• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tell Me How You Use Some of These Spices

better.Southwestern Seasoning Mix - I used it in place of taco seasoning once and it didn't turn out so well. I think I'll need to experiment more before I can give a good opinion.Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix - I use this on chicken and turkey.The Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix is great on roasted vegetables, and I make homemade baked french fries, w/ oil, some cruched garlic and the Rosemary seasoning.
spoiledchef
Okay, so I use the Italian Seasoning Mix in ALL of my Italian meals, meatloaf, and meatballs.

But -- with the others pices, I'm at a total loss. So, please share how you use these spices or what you use them in/on. TIA

Jamiacan Jerk Rub
Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub
Citrus & Basil Rub
Asian Seasoning Mix
Southwestern Seasoning Mix
Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix

Thanks everyone!

Good Thread Sherrie!! I can't wait to see what others use these for!

I use the Rosemary on my Chicken and turkey.

I sometimes substitue taco seasoning for the Southwestern.;)

I make the Fabulous Fajita Pizza a lot, since it's my family's favorite meal, and so I use a lot of the southwestern seasoning. Other than that, I haven't tried any of our other seasonings yet, so I'm interested to hear some ideas!

Rosemary Herb - Love it on Roasted Chicken, also on roasted vegetables, and I make homemade baked french fries, w/ oil, some cruched garlic and the Rosemary seasoning
Southwestern - We love the Tex-Mex Chicken melts....Touchdown Taco Dip, also good in White Chicken Chili, and for Chicken Tacos. I usually add some to my refried beans just for a little more flavor
Citrus & BasilMostsly use this when grilling or broiling just about any kind of fish - we love fish! This is my favorite Rub...but haven't had much chance to use the new rubs yet, so that may change!

The Rosemary mix is great on pork and chicken (use it on the 30-minute chik) or in beer bread.

Cinnamon and Cinnamon plus are almost no-brainers: any recipe that calls for cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. They're also great in waffles or pancakes.

Dill mix is good in salad, on veggies (esp. cooked carrots or sliced cucumbers in sour cream) or mixed in to beer bread mix.

Asian is delish on sliced pork. Season liberally, then pan fry in a little sesame oil. Serve over rice. YUM!!

Southwestern can be used instead of taco or fajita seasoning. Also good to make a "Mexican" meatloaf.

All I've used the Jerk rub for so far is the salad, and that's really good.

Most of the seasonings make great dips: mix 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup mayo and 2 tablespoons seasoning. Taste, then add more seasoning if desired.

The Southwestern- I have made a dip and used tortila chips , its great with taco and fajitas as well...

Rosemary Herb- I use this the most when I bake a whole body chicken, or if I grilling ..... it's great on diced baked potatoes as well.....

The rubs- are great for grillings... and they make a yummie salad dressing too... when mixed with garlic infused oil.

Okay, so the SW seasoning...I tried to use it in place of taco seasoning once, and it didn't come out right. We had to play with more spices to make it taste right. So, what are you all doing to use it w/tacos, etc? TIA

I will even put the spices and rubs on the table instead of salt and pepper when company come over. The rubs are great sprinkled on mashed potatoes. Try to think outside the box!!

The Cinnamon Plus is great for French Toast, apple sauce, apple pie. I also sprinkle in lofat yogurt, add 2 pks. of Splenda, and any fruit for a great breakfast.
Citrus Basil is great on salmon, chicken and pork, as a rub. Just brush the "meat" with oil, and sprinkle on the seasoning.
Southwestern is great in Chili, on steaks, in a dip with 1 cup each of sour cream and mayo, to about 1 tbsp. of SW.
The Jamacian Jerk was wonderful on pork tenderloins roasted with veggies in our Deep Dish Baker.
The Asian seasoning was wonderful with a Stir Fry that I created with
imiatation crab, celery, onions, gr. and red peppers and mushrooms.
Sprinkle it on to suite your own taste. I used two teaspoons approx. to
16 oz. of crabmeat, and several cups of veggies.
Dill Seasoning is great for a Dill Dip, and on fish.

Jamiacan Jerk Rub--just used it on chicken. YUMMY!!
Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub--awesome on steaks
Citrus & Basil Rub--chicken and pork
Asian Seasoning Mix--haven't used it yet
Southwestern Seasoning Mix--in place of taco seasoning
Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix--roasted veggies, turkey

The asian seasoning has a dressing recipe on the side that is to DIE for!

Agree!
gilliandanielle said:

I love it as a salad dressing and I also used the dressing as a marinade for skirt steak! Yum!! :D

Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub - I don't like this one.
Citrus & Basil Rub - delicious on grilled chicken and fish
Asian Seasoning Mix - stir-fried with chicken the other night, very good. I never like the Asian Seasoning that PC had @ 5 years ago, this one is much better
Southwestern Seasoning Mix - I usually put a big spoonfull in my pot of chili - along with my regular chili seasoning
Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix - my absolute fave!! Love it on Chicken or Pork also the Rosemary Parmesan Pinwheels are to die for.....I could eat the entire recipe.........and since I know that you are going to ask - here it is....

Rosemary Parmesan Pinwheels
1 can (8 ounces) Pillsbury® Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
½ cup regular cream cheese spread
¼ cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon Pantry Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix

1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Separate dough into four rectangles on smooth side of Large Grooved Cutting Board. Press seams to seal.
2. Place cream cheese in Small Batter Bowl. Grate Parmesan cheese into batter bowl using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Snip rosemary using Kitchen Shears; add to cheese mixture. Mix well using Small Mix ’N Scraper®. Using Small Spreader, spread each rectangle with about 2 tablespoons cheese mixture to within ¼ inch of edges.
3. Starting at short side, roll up each rectangle; pinch edges to seal. Cut each roll crosswise into six slices using Serrated Bread Knife for a total of 24 slices. Place slices, cut side down, on Large Round Stone. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack. Serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 24 pinwheels

Nutrients per serving (1 pinwheel): Calories 60, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 105 mg, Fiber 0 g

pamperedlinda said:
Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub - I don't like this one.

What, you crazy chick!! Must be a blond thing

The peppercorn & garlic is my favorite rub put on hamburgers for the grill reminds me of the peppercorn burger at Chili's.
Rosemary I use on pork loins & potatoes
dill mix is great for dill dip I use 2 cups sour cream and 2 tbsps mix
Smoky BBQ rub 1 pork loin 1 can coca cola the rub cook in crockpot and shred mix with BBQ sauce for shredded pork sandwiches

gilliandanielle said:

Agreed! I used this as a sauce on some noodles and veggies - really good! It gets really citrussy after sitting for a couple of days in the fridge.

rennea said:
What, you crazy chick!! Must be a blond thing
Nope, it's a caraway thing! There's a hint of caraway in this seasoning and although I do like caraway, it has it's place in certain recipes...but not on my steak!

pamperedlinda said:
Nope, it's a caraway thing! There's a hint of caraway in this seasoning and although I do like caraway, it has it's place in certain recipes...but not on my steak!

I'm blonde too - so maybe it is a blonde thing.....it's the only seasoning I don't really care for....and for the same reason! I'm particular about my caraway too!:D And Linda - I think the same about the Asian Seasoning....never cared for the old one, and at first was leary of this one thinking it was the same spice/new bottle....but I agree, it is much better!

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm blonde too - so maybe it is a blonde thing.....it's the only seasoning I don't really care for....and for the same reason! I'm particular about my caraway too!:D And Linda - I think the same about the Asian Seasoning....never cared for the old one, and at first was leary of this one thinking it was the same spice/new bottle....but I agree, it is much better!
It must be a blonde thing!.....A good thing too!

I use the jerk rub on the 30 minute chicken in the microwave...extreme yum!

Cinnamon Plus: Put about 1/2 tsp (or to taste) into coffee grinds before brewing a pot of coffee...YUMMY!!!!
Dill mix: Mix cooked beets (i roast them) with some chopped green onions, EVOO and dill mix to taste!
Vanilla: add to Bisquick pancake batter with a few soops of sugar for pancakes or waffles. You can also add a mashed ripe banana and some drained crushed pineapple!!!

pcleah said:
Cinnamon Plus: Put about 1/2 tsp (or to taste) into coffee grinds before brewing a pot of coffee...YUMMY!!!!
Dill mix: Mix cooked beets (i roast them) with some chopped green onions, EVOO and dill mix to taste!
Vanilla: add to Bisquick pancake batter with a few soops of sugar for pancakes or waffles. You can also add a mashed ripe banana and some drained crushed pineapple!!!

For an even tastier coffee treat - add a few drops of vanilla along with the cinnamon plus to your grounds....so smooth...I've actually had people ask me for my "Coffee recipe"!!!
Now that we aren't selling the coffee - I'm going to promote this at shows!:D

I am on it!!!! It is soooo cold today, I can't wait to make a new pot of COFFEE!!! Thanks for the info!!!!
Leah

My favorites:Dill mix is my favoite (close second is our Italian)

I use the dill mix in many things:
In my deviled eggs, as well as sprinkled on top instead of paprika.
In seafood salad (imit. crab meat, thawed frozen peas, miracle whip and dill seasoning- you can also add bacon pieces, celery, onion to taste)
In chicken salad!!
On steamed carrots!
In scrambled eggs!
On roasted potatoes!
(Um, I think you can see I like dill!! :eek: )

Italian Seasoning- in my meatloaf, in canned spaghetti sauce add in with some fresh garlic and it tastes like homemade

Jerk and BBQ seasonings: only thing I have tried with these are super easy and moist chicken strips: Tenderloin strips, add some olive oil and seasoning and grill up quickly in our grill pan. YUM! I never thought that my DH would go for the Jerk seasoning, but he loved it! I liked the BBQ seasoning on the chicken, and I am not really a big fan of BBQ sauce- this just tasted "barbequed," as in fresh off of the grill, not like BBQ SAUCE.

Cinnamon and Cinnamon Plus- I use these in baking all of the time! Our Korinje Cinnamon is the same cinnamon that they use at CINNABUN!!! Needless to say, I have a to-die-for recipe for cinnamon buns!!

I am not a fan of the other rubs (peppercorn, citrus, etc.) but that is just my own taste...had plenty of customers who really like them!

Simple, but tasty!Today I mixed some Southwestern Seasoning with shredded cheese. I put the cheese on Tortilla Chips and microwaved them for about 35 seconds.

Easy cheese Nachos with a little kick!

Lisa

Yum!
ChefLisa said:
Today I mixed some Southwestern Seasoning with shredded cheese. I put the cheese on Tortilla Chips and microwaved them for about 35 seconds.

Easy cheese Nachos with a little kick!

Lisa

YUM!!!!!!! That sounds awesome!!! I feel like trying that right now!!! LOL:D

spoiledchef said:
Okay, so I use the Italian Seasoning Mix in ALL of my Italian meals, meatloaf, and meatballs.

But -- with the others pices, I'm at a total loss. So, please share how you use these spices or what you use them in/on. TIA

Jamiacan Jerk Rub
Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub
Citrus & Basil Rub
Asian Seasoning Mix
Southwestern Seasoning Mix
Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix

Thanks everyone!

I use the Italian Seasoning Mix in EVERYTHING!! I use it in my pasta sauces; I mix it with fresh pressed garlic, softened butter and some fresh grated parmesan cheese to spread on slices of Italian or French Bread -- then I piece the slices of loaf back together, wrap it all up in foil & bake it for a "homemade" version of garlic bread.

The Jerk Rub I've so far only used in the Jerk Chicken Salad which is pretty tasty.

I use the Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub when grilling lots of steaks or rubbin on beef roasts before roasting in the oven.

I tend to like the Citrus & Basil Rub on grilled chicken breasts or fish

I use the Asian Seasoning Mix on pork roasts. I also sprinkle a little bit on roast chickens after brushing the chicken with some teriyaki glaze. Whenever I make stirfry meals I use about 1 to 2 teaspoons of the seasoning mix in there as well. Also, if I'm serving a meal with Oriental Blend vegetables, I'll sprinkle on the Asian Seasoning Mix rather than just salt or pepper.

I make the SBRC Southwestern Fajita Sub a lot to use up Southwestern seasoning -- it's quick, easy & tastes awesome. It's also a great demo recipe to use for shows! I'll make the Southwestern Dip to use with a veggie platter. I also make this awesome warm dip that my director gave me the recipe for -- it must be a recipe from pre-2002, because that's all that my cookbooks & SBRC's date back to & I can't find the recipe in any of them. It's called Chili Verde Dip & it's either baked or microwaved in the Deep Dish Pie Plate -- let me tell 'ya.....that dip is some good stuff!!

The Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix I'll use on Turkey, pork or sometimes even lamb chops.

pmprdRN2 said:
I also make this awesome warm dip that my director gave me the recipe for -- it must be a recipe from pre-2002, because that's all that my cookbooks & SBRC's date back to & I can't find the recipe in any of them. It's called Chili Verde Dip & it's either baked or microwaved in the Deep Dish Pie Plate -- let me tell 'ya.....that dip is some good stuff!!

The Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix I'll use on Turkey, pork or sometimes even lamb chops.

OK, now you have to share that great recipe with the rest of us!!:p :p

I am going to have to get some more of the seasonings now!

Yum, am planning on ordering some sample spices once my first show products arrive. Am hesitant to even submit any orders right now they appear so far behind.

I used the Asian Seasoning last night :D

1 lb pork/chicken in skillet, cooked through with seasoning
add 1 1/4 cup water, veggies and 1/4 soy sauce bring to boil, add 2 cups minute rice. YUMMMY :D and done in about 30 minutes (season to taste)...

I used the crushed peppercorn and garlic rub last night on my steak, and the flavor was great, but I don't like "chunks" of seasoning on my food....next time I will probably grind it up before I use it...

Love the Seasonings!Love all of the great ideas!

Here are mine:

Southwest Seasoning I use as I would taco seasoning packets, just add additional cumin (I LOVE cumin!), parsely flakes, and pressed garlic. I also add some to my refried beans (or black beans) for extra flavor, or sprinkle inside quesadillas. Yum!

Also, I sprinkle it all over chicken breasts or tenderloins and grill or bake. I've also covered a steak with it and grilled it in the grill pan. Then used the steak in burritos. It was fabulous. That steak (or chicken) would also be good in a Santa Fe type salad with lettuce, corn, black beans, jack cheese, tomatoes, and a mexican-type dressing.

Asian Seasoning Just used this for the first time on Monday, in my stir fry. I added the seasoning to my marinade and it was delish.

Italian Seasoning Same as everyone else! Great in any pasta, meatloaf, etc. I also sprinkle it on my chicken when I make it on my grill pan. Delish and great leftovers for salads!

Dill seasoning Use it in cream cheese spreads (same as in the clubhouse chicken squares) nice as a veggie "dip", and my favorite is to make up the recipe for dip on the package, and then use some/most of that in my mashed potatoes instead of milk and butter! Everyone gobbles up the potatoes when I do that.

Jerk Seasoning I love this! I use it all the time. It is great brushed onto chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts and then grilled up in the grill pan--great for a quick dinner!

Can you tell that I LOVE my grill pan, and that my family loves chicken?! :D

I am looking forward to trying the rubs as well, and the new BBQ seasoning. I love using seasonings and fresh herbs in my cooking, and I love the quality of the PC seasonings.

I'm just full of LOVE today! :D

the rosemary is great on pot roast

Tracey -- tell me...do you just grill your meats in the grill pan? Or -- do you sear, then finish in the oven? I've used mine for chicken and hamburgers. I also just used it for pork tenderloin (seared it, and then baked in the oven). I'd love to hear how you use yours. TIA

Sherrie,I'm (usually) all about getting things done quickly and in as few steps as possible. :D So, I never sear and finish in the oven when I'm using the grill pan. When I get my grill pan out, I am usually going for a quick meal. Hence the use of chicken tenderloins--they're done in just a couple of minutes and taste wonderful and are healthy. I also notice that with chicken especially, it is very easy for me to over-bake it and dry it out. (I tend to get sidetracked and lose track of time.) So I like just doing it on the stove top because the chicken is still always juicy. Same for steak, I prefer grilling to broiling because I feel like I have better control over the amount of doneness (we like medium). Hope I answered your question. I love all of the ideas and feedback we get on these forums!

Someone should put all of these in a file so we can use them! :) (Not volunteering - currently too busy - sorry)

Janet -- I was hoping to do that, and I do plan on it. Just give me until Monday. I'll work on it today and tomorrow, and hopefully, I'll have it up by Monday. Thanks.

Jamaican Jerk RubWe LOVE the Jamaican Jerk RUb in my house! Brush some oil on some pork chops and smother with the rub and throw in the oven...YUMMY!:D

spoiledchef said:
Janet -- I was hoping to do that, and I do plan on it. Just give me until Monday. I'll work on it today and tomorrow, and hopefully, I'll have it up by Monday. Thanks.

You're the best... Oh wait, Harriet and the compilation of 80 Trifle recipes will be hard to beat! ...jury is still out then - LOL! :rolleyes:

Okay, here's what I have so far. We have NO uses for the Bell Pepper & Herb Rub????? I don't have it, so I've no clue. Enjoy everyone! If people add, then I'll add to the document and re-attach. Thanks.

Attachments

• The Pampered Pantry...Spice It Up.doc
    79 KB · Views: 492
spoiledchef said:
Okay, here's what I have so far. We have NO uses for the Bell Pepper & Herb Rub????? I don't have it, so I've no clue. Enjoy everyone! If people add, then I'll add to the document and re-attach. Thanks.

I use all the rubs, they are great on chicken, steak, pork chops etc. You could even use the rubs for veggies.

Chili Verde Dip
KellyTheChef said:
OK, now you have to share that great recipe with the rest of us!!:p :p

You can use a variety of tools to demo this recipe if you wish (depending on what items you want to sell for the month). The possibilities are endless -- get creative with it!! Ok, since ya'll asked, here it is:

Chili Verde Dip

16oz can refried BLACK beans
1tsp PLUS 1tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix
1 lime
8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
4oz can chopped green chilies, undrained
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1 small can black olives, sliced
5oz (1-1/4 cups)grated cheddar cheese
1 tbsp fresh snipped cilantro

Mix the refried beans with 1tsp of Southwest seasoning; spread mixture over the bottom of the Deep Dish Pie Plate. Juice lime to measure 1 tbsp of lime juice. Mix together cream cheese, lime juice, chilies, garlic, and remaining tbsp of Southwest Seasoning until smooth. Chop onion & half of the sliced olives. Add 4 oz grated cheese, onions and chopped olives to cream cheese mixture. Mix together well. Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the bean mixture in the pie plate & spread out evenly. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or microwave on HIGH power for 5 to 8 minutes. Once warmed through, top hot dip with remaining 1 oz of cheese, some sliced olives and the snipped cilantro. Serve with warm homemade or store-bought tortilla chips.

I have served this dip at countless parties & gatherings. It is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS a HIT!!!!! At times I may have been guilty of being a bit more generous with the cheddar cheese than just 5 oz!! Now, toss in a margarita or a couple of Coronas and you have yourself a party!!!! LOL!!!

I use mine in anythingMy get used all the time. I use them in anything that calls for spices. I even use mu rubs (old style) as a spice on chicken mostly. These rubs are also good in soups and stew as they are bigger pieces and flavor nicely.

Awesome - thanks for the file Sherrie! :)

Here's a few more:

Rosemary Mix (favorite):
- coat vegetables (potatoes, onions, mushrooms, squashes) with olive oil and rosemary seasoning, then roast them. Yum!
- make minature phyllo triangles filled with a little bit of goat cheese and the rosemary seasoning....very easy and amazingly good (super elegant)

Garlic Oil: great for making crostini or brushetta (and your kitchen will smell like heaven)

Italian Mix: add it to store bought pizzas

Southwest: great with eggs. I also add it to olive oil and then spread it on tortillas when making southwest tortatinis

Basil Oil: use this instead of olive oil when making Caprese Salad (sliced tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, freash basil, ground pepper and a little ground sea salt)

Citrus Basil Shrimp: lightly coat uncooked shrimp w/basil oil, then the citrus basil rub; skewer and grill. Delicious

Spices and Seasonings...We use the Bell Pepper and Herb to spice up our canned green beans. Just sprinkle liberally and microwave. YUM.

Related to Tell Me How You Use Some of These Spices

1. How do I use the Jamaican Jerk Rub?

The Jamaican Jerk Rub is a versatile spice mix that can add a spicy and flavorful kick to a variety of dishes. It is traditionally used to season grilled or roasted meats, such as chicken, pork, or beef. You can also mix it with oil or vinegar to create a marinade or rub it onto vegetables before roasting. It can also be used as a dry rub for ribs or added to stews and sauces for a Caribbean-inspired flavor.

2. What can I use the Crushed Peppercorn & Garlic Rub for?

This rub is perfect for adding a bold and savory flavor to meats like steaks, pork chops, and chicken. Simply sprinkle it on before cooking or mix it with oil or butter to create a marinade. You can also use it to season roasted vegetables, potatoes, or even popcorn for a delicious and unique snack.

3. How can I incorporate the Citrus & Basil Rub into my cooking?

The Citrus & Basil Rub is a zesty and refreshing blend that pairs well with seafood, chicken, and vegetables. You can use it to season grilled or roasted fish, shrimp, or chicken. It also adds a bright and tangy flavor to salads and pasta dishes. For a unique twist, mix it with olive oil and brush it onto bread before toasting for a flavorful garlic bread.

4. What dishes can I use the Asian Seasoning Mix in?

The Asian Seasoning Mix is a fragrant and savory blend that is perfect for adding an Asian-inspired twist to your dishes. It can be used to season stir-fries, fried rice, and noodle dishes. You can also mix it with oil or soy sauce to create a marinade or use it as a dry rub for meats like chicken, beef, and pork. It can also add a unique flavor to roasted vegetables or tofu.

5. How do I use the Southwestern Seasoning Mix?

The Southwestern Seasoning Mix is a spicy and smoky blend that is perfect for adding a Tex-Mex flavor to your dishes. It can be used to season grilled meats like chicken, steak, or pork. You can also mix it with oil or salsa to create a marinade or use it as a dry rub for ribs or brisket. It also adds a delicious kick to dishes like chili, tacos, and enchiladas.

6. What are some ways to use the Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix?

The Rosemary Herb Seasoning Mix is a versatile blend that adds a savory and aromatic flavor to a variety of dishes. You can use it to season roasted or grilled meats like chicken, lamb, or pork. It also adds a delicious flavor to roasted vegetables, potatoes, or bread. For a twist, mix it with olive oil to create a marinade or sprinkle it onto popcorn for a unique snack.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • jenniferlynne
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • chefmoseley