• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling to Clean Your Food Chopper? Try These Tips!

In summary, to clean the blades of the food chopper, remove them and wash them in warm soapy water before reassembling. The food chopper is dishwasher safe but hand washing is recommended. If food is stuck in the blades, try running under warm water or soaking in warm soapy water. It is best to clean the food chopper after each use and avoid using bleach or harsh chemicals for cleaning. Stick to using mild dish soap and warm water for best results.
WLMcCoy
Anyone have any tips on cleaning the food chopper? I can never seem to get mine quite clean enough..

I use the baby bottle brush to get down in the corners (and protect my hands from cuts).

Sheila said:
I use the baby bottle brush to get down in the corners (and protect my hands from cuts).

what a great idea! :)

from our little icon pictures, we all have baby bottle brushes laying around :)

Or you can probably use the brush that comes with the decorator bottle set.

I just throw mine in the dishwasher... comes out like new.

Laura420 said:
I just throw mine in the dishwasher... comes out like new.

I was just going to say that..lol.:D

I have trouble with chopping chicken and it not coming clean all the way into the crevases off the blade. I'll go get a baby bottle brush and use it next time!

You probably know this, but you can sort of open it further...
Take it apart, hold the dimples and open the wings.
The next bit is a bit tricky to describe! Put 2 fingers either side of the plastic bit the wings are attached to (just above the top of the blades), put your thumb on the bangy bit (!) and squeeze. the blade will move about 2 inches, giving you a bit more room to clean.

I'm doing this whilst typing, and I'm so glad. I last used this chopper (I have 2) for chocolate. Although it's been in the dishwasher, there is chocolate all over the metal pole. I'll go clean it now!

The wings actually pop right off, for even more access to the insides. :)That's also a good thing to know, for when a customer pops one off accidentally and calls you in a panic.

Good tips.

1. How do I clean the blades of the food chopper?

To clean the blades of the food chopper, first remove them from the chopper by unscrewing them. Then, wash them in warm soapy water and dry them thoroughly before reassembling them onto the chopper.

2. Can the food chopper be washed in the dishwasher?

Yes, the food chopper is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing for a longer lifespan of the product.

3. What is the best way to remove food stuck in the blades?

If food is stuck in the blades, first try running the chopper under warm water and using a brush or toothpick to gently remove the stuck food. If that does not work, you can soak the blades in warm soapy water for a few minutes before attempting to remove the food again.

4. How often should I clean the food chopper?

It is recommended to clean the food chopper after each use. This will prevent any food particles from drying and becoming more difficult to clean later on.

5. Is it safe to use bleach or other harsh chemicals to clean the food chopper?

No, it is not recommended to use bleach or other harsh chemicals to clean the food chopper as they can damage the blades and affect the performance of the chopper. Stick to using mild dish soap and warm water for cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • ms_twana
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • thehaleykitchen