• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Three Phone Messages in Less Than 24 Hours From Catalog Show Host

In summary, this conversation discusses an annoying person who calls multiple times and is not timely in listening to or returning calls.
chefkathy
Talk about ANNOYING!!!This is a March catalog host who has had the info for about a month now. I had her on my list of people to call this week, but now she's beat me to it.She called me Sunday night at 8:45 p.m. I was struggling to get my little one to sleep. She left a message 45 secs long.Monday 8:22 a.m. she called again. I was working out. She left another message that is 20 seconds.After I worked out, I got the baby down for a nap, took a shower, got dressed, did the dishes, got a few things together to run some errands, packed the baby's lunch, then went to volunteer at Brendan's school like I always do on Mondays (with the baby in tow--he ate lunch in his stroller), ran some errands, got lunch for myself, came home with enough time to put the dishes away, then picked up Brendan from school. Monday 2:10 p.m. AGAIN. I was picking Brendan up from school. Message #3 is 24 secs.I haven't even had a chance to listen to her messages today let alone call her back. I am home now and can finally focus on PC work for a little bit. I am just totally annoyed with her (this is not the first time she's done this multiple message thing to me) and I needed to get this out before calling her back. What do you do with these type of people? Do you say anything to them? Do you have office hours on your voicemail?

when I have these types, which I love because they are usually one who don't return your calls at all, I let them know that I have office hours and if I don't get their call I will call them back just as soon as MY schedule allows.

I have one of those too Deb! And yes it is annoying. My host does a catty show every 6 mos. She's a tupperware/partylite rep. She calls and calls and calls. I never say anything to her about it but return her call about every 3-4 times she calls. And it's so random! She calls me on a whim whenever something PC pops into her head! It's annoying but I'm happy she's hosting and loyal. HUGS!!!!

Just listened to the messages. She wants to close her show and today is her only day off this week. I guess it's not all bad that she wants to finally get things in, especially since I gave her like 10 catalogs along the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Off to call her....

Good luck!!!!

Whew...that's done. I spent a half hour on the phone getting her orders. It's $454 commissionable and I'm picking up her check tomorrow.Not bad.

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DebbieJ said:
Whew...that's done. I spent a half hour on the phone getting her orders. It's $454 commissionable and I'm picking up her check tomorrow.

Not bad.

.....if you had been a little more timely in listening to and returning her call you could have gotten the checks today! LOL :devil: :cool: Yeah, I have a few of those hosts/guests, drives me almost as crazy as the ones who don't return your call....or the one who never spends more than $20 and wants you to replace her broken Press and Seal and Scoops that she bought 6 years ago and took them apart herself.....:rolleyes:

Bwahaha! You crack me up Linda!!!

Ohh! I had one of those last month, drove me crazy, called and called and called, home phone, then cell, then home. Finally I drove home between picking up Tyler from preschool ( I usually stay out until the older two kids are done with school because there is only 45 min in between) to call her back and she kept me on the phone for 45 min because she had no idea what she wanted to order, so then I had to tell her I had to leave to get the other 2 and would have to call her again later. It took several more calls just to close her show then she called and called and called about when it would be in and it hadn't even shipped. Then she says "I know you are busy with all your kids, BUT" I wanted to say YEAH I am.

I'm mortified right now!!! I just make a booking call and called the entirely wrong person! The two ladies have the same first name and I just feel like a HUGE ASS because she knew who I was and I thought she was someone else and I am so embarrassed!!!!! :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

Oh, Colleen! I hate when I have the wrong person in mind when I am calling someone! Did the "mistaken identity" want to book a show?

almondfarm said:
Oh, Colleen! I hate when I have the wrong person in mind when I am calling someone! Did the "mistaken identity" want to book a show?

LOL! She is already going to host but under a different scenario. When I met her she told me about her adult son who has autism and a new program he is involved with where they teach the kids how to live more independently (although most will never live on their own). I explained to her that I have 2 special needs consultants on my team and how I work with them through a similar program, etc. She got really excited because she is familiar with the program I work with. Then she suggested we do a cooking class for the adult kids (a VERY structured one). She spoke with the teachers and they loved the idea and they are thinking we should do it quarterly at the school/facility they attend. Each will attend with either their parent or care-taker and they want to encourage the kids/parents/caretakers to purchase the items the kids are working with so they can cook on their own. We haven't set the date yet but are looking at the end of April or beginning of May for the first one. I'm thinking of doing it as a "series" but not one that builds on another so new participants can join at any time... and they will learn new recipes at each class.

I never did get in touch with who I was thinking I was calling though!!! LOL!!!

Debbie,

Just sign her up as a consultant. Anybody who actually follows up with me and collects more than $150 for a catalog show is consultant material in my book.

1. How do I handle receiving multiple phone messages from my catalog show host in less than 24 hours?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to respond to your catalog show host's messages as soon as possible. The first step is to listen to each message carefully and make note of any important details, such as the reason for the call or any specific questions they may have. Next, prioritize your responses based on urgency and importance. It may be helpful to call your host back and address their concerns in one phone call, rather than multiple back-and-forth messages. Remember to remain professional and friendly in your communication with your host.

2. What if I am unable to return the calls within 24 hours?

If you are unable to return your host's calls within 24 hours, it is important to communicate this to them. Leaving a message or sending a quick email to let them know you have received their messages and will get back to them as soon as possible shows that you value their time and are committed to assisting them with their catalog show. It is also a good idea to provide an estimated timeframe for when they can expect to hear back from you.

3. Should I leave a message if I am unable to reach my host?

Yes, it is important to leave a message if you are unable to reach your host. This shows that you have made an effort to communicate with them and are interested in assisting them with their catalog show. Be sure to leave a brief but informative message, including your name, contact information, and a reason for your call.

4. How can I prevent receiving multiple messages from my host in a short period of time?

One way to prevent receiving multiple messages from your host is to establish clear communication expectations from the beginning. Before the start of the catalog show, discuss with your host the preferred method of communication and how often you will be in touch. This will help to avoid any miscommunication or confusion and ensure that you and your host are on the same page.

5. What should I do if my host is not responding to my calls?

If your host is not responding to your calls, it may be helpful to try reaching out through other methods of communication such as email or text message. If you still do not receive a response, it may be best to reach out to your host's designated support person, such as a co-host or a close friend or family member. Remember to remain patient and understanding, as your host may be busy or experiencing technical difficulties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • chefann
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefann
  • cincychef