• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Suggestion for Established Directors

In summary, the downline Director recognized two of her recruitment consultants for their work, but neglected to recognize one of the recruits' sister director. The sister director expressed her disappointment in the neglect on the part of the downline Director and asked if the downline Director was aware that she was doing this. The downline Director said that she is not sure if the downline Director is aware of this, but if she is, she would like the downline Director to stop.
amy07
I know that we often worry about qualifying and training our new consultants, but for what it is worth, don't ever forget to recognize accomplishments of your "experienced" downline directors/team members.
Imagine my surprise when my director recognized 2 hospitality consultants for their recruiting efforts and "forgot" mine.

Did the override structure change, cause last I read she makes money off my team, but not hospitality?:mad: ***sorry for the vent**

Yikes!!! I don't have anyone I can call experienced at this point, but I will keep that in mind.

Sorry that happened to you. You're a recruiting Superstar here! :)

Addie4TLC said:
Yikes!!! I don't have anyone I can call experienced at this point, but I will keep that in mind.

I agree! Is it possible that the hosptality consultants Director asked your Director to make a big deal of it, since she couldn't be there to do it? I really want to think that is the reason :confused:

I hear ya Amy. My director totally made a huge deal out of my sister director earning London last year--gave her a gift and everything--and did NOTHING and said NOTHING about my earning the cruise.You know we think you're awesome and that's all that matters anyway. :)

Thanks for your kind words. In hindsight I guess that was pretty whiny. sooo not my intent. But I think it serves as a reminder that even when a person promotes or maintains a consistent business it doesn't remove the need for recognition. ;)

I totally agree, especially if the downline Director is AT the meeting! It's not always that we can make our upline Directors meetings. You aren't whinning...just making a valid point!

Addie4TLC said:

hahahah! I'm sooo not a superstar. I'm just consistent.

In all honesty, if it were not for CS, I would've NEVER understood the importance of recruiting early on in my PC career.

chefruthie said:
I agree! Is it possible that the hosptality consultants Director asked your Director to make a big deal of it, since she couldn't be there to do it? I really want to think that is the reason :confused:

uhhhhmm, if it were not a regular occurence I would agree with you on that one!

I promised DH that I wouldn't complain to him anymore so that's why I have to share it here. He doesn't think I should go to anymore of her meetings.

Maybe you should ask her in a non-confrontational way if she is aware that she is doing this. She really may be oblivious to it and if you bring it to her attention she'll realize it and change things. What about if you miss a meeting. Would she wonder why?

Since I've started doing my own meetings I've forgotten about recognition for myself from my Director except for the occasional e-mail to the group when I earn something. I love her though and if we lived closer I would love to continue doing our meetings together.

You are going to do so much better with your team and that will make all the difference. You're learning what not to do. I know I've learned a lot here since I only went to a few meetings before becoming a Director and starting my own. This was a good one to keep in mind.

amy07 said:
hahahah! I'm sooo not a superstar. I'm just consistent.

That's why we think you're a superstar. :)

recognition is so important no matter what level you are at~especially when you are consistent...Geez, isn't that what the company preaches with 3-2-1?!

I'm sorry you are being overlooked Amy~that's just wrong! Maybe you could talk to your Directors upline and let her know there is a problem??

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Amy, I can totally relate. My former director was the same way. Certain people got all the recognition and then when I did the same or better - nothing. It all depended on who you were not what you did. She didn't think I'd really promote even though I set that as a goal from the start and she even told me that she wished I had waited a month when I did.

Some people are like that! Your director seems among that group or she was asked by their director to make a big deal and while doing she missed you. It could be an honest mistake - or is this a pattern?

I have to say that even though there's still too much whining, etc on CS I think it's getting better over there again. Directors and others are stepping in and saying things when people are off track. I haven't seen the back biting come from those corrections as in the past. If that keeps up I will be sending my team there (with qualifers that they go for info and don't live there). They need something more than me to get that recruiting spark. Thanks for commenting that CS helped you.

DebbieJ said:
I hear ya Amy. My director totally made a huge deal out of my sister director earning London last year--gave her a gift and everything--and did NOTHING and said NOTHING about my earning the cruise.

You know we think you're awesome and that's all that matters anyway. :)

even for Level one which is all my team has earned-One so far this year-I will do a SHOPPING ready gift bag--chocolates etc--to sit and shop

bethcooks4u said:
{{{{HUGS}}}}

Amy, I can totally relate. My former director was the same way. Certain people got all the recognition and then when I did the same or better - nothing. It all depended on who you were not what you did. She didn't think I'd really promote even though I set that as a goal from the start and she even told me that she wished I had waited a month when I did.

Some people are like that! Your director seems among that group or she was asked by their director to make a big deal and while doing she missed you. It could be an honest mistake - or is this a pattern?

I have to say that even though there's still too much whining, etc on CS I think it's getting better over there again. Directors and others are stepping in and saying things when people are off track. I haven't seen the back biting come from those corrections as in the past. If that keeps up I will be sending my team there (with qualifers that they go for info and don't live there). They need something more than me to get that recruiting spark. Thanks for commenting that CS helped you.

That's the point. And it's not just me, but my entire team that is overlooked monthly!

morfia said:
even for Level one which is all my team has earned-One so far this year-I will do a SHOPPING ready gift bag--chocolates etc--to sit and shop

What a great idea!!

I'm sorry Amy!! You still ROCK to us!!

thanks Amy--

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
I am the distant director and have never been to my cluster meeting. This has not happened to me however, occasionally there will be a "congratulations to those who have -------- for this month so far" and my name is no where to be found.

I guess because I have only been recognized in newsletters and at Exec. Banquet, that it is something I am not used to anyway. My ED who is also my director is fantastic about sending little things and feels like she doesn't do enough for me, yet, I feel I get all I want and need from her.

However, I can not even believe that I would not recognize someone's accomplishment on my team and then give recognition to hospitality. I love hospitality but their recognition comes second...and that is if I hear from their director!!

1. How can I increase my sales as an Established Director?

As an Established Director, it's important to constantly be building and maintaining relationships with your customers. Consider hosting cooking classes or parties to showcase new products and recipes. Additionally, make sure to regularly follow up with your customers and offer personalized recommendations based on their needs.

2. What are some effective ways to grow my team as an Established Director?

Networking and word of mouth can be powerful tools for growing your team. Make sure to attend company events and connect with other Directors and Consultants. You can also offer incentives for your current team members to recruit new Consultants. Lastly, don't be afraid to reach out to potential recruits directly and share the benefits of becoming a Consultant.

3. How can I effectively manage my team as an Established Director?

Communication is key when it comes to managing a team. Make sure to set clear expectations and goals, and regularly check in with your team members to provide support and guidance. Additionally, offering ongoing training and recognition can help motivate and empower your team.

4. What are some ways to stay motivated and avoid burnout as an Established Director?

It's important to find a balance between work and personal life to avoid burnout. Make sure to schedule breaks and self-care activities into your routine. Additionally, setting achievable goals and celebrating small successes can help keep you motivated. Don't be afraid to ask for help or delegate tasks to your team members when needed.

5. How can I continue to grow and develop as an Established Director?

There are many opportunities for growth and development within Pampered Chef. Consider attending company events and trainings, participating in online forums and discussions, and seeking mentorship from other successful Directors. Continuously learning and adapting can help you stay ahead of the game and achieve even greater success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Kearns
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • almondfarm