• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

That Was Awesome, but a Little Unnerving...

C
chelynn
So I called the solution center to get an update on when my customers' Mix 'n Chops would ship. I sat on hold for quite awhile--which was fine, as we were in the car, DH driving. Someone picked up, and I said, "Hi, I'm just wondering if you could tell me when the Mix 'n Cops are goin to ship? She said, "Sure, just give me your show number..." and then I couldn't hear anything after that. I said "Hello" several times, but nothing. So I hung up, a little disappointed because I had been on hold so long, but figured I'd just call back tomorrow.

Then my phone rang, with an 888 number on the ID. I picked up, and a voice said, "Hello Chelsea? This is Sophie from the Solution Center. I could hear you, but you couldn't hear me. I have your show submitted for Karly xxxx, and I show that the two Mix 'n Chops shipped yesterday and Karly should have them tomorrow."

I said, "Wow, I guess you have caller ID!" She said yes.

Fabulous customer service!!! But I never told her my name or anything! And the cell phone is registered under my husband! A little weird. ;)

she did say that she could hear you so maybe that's what happened. Just taking a stab here, but if she asked you your show # then she must have already had your consultant #. And then she would have known who you were and if you said your show # she probably typed it in and that's when you two had the phone trouble. Just a thought!;)

I never even said I was a consultant, or gave my consultant number. Although maybe that's a consultant-only number? I had no idea what she meant by show number, but I've only submitted one. :) So that would have definitely helped, but still! :p

They should have your number on file, so that info comes up when you call in.

Yep, the solution center always knows who I am whether I call from my home phone or my cell.

Did you give them the cell phone number on your consultant agreement? Then they have it stored with your info and can pull you up that way.

DebbieJ said:
Yep, the solution center always knows who I am whether I call from my home phone or my cell.

Did you give them the cell phone number on your consultant agreement? Then they have it stored with your info and can pull you up that way.
I probably did--that's a good point. I am really fine with it, I was just really surprised! :)

chelynn said:
I probably did--that's a good point. I am really fine with it, I was just really surprised! :)
we are trying to get to the bottom of it with you! I'd be tripping out too! The first time they started talking to me like they knew me when I called in, I was shocked too! For me though, the first couple of years were not as easy as they are now, the waits on phone calls were very long and you had to tell them all your info. So when they started to change it was weird!
I bet that you did put your cell phone down on your contract and that is how they knew!

I think that once you call from a number, they add that one to your file. I move around from office to office for my day job, and after one call from a new phone number, they reognize it.

chefann said:
I think that once you call from a number, they add that one to your file. I move around from office to office for my day job, and after one call from a new phone number, they reognize it.
I was just going to type the same thing!

They now know who I am from my home, cell, DH's cell, mom's phone.......it is a bit unnerving though that I never have to tell them who I am - I still always get ready w/ my name, consultant #, etc....

When you call in you tell them whether you are a customer or a consultant and before they connect you to a person they ask you to enter your consultant number. That's how they know who you are. They ask all this on every call.

Even if you hadn't given them the show number before losing the call they could look up your history and see whose shows had backorders.

Pretty soon people will not be asked to keep receipts because they already have the ability to see the information on their screens from when we submit the shows. That's why it is important that people not combine orders. The big problem I think they might still have is when they are given as gifts.

I'm never asked for my consultant # anymore!

Yep- I haven't had to type my consultant number recently.

Hmmm... I just called yesterday and I had to. I have never called and they not ask for it. Interesting...

It must be because you are such a suspicious character, Beth!:D ;)
(JK!)

I am sure that is it! I only call from my home and my cell number so that can't be it... but then the number I have on my records and the number caller id shows are different because I have 2 numbers on the one line. Still, that shouldn't be an issue from what you all say.

Maybe NC is a bit behind and we don't have the technology that the rest of you have to allow them to know who I am or maybe we have better spyware and we don't allow them to see who we are just from caller id.

BethCooks4U said:
When you call in you tell them whether you are a customer or a consultant and before they connect you to a person they ask you to enter your consultant number. That's how they know who you are. They ask all this on every call.

Even if you hadn't given them the show number before losing the call they could look up your history and see whose shows had backorders.

Pretty soon people will not be asked to keep receipts because they already have the ability to see the information on their screens from when we submit the shows. That's why it is important that people not combine orders. The big problem I think they might still have is when they are given as gifts.
I didn't have to enter my number either. :)

I called yesterday from home. Didn't enter any numbers. When they answered they said hello Jennifer how can we help you. Pretty wild.

ChefJeniLobdell said:
I called yesterday from home. Didn't enter any numbers. When they answered they said hello Jennifer how can we help you. Pretty wild.

Thats what they do with me too!

Beth - do you have some type of block on your phone so that the phone receiving the call can't see the #?

ChefJeniLobdell said:

Now THAT would freak the hell out of me!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Freaked me out the first few times it happened to me, too! Still makes me pause, but I'm getting more used to it.

I guess why ESP is a requirement to work the phones at HO.

:D

It is a little freaky isn't it? We have an unlisted number so ours shows up as "Private Number" on Caller ID. I called once without giving any info either and they knew it was me.

ChefBeckyD said:
Thats what they do with me too!

Beth - do you have some type of block on your phone so that the phone receiving the call can't see the #?
No I have no blocks on my phone. Maybe the technology changed since my last call a couple weeks ago.

Related to That Was Awesome, but a Little Unnerving...

1. How did the customer service representative know my name and show information without me providing it?

The customer service representative most likely used caller ID to identify your name and show information. This technology allows the representative to see the phone number associated with the call and any additional information linked to that number, such as your name and show information.

2. Why couldn't I hear the customer service representative after they asked for my show number?

There could be several reasons for this. It is possible that there was a technical issue with the phone line or the representative's equipment. It is also possible that there was a temporary disconnection or interruption in the call. Lastly, it could have been a problem with the representative's microphone or headset.

3. How did the customer service representative know about my order and its shipping status?

The representative most likely accessed your order information through the company's database or customer service system. This information is typically linked to your phone number or account, allowing representatives to quickly access and provide updates on your order.

4. Is it common for customer service representatives to have caller ID?

It is becoming increasingly common for customer service representatives to have caller ID technology. This allows for a more efficient and personalized customer service experience, as representatives can quickly access customer information and resolve issues more effectively.

5. How did the customer service representative call me back from an 888 number?

The customer service representative most likely used a feature called "Caller ID Blocking" which allows them to call customers back without revealing their personal phone number. This is a common practice in customer service to maintain privacy and security for both the representative and the customer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies