• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Titling Posts for Easier Searches

In summary, Keith suggests that it would be helpful if members title their posts with the actual subject matter instead of vague titles like "Help!!" or "Need Help With...". This would make it easier for those searching for specific topics. He also mentions that posts can be tagged "urgent" if immediate help is needed. The conversation then digresses into jokes about Keith's title for the thread, with some members agreeing that clearer titles would make things simpler.
leftymac
I'm probably being my curmudgeon self, but momma always taught me it was okay to be myself. So, here we go...

I'd like to remind everyone that it's most helpful if you title your post something that relates to the actual subject. There have been a lot of posts lately titled "Help!!" or "Need Help With..." or "What do you think about..." or "Have you ever made...".

If we all title our posts with the actual subject matter, it makes it easier for those who are searching for something. For instance, if you're asking for help, put what you need help with in the title. If you want to know if someone has made something, title the post with the name of that recipe, perhaps.

And remember, you can tag a post as "urgent" if you really need "Help!!" and you need it quickly.

Thank you dear curmudgeon. You make Andy Rooney seem like Santa.BTW, great post, Keith. Your suggestion really would make things simpler.

RMDave said:
Thank you dear curmudgeon. You make Andy Rooney seem like Santa.

BTW, great post, Keith. Your suggestion really would make things simpler.

I happen to find Andy Rooney hilarious.

So do I, but then I've always appreciated the kindness of ... never mind. Don't want to get those Directors all steamed up.By the way, aren't you happy I'm back? I'm BACK!!!!!

RMDave said:
So do I, but then I've always appreciated the kindness of ... never mind. Don't want to get those Directors all steamed up.

By the way, aren't you happy I'm back? I'm BACK!!!!!

Ohhhh, you guys are going to make it steamy in here? I was going to go to bed, but I might just have to stay for the party.

Keith, I had to use an online dictionary to make sure your spelling was correct, since your own thread title was so titillating.;):D

pampchefsarah said:
Ohhhh, you guys are going to make it steamy in here? I was going to go to bed, but I might just have to stay for the party.

Keith, I had to use an online dictionary to make sure your spelling was correct, since your own thread title was so titillating.;):D

I know! After I posted it, I had to look at it again b/c it looked so dirty to me!

Good post, Keith.

Often, if the title of the thread isn't specific - I don't even open it. How do I know if it's something I can help solve if the issue that needs help isn't clear?

Glad that I wasn't the only one who had to check the Dictionary. Excellent post, Keith.

ChefBeckyD said:
Good post, Keith.

Often, if the title of the thread isn't specific - I don't even open it. How do I know if it's something I can help solve if the issue that needs help isn't clear?

Thanks, Becky! :) Glad I'm being backed up by you and others on here!

<<<<<<< other

RMDave said:
<<<<<<< other

LOL - when you call yourself an "Other", it reminds me of LOST.

Best. TV. Ever.

man...I missed this banter! Glad you're back Dave!And I'm tired- because when I read Keith's title for the thread, I read it as "TILTing your post". Seeing it was from Keith, I had to open it and find out what the heck that meant. But in my defense, it's almost 12:30am. :D G'Night! *by the way, I agree- it would make things simpler but who DOES that these days? ;)

This is an issue that comes up periodically. Thanks for the reminder, Keith.

ChefBeckyD said:
LOL - when you call yourself an "Other", it reminds me of LOST.

Best. TV. Ever.

"Like" :D

And, thanks, Keith, I've been thinking the same thing about post titles.

1. What is the purpose of titling posts for easier searches?

Titling posts for easier searches allows users to quickly and easily find the content they are looking for. It helps to categorize and organize posts so that they can be easily located through a search function or by browsing through specific categories.

2. How do I create an effective title for my post?

To create an effective title, it is important to use keywords and phrases that accurately describe the content of your post. Keep the title concise and to the point, and avoid using vague or generic terms. Also, consider using numbers or descriptive adjectives to make your title stand out.

3. Is it necessary to include keywords in my post title?

While it is not necessary, including keywords in your post title can help improve its visibility in search results. Choose relevant and specific keywords that accurately describe the content of your post.

4. Can I change the title of my post after it has been published?

Yes, you can change the title of your post at any time. However, it is recommended to keep the title consistent to avoid confusion for readers and to maintain your post's search engine optimization (SEO).

5. Are there any guidelines I should follow when titling my post?

Yes, it is important to follow a few guidelines when titling your post. Use proper spelling and grammar, avoid using all capital letters or excessive punctuation, and try to keep the title under 60 characters to ensure it is fully displayed in search results. Additionally, make sure the title accurately reflects the content of your post and is relevant to your audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • legacypc46
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies