• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tomato Sauce Making: Puree or Mix N Chop?

In summary, puree is a smooth liquid form of tomatoes while the Mix N Chop is a kitchen tool that helps to break down and chop ingredients into smaller pieces. The choice between using puree and the Mix N Chop for making tomato sauce ultimately depends on personal preference, with puree resulting in a smoother texture and the Mix N Chop creating a chunkier sauce. While the Mix N Chop can be used for a variety of ingredients, it may not be the most efficient tool for pureeing tomatoes. It is recommended to hand wash the Mix N Chop with warm soapy water after using it for making tomato sauce.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I have been picking tomatoes from my garden and will be making sauce with them this weekend. The recipe I have says to brown the garlic in a sauce pan and then add the tomatoes and Italian seasoning, basil, and whatever else you want to add. Cook for about 5mins or so and then puree in a food processor. Put back into the pot and cook til desired thickness. Do you think I could just use the Mix N Chop to smush the tomatoes? Or would I really need to puree them? I guess it may just depend on how chunky I want the sauce?

I like chunky sauce...I use my MnC for mine...less mess to clean up!

It depends on the consistency that you want your sauce to have. We love chunks of tomatoes so I use the Salad Chopper when I make my tomato sauce. But I've also used the Mix 'n Chop too which gives it a 'mushier' consistency. Experiment to see what you like the best. Start with the Salad Chopper then finish it off the the Mix 'n Chop. Good luck!

1. What is the difference between using puree and the Mix N Chop for making tomato sauce?

Puree is a smooth liquid form of tomatoes, while the Mix N Chop is a kitchen tool that helps to break down and chop ingredients into smaller pieces. Using puree will result in a smoother texture for your tomato sauce, while using the Mix N Chop will create a chunkier sauce.

2. Which method is better for making tomato sauce, using puree or the Mix N Chop?

This ultimately depends on personal preference. If you prefer a smoother texture for your tomato sauce, then using puree may be the better option. However, if you enjoy a chunkier sauce with more texture, then the Mix N Chop would be the way to go.

3. Can I use the Mix N Chop to puree my tomatoes?

While the Mix N Chop is designed to chop and break down ingredients, it may not be the most efficient tool for pureeing tomatoes. It is recommended to use a blender or food processor for a smoother puree.

4. How do I clean the Mix N Chop after using it for making tomato sauce?

The Mix N Chop is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to ensure all the tomato bits are fully removed. Be sure to rinse and dry it thoroughly before storing.

5. Can I use the Mix N Chop for other ingredients besides tomatoes?

Yes, the Mix N Chop can be used for a variety of ingredients such as onions, garlic, ground meat, and even fruits. It is a versatile tool for chopping and breaking down ingredients for various recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JaimeAnnR
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
  • sarahmarie
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
yummy4tummy
  • Jennie4PC