• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Switching to USPS for Shipping: FAQs and How-To Guide

In summary, you can print USPS shipping labels through PayPal. You can also print USPS shipping labels through Stamps.com and save on the monthly fee.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
For YEARS I have paid a monthly fee to use Endicia for shipping. I would like to cancel that and start using USPS to print my shipping labels but am not sure if I can print first class and/or parcel post thru USPS...or can I only print priority? Anyone know?

check out usps.com. I know you can print off shipping labels and schedule pick-ups. You can also request them to drop off priority mail boxes (I hope I'm remembering this correctly...) Or you can pick up a bunch from the PO and print off the labels and postage at home.

Right - but I am trying to find out if I can get First Class and Parcel Post or if I am limited to Pariority

Oh sorry, I mis-read your post... :blushing:

I believe you can print USPS shipping labels through PayPal too ... and it's not limited to Priority.

But if I got thru USPS and NOT thru Paypal can I still do 1st class and parcel post?

I don't believe you can... if you are looking to save money on the monthly fee Stamps.com has a $9.99 a month plan.....

You might want to call your post office and find out. I just went to the website and I'm not sure if you can print off postage for first class or parcel post. On the "print shipping labels" button, it only lists priority and express mail, so that might be all that you can do.

I am paying 9.95/m to Endicia but was hoping USPs offered the same service for free...oh well :(

usps.com is priority or express only. BUT I have a scale at home and you can look up rates for the other classes of mail and then use appropriate postage. I have a myriad of stamps here at home. Then you just have to drop it at the post office (and not wait in line) or schedule a carrier pick up.

dannyzmom said:
I am paying 9.95/m to Endicia but was hoping USPs offered the same service for free...oh well :(

That's why I mentioned doing it through PayPal. It is a free service, but you can ship media mail, etc, through the USPS via PayPal. Just check it out ... it may be exactly what you are looking for.

coriatc said:
That's why I mentioned doing it through PayPal. It is a free service, but you can ship media mail, etc, through the USPS via PayPal. Just check it out ... it may be exactly what you are looking for.

Really? I never knew this! How did you print the stamps?

you end up printing a mailing label ... for parcel post ... first class ... media mail ... etc...

Select "Multi Order Shipping"
And then you can "Create New Label"

It's so easy!!

DebbieJ said:
usps.com is priority or express only.

BUT I have a scale at home and you can look up rates for the other classes of mail and then use appropriate postage. I have a myriad of stamps here at home. Then you just have to drop it at the post office (and not wait in line) or schedule a carrier pick up.

Where did you get your scale?

Most post offices sell the scales too.

You should be able to get a discount through Office Max.

I've seen postal scales at Walmart also

Hey Cori --
My question about shipping thru paypal is this -- let's say I need to ship out a host packet - so there was no paypal payment involved, can I still ship it 1st class that way?

dannyzmom said:
Hey Cori --
My question about shipping thru paypal is this -- let's say I need to ship out a host packet - so there was no paypal payment involved, can I still ship it 1st class that way?
Yes you can! :) That is where you would just follow the steps I listed above! It's really simple and it doesn't cost anything extra!

Last edited:
Hey Cori -- I LOVE YOU!!!

LOL! I'm just glad to help!:blushing:

Cori, I am new to PayPal. Can you give instructions on how to get set up and do this? I just went on and created a personal account. I think I found the Multi Order Shipment page. But now I don't know what to do. And is there a way to price comparison between Parcel post and fist class and Priority to see which will end up cheapest? It also depends on weight, size, and where it's going, right?

You can get an estimate on pricing from the USPS site. The Multi Order Shipment tool within PayPal is nice because you can purchase postage and print shipping labels, but it's not the most intuitive thing to use (IMO). If you're just looking for an estimate, the USPS site is much better.One thing you can do easily in the PayPal shipper is to set up criteria for your commonly-shipped items. For example, I have found that a lot of the things I ship from my Etsy shop are 3 ounces, but classified as a package, because of the dimensions. So I have an item called "3 oz. Etsy" that populates those fields for me and all I have to do is put in the address. You can do the same with host packs, etc.

Related to Switching to USPS for Shipping: FAQs and How-To Guide

1. How long does shipping take?

The shipping time can vary depending on your location and the shipping method selected. Generally, orders are delivered within 5-7 business days.

2. Can I track my package?

Yes, you can track your package by logging into your account on our website. Once your order has been shipped, you will receive a tracking number via email.

3. What is the cost of shipping?

The shipping cost is based on the total weight of your order and the shipping address. You can view the estimated shipping cost during the checkout process.

4. Do you offer international shipping?

Currently, we only offer shipping within the United States. We do not offer international shipping at this time.

5. Can I change my shipping address after I have placed my order?

If your order has not been shipped yet, you can contact our customer service team to update your shipping address. However, if your order has already been shipped, we are unable to make any changes to the shipping address.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pattikake
  • frozenchef