• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Took Your Christmas Decoations Down Yet?

In summary, the tree will be taken down tomorrow and the inside of the house will be completed tomorrow.
jrstephens
I have taken my tree down tonight and will FINISH the outside and inside tomorrow is my goal. My husband will be on the roof a while!

I LOVE decorating and having them up all December but I hate to take them down.

Where do yall stand on getting then down?

Uhmmm...never got around to putting them up!

cmdtrgd said:

Scrooge!!! :D

I usually wait until after the new year but since hubby was home re doing my kitchen I felt like I should clean up the rest of the house. Plus I can't wait to re decorate my new living room filled with new decor that I got from my parents for Christmas! I did however keep my pretty green tree up (as it's still very fresh and alive) and I didnt' want to toss it yet!

We usually have a small party on New Years Eve so we leave them up and then take them down on New Years Day. The last couple of years, I will have to admit, I have been gung ho about taking them down the day after Christmas. But I will refrain...plus I think my kids would kill me!

We are also having a party on New Year's so I will be taking them down on New year's Day as well as cleaning my garage! Time to start the new year off right!!!:D

My tree is coming down in the morning......Love putting it up but when Christmas is over it just sits there as a reminder that I have to take it down and fight with the closet to put all the decorations away:eek:

Typically my husband takes them down while I am at Leadership, which is awesome because I know I will come home to a clean house, but I always feel guilty...so we are taking them down this weekend! WooHoo...can't wait...(can you tell the hint of sarcasm???).

Easter BunnyIf my husband had his way ~ The Easter Bunny could hide his colorful eggs under our Christmas tree. He hates seeing the season end....:(

So - tomorrow we start taking down the 10K (that's right!) lights, 14 lighting-up ~ blowing -up yard ornaments, lights off of our (3) 50 ft. tall trees, the life size nativity scene, the 30 wooden candy canes down our lane and ALL of the other various Christmas decorationsspread out over our front 40!!!!! My daughter refers to us as "the Griswald Family". We have a steady flow of traffic coming by our house each evening in December. I have to admit - it is fun when it is all up....

Hey - that's why I have my PC business - to pay the light bill for December!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

I had mine down by 2pm on Christmas day!! My DD's b-day is the 27th, so I always take it down before then and I usually am motivated while cleaning up the wrapping paper tornado anyway.

My DH was joking because we drove by my neighbor's house on Christmas day around 4 pm and he, in his most serious voice said "Oh my gosh- it is 4 pm!! They still had their tree up! How TACKY!!!"

I almost died laughing- he likes to make fun of me, but I don't want my daughter's b-day pictures to always have a huge tree in the back!

I take my things down after Epiphany on January 6th. The twelve days of Christmas - like in the song - actually start on Christmas and end on Epiphany, so that's how long I keep my decorations up.

And in case anyone doesn't know, Epiphany is the day that the Wisemen arrived to see the baby Jesus. :)

Same with me Jennifer! I don't take them down until the Epiphany, Jan. 6. :D

PCGINA said:
If my husband had his way ~ The Easter Bunny could hide his colorful eggs under our Christmas tree. He hates seeing the season end....:(

So - tomorrow we start taking down the 10K (that's right!) lights, 14 lighting-up ~ blowing -up yard ornaments, lights off of our (3) 50 ft. tall trees, the life size nativity scene, the 30 wooden candy canes down our lane and ALL of the other various Christmas decorationsspread out over our front 40!!!!! My daughter refers to us as "the Griswald Family". We have a steady flow of traffic coming by our house each evening in December. I have to admit - it is fun when it is all up....

Hey - that's why I have my PC business - to pay the light bill for December!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Gina you have GOT to share pictures!!!

Mine will come down probably tomorrow, or Monday. We're having a snow/ice storm here, so we'll be inside doing projects this weekend. I went to Home Depot yesterday to get closet organizing stuff for my daughters' rooms! Gotta organize their new toys:eek:

Gina: I would love to drive by your house! I wish our house could look like the Griswalds; our old house doesn't have any outdoor plug ins:( That's going to be a requirement when we buy a new house!

I am slowly taking mine down. I hate seeing it end, but I married a scrooge who hates x-mas so to get him to leave me alone I slowly do it. He insists on a fake tree and I refuse, except for last year it went up(no money). I was so bummed that all it had was lights & angel.

I took mine down yesterday. Our house is small and seems even more cramped with all the decorations. I was getting kind of tired at looking at everything, too. I've had them up since the day before Thanksgiving, so I was ready.

Our neighbors still have some of their Halloween decorations out!!

Diane

Mine are completely down now. We just finished. Cleaned out the carport while we were at it. My husband is hauling stuff off now, yahoo!

Now to vacuum up the floor and get my carpet back clean!

My tree is down, but that's about it. I'll work on the rest throughout the week.

jrstephens said:
Scrooge!!! :D

I am not :p

I made a deal with myself that I wouldn't decorate for one holiday unless I had already put away the previous holiday's decorations. So, I had some issues last year (yes, 2005) at Thanksgiving. Some of those decorations are still up - but, the are ones that could be just everyday decorations. Anyhoo, since I haven't put them away and I had an extremely busy year this year, I never got around to decorating for anything else. That is on my resolution list for 2007 - after I get the house cleaned and organized!!!!

Whew...so, I'm NOT a scrooge!

Oh, and we don't do Christmas trees because we have kitties that love to BE the decorations!:rolleyes:

mine will morte then likely come down today I am so ready to have my house back. I just need to run to walmart to get some packing tape to close my boxes

I didn't have any up this year. My living room isn't a convenient shape for a tree, especially because we have two large birdcages at one end of the room. And the birds are a little afraid of the tree, anyway. Plus, DH is a bit of a Scrooge - only reason he likes Christmas is the time off work. Our house is on the older side (built in 1934), so there are no exterior outlets for lights. Maybe next year I'll put the tree in the Florida room off the living room (we could see it through the French doors).But I have to unearth my dining room table today - it's buried under PC stuff!

New year's day!!After we sleep in on New Year's day, I wake up to make a late breakfast (brunch) and my husband and son will be outside removing the lights from the house and trees.
We don't do the Christmas tree so I just take down my garland, ribbons, wreath, welcome snowman sign, and stockings. This is our first year in our brand new home so we will start making new traditions.

Debbie :D

Nope, and they may not come down until mid-Jan. Usually wait until Epiphany/12th Night, which is Jan. 6. But I have a big project at work on Jan. 11 so who knows?

I took all my decorations down yesterday. I started at 9 a.m. and finished at 6 p.m. I cleaned really well at the same time.

I like to have them down before New Year so I can relax. We put them up Thanksgiving evening, so they were up a long time.

I would have waitied to take them down today or Sunday, but we had plans both days. We have a small house so it's nice to have more room. Everything looks so nice and clean!

Happy New Year Everyone!

cmdtrgd said:

Kate, you're not alone. We have not had a tree in years. We do have a big (3 foot) wreath on the outside of our house with lights. And a couple of things here and there but not much. Last year I put up the tree (assembled it) and took it down the next day. Just could not face doing the rest.

My tree will come down after the first of the year. My kids would love to have the tree up year round but I want to get my living room back to normal. We use to have a lot of lights on the outside of our house, but my husband has calmed down over the years. I think it is because he has ran out of time to get up all of the lights and because his body is getting older.

My husband finally fixed the rusty gutters and security door yesterday! I told the kids no outside lights until it isn't embarrassing to look at our house. I was so happy that I was tempted to put decorations out last night, but I resisted.

All of our other decorations are still up! My husband takes them down every year while I am at leadership conference. He says he enjoys the tradition with the kids. I enjoy missing that headache!

My honey also blesses my life by treating the kids to chucky Cheese every time I go to a conference. The kids know better than to ask me to ever go there and when I leave they are happy to see me go!

Why rush?The weather will be a lot nicer to take down the outside decorations around Father's Day.

I am in the process right now!! I can't stand looking at it anymore. :eek:

Okay, I guess I'm going to brave taking them down.:eek: Ugh, I really don't feel like it because I had 4 Bahama Mama's last night at my house and I feel ill!:rolleyes:

We're planning on doing them today. I love Christmas and the decorations, but I also like having everything back to "normal". We can't do the outside yet... its pouring here!

Alright, I'm DONE!! Now I need to jump in the shower so we can go over to our friends for a HUGE Turkey dinner. The sad part is that I don't feel like doing anything now!:rolleyes: I could totally take a nap!!!:cool:

Oh well, school doesn't resume for another week so that means sleeping in for me!!!:D

We did not have time this weekend to take everything down like we usually do. So I will try and do some each day but most will have to wait until this weekend. I am trying to decide if I want to leave the snowman stuff out or put it all away with everything else. Each year I get more and more snowman stuff and I like it but it's just more stuff around that needs to be dusted and to get in the way.

Okay all my decorations are down except the tree and the lights on the tree. My 2 year old is a little upset that x-mas is over. He told me I was a bad boy! They will be down by the end of the night, probably while he is sleeping.

Mine are DOWN!! YEAH!!! The living room seems a lot bigger now!

Everything is down except for the greenery on my bannisters - I hate taking that down because it's so pretty! It's all in my dinning room, all over the place....looks like Christmas EXPLODED in there. I have to re-organize all of my storage bins and eliminate some of it so it will probably be a mess in there for the next week.

I just hate it when Christmas explodes.

I took my tree down today and that is about all so far. I plan to take the rest down as I have the time. I am so happy to finally have my living room back to normal. I rearranged the furniture a little, and I think I hurt my back doing it. I wil go take some Motrin and go to bed. Maybe I could call my boss and tell her her I can't come to work tomorrow, I don't think she would buy it.

What's a "decoation" anyway?All kidding aside, I keep everything up until the feast of the epiphany but if the drummers drumming and the pipers piping aren't bad enough, I do get really annoyed at the Lords a Leaping. You'd think they'd have something better to do, or at least help taking the decorations down.

I think KG is feeling much better this week!!! LOL!!

chefkristin said:
I think KG is feeling much better this week!!! LOL!!

I agree Kristen!!:D Welcome Back KG!! Are you feeling better?:confused:

Better living through chemistry.

Okay they are all down, no more hint of x-mas in my house. My son is sad, & will be even sader tomorrow when he goes back to day care & finds all her x-mas stuff is gone!

I'll start taking mine down this week. I just wish i cold leave the tree up. Has such a mood booster for the living room.

An old friend of mine leaves her's up year 'round. In February, it's hearts. In March, it's shamrocks. April is Easter eggs, May, June and July are American flags (or variations thereof) August is summery stuff, I don't remember what she did for Labor Day (probably just autumn until mid October) then Halloween and back to Christmas.

i finally took my tree down but my outside stuff is still up i will try and get it down in the next few days. its just such a pain to take it all down then put it all back up in a year. or maybe i am just lazy?????

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies