get their parties rocking and rolling more.

Sheila thank you for the breakdown!!! Love it! And I like how you have broken it down into what they get when they put more into it! (if they want to put more into it)

Related to Toot Toot... Do You Hear My Horn???!!

What is "Toot Toot... Do You Hear My Horn???!!"?

"Toot Toot... Do You Hear My Horn???!!" is a phrase commonly used by Pampered Chef consultants to refer to the excitement and enthusiasm they have for their business and the success they have achieved through recruiting.

Who is Jan Gilbert?

Jan Gilbert is a successful Pampered Chef consultant and workshop speaker who has been recognized for her exceptional recruiting skills. She has reached out to you to invite you to speak at a workshop on recruiting, which is a great honor and opportunity for you.

What does it mean to be a workshop speaker on recruiting?

Being a workshop speaker on recruiting means that you will be sharing your knowledge, experience, and tips on how to successfully recruit new consultants for Pampered Chef. You will be helping others grow their businesses and achieve their goals.

Why is being asked to be a workshop speaker on recruiting such a big deal?

Being asked to be a workshop speaker on recruiting is a big deal because it means that you have been recognized as a successful and influential consultant in the Pampered Chef community. It is a great opportunity to share your expertise and inspire others.

What should I expect as a workshop speaker on recruiting?

As a workshop speaker on recruiting, you can expect to have a platform to share your knowledge and experience with others. You will be responsible for creating and delivering a presentation, answering questions, and providing guidance to those who are looking to improve their recruiting skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • Shae424
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • PamperedLady1979