• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trifle Bowl Chopped Salad Recipe with Ranch and BBQ Sauce Dressing

S
sarahmarie
My idea for the new trifle bowl is to do a chopped salad. use the toss 'n chop (i dont know what the PC name is) to chop your lettuce in a SS bowl. Put half the lettuce in the trifle dish, add a layer of diced tomatoes, corn, black beans, jicima, ranch dressing and BBQ sauce. Repeat all layers. Top with dressing and sauce all swirly like. sprinkle fritos on top. this is like a recipe from california pizza kitchen (my fav!) we can do all likes of layers salads.

I will post my strawberry cheesecake trifle on here sometime. it is not a good show recipe because you have to use your kitchen aid but YUMMMM!!!

sarahmarie said:
My idea for the new trifle bowl is to do a chopped salad. use the toss 'n chop (i dont know what the PC name is) to chop your lettuce in a SS bowl. Put half the lettuce in the trifle dish, add a layer of diced tomatoes, corn, black beans, jicima, ranch dressing and BBQ sauce. Repeat all layers. Top with dressing and sauce all swirly like. sprinkle fritos on top. this is like a recipe from california pizza kitchen (my fav!) we can do all likes of layers salads.

I will post my strawberry cheesecake trifle on here sometime. it is not a good show recipe because you have to use your kitchen aid but YUMMMM!!!

I was thinking how nice it would be to do some layered salads in it too! 7 layer salad is one of my favorites! And the Southwestern Layered Salad from the old salad cards would be beautiful in it! Makes me wonder if the new salad recipes coming out mid-season might have some recipes for the trifle bowl too..hmmmm?

Oh - I bet the Mandarin Pasta Salad could be layered really nicely too!
I am SO EXCITED about the trifle bowl - I have always wanted one - kept hoping PC would come out with one - I have come soooo close so many times to buying one, but this one looks so much better than any one I looked at! AND if we can use the pedastal as a cake stand....well Wooo-hooo!!

I hope it is a cake stand. it doesnt look like it though. because then the bowl is like the cover.
i have one that is a trifle dish/cake stand but the trifle bowl had a glass ball on the bottom to steady it on the stand. you could not take the bowl off and put it on a table or in the fridge. i wonder how this one attaches?

Lemon Blueberry TriffleWe already have a recipe for this in a cookbook (sorry I'm at my other job and don't know which one off hand). I've made it a ton of times. I think it would be good to show off products and the triffle bowl.

Seriously good!This recipe can be found on the above post's link, but my girlfriend also made this one for me for my wedding shower and it was SO yummy! Trifles are really beautiful and look like you are a cooking star when in reality they are so easy. They are perfect for parties and potlucks.

Chocolate Chip Trifle recipe

Source: Nestlé

This layered dessert, inspired by an English classic, is a medley of cookies, fresh fruit and a creamy, custard-like filling.

Servings: 12

1 (18 ounce) package Nestlé Toll House
Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
2 cups fat free milk
2 (3.4 ounce) boxes instant vanilla or chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
2 (12 ounce) containers frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
1 1/2 quarts sliced fresh strawberries or raspberries
Fresh mint leaves (optional)
Fresh strawberries or raspberries (optional)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Cut cookie dough in half lengthwise and then in half again lengthwise, for a total of 4 pieces. Cut cookie dough into 2 1/2-inch logs, ending with 16. Place on ungreased baking sheets.

Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 1 minute; remove to wire racks to cool completely.

Beat milk and pudding mix in large bowl until blended. Fold whipped topping into mixture. Crumble 6 cookies. Sprinkle 3/4 of crumbled cookies on bottom of deep 10-inch glass serving dish. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture. Place strawberries over pudding. Stand remaining 10 cookies, face side out, along the inside of dish. Place remaining pudding mixture over strawberries. Top with remaining crushed cookies. Cover; refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.

Garnish with mint leaves and strawberries.

I can't wait to get it to make my cornbread salad in.
If you have kids and the like jello you can make jello cubes and layer them in different colors with cool whip

You can find a bunch of trifle recipes at http://joycesfinecooking.com/pamperedchefs.htm

Who knew a week ago that trifle recipes were gonna be the new "hot thing", LOL!!

Are there any healthy versions of trifles? I alway take recipes to my DH's work but I would like to take one that is not chocolate and a little lighter in caloric intake.....translation: good for you. Thanks
Valky

woohoo...200 posts. Watch out Gillian at this pace I will be where you are by 2010. LOL.

When I become a director, and possible before that, I will need to cut back my HOURS on CS. I am sure that I can fit it all in though, right???

gilliandanielle said:
When I become a director, and possible before that, I will need to cut back my HOURS on CS. I am sure that I can fit it all in though, right???

But if you give all your recruits a membership to cheffers you can won't need to coach them much because they'll have all of us. :rolleyes:

"Light" TrifleThe triple berry trifle is a "Light" recipe, made with fresh berries, angel food cake and yogurt...Delicious!

I have one
yummy4tummy said:
Are there any healthy versions of trifles? I alway take recipes to my DH's work but I would like to take one that is not chocolate and a little lighter in caloric intake.....translation: good for you. Thanks
Valky

But I think hubby and all his buddies will know its good for them. It's a fruit trifle. Let me know if you want the recipe, I'll have to get it and type it out for you :)

Hi Diane...I PM'd you for the recipe not sure if you got it, but I would love it if you could send it to me. Thanks... Valky

1. What is a trifle bowl chopped salad?

A trifle bowl chopped salad is a layered salad made in a trifle bowl, which is a clear, usually glass, bowl that is wider at the top than at the bottom. The salad is made with chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, corn, black beans, jicima, and topped with ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, and crushed fritos.

2. Why use a toss 'n chop to chop the lettuce?

A toss 'n chop is a kitchen tool that allows you to easily chop lettuce into small, bite-sized pieces. This makes it perfect for a chopped salad, as it creates uniform pieces of lettuce that are easy to eat and mix with the other ingredients.

3. Can I use other ingredients in the trifle bowl chopped salad?

Yes, you can customize the salad to your liking by adding or substituting ingredients. Some popular additions to a chopped salad include diced avocado, bell peppers, red onion, and shredded cheese.

4. How should I layer the salad in the trifle bowl?

The salad should be layered in the following order: chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, corn, black beans, jicima, ranch dressing, BBQ sauce, and crushed fritos. Repeat these layers until the bowl is full, ending with a layer of dressing and sauce on top.

5. What is the difference between a trifle bowl chopped salad and a traditional salad?

A trifle bowl chopped salad is typically served in a clear, glass bowl and is made with chopped ingredients, while a traditional salad is usually served in a regular bowl and has larger, whole ingredients. The trifle bowl allows for a more visually appealing presentation, and the chopped ingredients make it easier to eat and mix with the dressing and sauce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • scottcooks
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
iteachncook
  • britterg