• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forMilitary (& Familes): New Shipping Options From Usps

In summary, the cost of shipping for military families is determined by the weight and destination of the package, with discounted rates offered by Pampered Chef through USPS. Special documentation, such as a customs form, is required for shipping to APO/FPO/DPO addresses. Tracking is available for packages sent to military addresses through USPS, and shipping times can vary depending on location and method chosen. It is important to check with USPS for prohibited items before shipping to a military address.
nikked
Gold Member
From a friend on Facebook:

friend said:
The U.S. Postal Service is offering a package of free packing materials,
including 10 boxes, 10 customs forms with envelopes, 10 "Mili-Pac" shipping
envelopes, which are specially printed to reflect the complexities of
military mailing addresses, and a roll of Priority Mail tape.

...Postal Service spokeswoman Sue Brennan said by calling a toll-free number
(800) 610-8734, anyone can request free shipping materials.See More

Brennan said the Postal Service was getting deluged with requests from
military families -- about 1,000 calls a day since late September. In
response, it came up with a special kit of the most-popular items ordered to
send care packages to the... troops, she said.

To order the special kit, call (800) 610-8734 and request Care Kit 4.
Brennan said the Postal Service will ship it by Priority Mail, with delivery
generally within a couple of days.

Although the packing materials are free, shippers must still pay normal
postage costs.

The number of contract flights carrying mail to the region more than doubled
last November and is expected to remain at that level through this December.

Related Sites:
U.S. Postal Service
http://www.usps.gov/

USPS information on supporting troops
http://www.usps.com/supportingourtroops/welcome.htm

With holiday shipping for overseas folks coming up, I found this very timely!

Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely be taking advantage of this offer. It's great to see the USPS supporting our troops in such a practical way. I'll be sure to spread the word to my military friends and family.

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I am always looking for convenient and cost-effective ways to ship packages to our military members and their families. This new initiative from the U.S. Postal Service is a great resource for all of us. Not only does it provide free packing materials, but it also includes specially printed envelopes for military addresses and Priority Mail tape. Plus, the fact that they are able to ship the kit by Priority Mail within a couple of days is a huge time saver. Thank you for sharing this information, it will definitely come in handy for me and my customers! And thank you to the U.S. Postal Service for making it easier for us to show our love and support for our military members and their families during the holidays and beyond.

1. How much does shipping cost for military families?

The cost of shipping for military families depends on the weight and destination of the package. However, Pampered Chef offers discounted shipping rates for military addresses through USPS.

2. Do I need to provide any special documentation for military shipping?

Yes, you will need to provide a customs form for any packages being shipped to an APO/FPO/DPO address. This can be obtained at your local post office or online through USPS.

3. Can I track my package being shipped to a military address?

Yes, USPS provides tracking for packages being shipped to APO/FPO/DPO addresses. You will receive a tracking number once your package has been shipped.

4. How long does shipping take for military addresses?

Shipping times to military addresses can vary depending on the location and the shipping method chosen. However, Pampered Chef offers expedited shipping options through USPS for faster delivery.

5. Are there any restrictions on what can be shipped to military addresses?

Yes, there are certain restrictions on what can be shipped to APO/FPO/DPO addresses. It is important to check with USPS for a list of prohibited items before sending a package to a military address.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jwpamp
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pattikake
  • Kathytnt