• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Supporting Your Friends in Direct Sales: The Importance of Kindness and Respect

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant's friend who commented on her Facebook post about her success with her business. The friend suggested that she should have signed up for Arbonne instead of Pampered Chef. The consultant and others in the conversation express their opinions on Arbonne and the importance of being passionate about the products you sell. They also discuss the rude and unethical behavior of the friend's comment. The consultant decides to ignore the comment and continue focusing on her successful Pampered Chef business.
bridedream
My new consultant is coming up on her 30 days, has been working to start her business and is doing GREAT! She posted on FB that her 30 days is almost up and she is close to her personal goal and listed her pc website. A "friend" comments "You should have signed up for Arbonne.". Stating it pays more and is easier to work.

Seriously, I would NEVER make a comment like that. Why wouldn't you support your friend? I've got lots of DS friends - and yes, I try to get them on my team, but that just seemed so snarky and rude!

except what on earth is Arbonne?? How many people have heard of them, or know what they are. MOST people know what Pampered Chef is (or can at least figure out with a logical guess!)Ok- I had to finally google Arbonne. A friend of mine used to sell it (before I knew her). My reply would be, "Everyone eats. Not everyone uses fancy beauty products (or any!)...." (I'm a "just the basics" kind of gal myself. Mary Kay is a stretch now and then, but wow- some of A's products are EXPENSIVE!!! 3oz product for $40?!?)

love Arbonnes ginger citrus products

Arbonne has some of the sneakiest, most unethical ways of recruiting I've ever encountered. Any plan that tries to deceive people into signing up for stuff is NOT GOOD in my book.
Doesn't surprise me that she posted that. Oh, and I know a lady who sells Arbonne, and was making a ton of $$, but with the economy the way it is, has lost most of her team, and is looking for a PT job. Just sayin'....

My understanding is they also pay a FEE every year to maintain their consultant status. You have to compare apples to apples.

My feelings are this.. there are a TON of other DS companies... some good and some bad. However, I have to sell what I am IN TO. I am not IN TO make-up, candles, purses or home decor. I could sell them, I could sell ice to an eskimo, but I ChOOSE Pampered Chef because I am IN TO their products.

So, that is my response when someone suggests I sell something else, I just say that I'm sure that company works for some people, but for me, I'm a Pampered Chef girl!

chefcharity said:
My feelings are this.. there are a TON of other DS companies... some good and some bad. However, I have to sell what I am IN TO. I am not IN TO make-up, candles, purses or home decor. I could sell them, I could sell ice to an eskimo, but I ChOOSE Pampered Chef because I am IN TO their products.

So, that is my response when someone suggests I sell something else, I just say that I'm sure that company works for some people, but for me, I'm a Pampered Chef girl!

Yes. I tell people that they have to go with their passion and that mine is PC. I personally wouldn't sell any of the other lines out there even though I do buy from them. In fact I have a new friend who sells another product. She told me she had considered PC but went with this company and now is having second thoughts. I told her that she has to go with her passion and do everything she can to make it succeed. She said she isn't sure that company is a passion after all. I told her to give it more time and I gave her some coaching on how to get shows, sales, etc. In the end if it doesn't work for her she'll talk with me about PC (she has said this) and know that I didn't try to steal her from the other company.

I tell people the same thing--go with your passion. If you don't love the products people will be able to tell.

I can honestly say that I probably would not say anything to it. If I were your consultant I would probably just delete the comment.

That is so rude though. Some people have no ethics.

chefheidi2003 said:
I can honestly say that I probably would not say anything to it. If I were your consultant I would probably just delete the comment.

That is so rude though. Some people have no ethics.

I agree. I wouldn't comment on her post on FB either. My comments were what I'd do if I was having a conversation with someone or met someone that sold a different line or was trying to tell me to sell their stuff instead of PC.

Yes, I agree. I'm just ignoring the comment. Thank goodness I have fellow cheffers to vent to!

BethCooks4U said:
I agree. I wouldn't comment on her post on FB either. My comments were what I'd do if I was having a conversation with someone or met someone that sold a different line or was trying to tell me to sell their stuff instead of PC.

When I read this I went back up to see which comment was yours..I had to laugh..this thread had been up on my computer while I was on other sites on other tabs. I had not even read your comment. Mine was not actually directed at anyone elses advise, just what I would do.

chefheidi2003 said:
When I read this I went back up to see which comment was yours..I had to laugh..this thread had been up on my computer while I was on other sites on other tabs. I had not even read your comment. Mine was not actually directed at anyone elses advise, just what I would do.

I didn't take it as you being critical of what I said, I was just agreeing and clarifying what I had said. :)

I'm happy for your new consultant. Great accomplishment. Some "friend". I too, can sell, but I love to cook. I love PC.

people are weird. If a friend tells me she just signed up for ANY new business, I'd help her celebrate. Of course I'd rather she came with me, but as others have said, each person should go with their passion. Even if I thought it was a terrible business she joined, I would support HER, celebrate HER, and if she stops doing it, I can be there if she isn't completely burned out on DS by the whole experience. You have to wonder when people can't just support their friends. When I decided to sign up with PC, my friend who sells Mary Kay was my biggest encouragement and support. She did ask me a lot of questions about the business to help me make my decision....and who knows, she may even come over to PC....but if so, it won't be because I trash MK!

Hopefully she won't let that comment phase her. Congrats to her on such a great start!!!Marghi, I have an ex-MK consultant on my team and she LOVES that she does't have to carry an inventory! ;)

Yeah, I have several ex-MK's on my team. lol

Anyway... I have found that sometimes more than not friends go with a different company than ours because they don't want to take business away from us. They are trying to emulate you not hurt your feelings.

So, remember that and tell friends how great it would be to work your PC businesses together - go on the trips together, etc. and that there's room for both of you. But if they do go with a different company support and encourage them.

I would leave her a encourageing comment, "Like I am so proud of you for working so hard toward your Goal!!!"

You know what *I* personally hate?? When you go to booths and the other consultants have to come over and compare their apples to YOUR apples. Commission....benefits. I personally could give a rat's behind what the benefits are. I like what i sell and what I do. If I wanted to sell Premiere Jewelery I would. Or when they pressure you to have a party. I currently have one that's got me on her radar in her cell phone that plans to call me around Christmas to book a party. Ugh. I just don't do that in my business!

What is "Some People Are so Rude!"?

"Some People Are so Rude!" is a cookbook that focuses on recipes for various dishes, as well as tips and tricks for dealing with difficult people in social situations.

Who is the author of "Some People Are so Rude!"?

The author of "Some People Are so Rude!" is Sara Jane Freeman, a chef and etiquette expert who has been with Pampered Chef for over 10 years.

Are the recipes in "Some People Are so Rude!" difficult to make?

No, the recipes in "Some People Are so Rude!" are designed to be easy and accessible for all levels of cooking experience.

What types of social situations are addressed in "Some People Are so Rude!"?

"Some People Are so Rude!" covers a wide range of social situations, from dinner parties to office gatherings, and provides helpful tips for handling rude behavior in each scenario.

Can I purchase "Some People Are so Rude!" directly from Pampered Chef?

Yes, "Some People Are so Rude!" is available for purchase through Pampered Chef's website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • makeawhisk