• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Streamline Your Direct Sales Packing with These Tips

In summary, this has been the biggest challenge for me. My team members will tell you, I practically MOVE IN when I show up at a host's home. Usually, I bring: -My briefcase with laptop & binder-Rolling tote FILLED with: -Show to Go Tote filled with DCB, C&STray, loaded TTA & MF Towels-A 10gal rubbermaid tote/bucket (I put the above tote bag into the bucket to carry in)-Dots rolling backpack-shaped tote filled with catalogs, order forms, name tags & pensWow - written out it
Ok, well I fit MOST of the stuff in the dots basket and I broke down and am using the Show to Go Tote for lapboards/catalogs, the Outside Party Plates I said I'd bring (I don't usually offer those up, but oh well), a few cookbooks and MAYBE my laptop and host packets instead of bringing my briefcase. I'm quite pleased!!! Can't wait to see how this works out!!

Sheila said:
Debbie, if you are willing to send me copies, I'll upload them so everyone can have them.

Not sure how, unless they were on CC at some point but I have some of them that were on the cd (Bookings Galore, Coaching Downline Leaders, Get It Together: Time Mgmt & Organization) but not the rest....Would LOVE LOVE LOVE if anyone else has it that maybe we can get it to Sheila to upload and we can all benefit. I'm willing to send anyone blank CDs if they have any audio's I don't have (including this one).

The CD is named Live Your Dreams, The Pampered Chef, National Conference 2007 and has 12 tracks on it. (I have the case from my AD's collection but the cd was never in the case...)

pamperedbecky said:
I usually do lapboards and I know I can decrease some of the junk if I just do catalogs and order forms. But I like when I have lots of people and they can't be seated at a table, so it's nice when they have something hard to write on.

I never did lapboards, so this might not be a good fit for you. I couldn't afford them when I started. I do the 3 tab file folders you can get in a box at Staples. I write things on the front about hosting and selling pampered chef if fun colored marker and I put 1 catalog and order form in each one. If there is a big special I put that in too. I re-use them. Some people take them home but most just hand them back. They are MUCH lighter than lapboards and give them something to write on if needed. Hope that helps.

Thanks! That's something to think about. I cut the spine out of 3 ring binders to make my lapboards. I caught them on a huge sale and got a good deal, so these were nice and cheap! It's the kind with a sleeve in the front/back where I can insert flyers and stuff. And it has the pocket for everything else. I've been using them for years. Folders would work too, although I may not have the time to keep those stocked. The lap boards are nice because if food or drink gets spilled on them, they're easy to wipe off. I may just switch to no lap board or folder and just do the catalogs with order forms in them and see how those go.

Just reading through thread and what I do: I have one rolling tote, normally take 2 DCB (one for recipe, one for chocolate lava cake - make cake ready to pop into micro before show starts).I have been good at everything in my rolling tote. I take the picnic basket to show (recruit part) along with the Mother's day tote to show what the luggage will look like. In the picnic tote, I also have all the gifts for the party. Then I have my dots tote that has my calendar, host packets, calculator, pens, biz stuff. That I put where I am doing my full service check out. tote on shoulder, picnic basket on arm, rolling tote. I am in the home in one trip, out of home in one trip. In august, I am only taking one DCB and the grill pan/press. DANG IT the GPP is the same weight as the one DCB I am dropping. My dessert in August will all be grilled pound cake with ice cream and berries. DCB for the main dish. I can't just do one recipe though. ALWAYS have to have dessert :) SO, They can grill the pound cake, cut it in cubes, serve ice cream, and pour berries or sauce over their dessert while I do my recruiting part of party.

So for the grilled pound cake you just get a ready made one and slice it (thickish?) and then butter? In the pan and grill with the press? A minute or two? Then whatever berries are on sale and whatever sauce you bring? Do I have that right? This sounds perfect for a show I'm doing.

bethcooks4u said:
So for the grilled pound cake you just get a ready made one and slice it (thickish?) and then butter? In the pan and grill with the press? A minute or two? Then whatever berries are on sale and whatever sauce you bring? Do I have that right? This sounds perfect for a show I'm doing.
I am not a fan of Sara Lee but that was all I could find....will be tricky to find a pound cake not using HCFS unless it is homemade...
Heat grill/pan press 5 min on med
baste each side with melted butter
Grill with press about 3 minutesChanges I will make from last night since I am 'practicing'. Make the slices thinner. Melt butter and add a tad of the orange canola oil for flavor. Serve with ICE CREAM instead of whipped cream since the cake is nice and hot..ooo...and serve with berries (I prefer frozen berries heated up than fresh berries as fresh berries freeze on ice cream..personal preference again!)So I shall practice again today!

ChefCKHall said:
So I shall practice again today!

Oh, and all that taste testing after practicing is such a pain, huh? ;) LOL!

In the meeting planner for July (I think) there was a Grill Pan recipe from Michael Reeves. We did it at our July meeting after conference. He grilled Sara Lee pond cake basted with melted butter, oh, but first grilled pineapple slices and basted them with the Spicy Pineapple Rm sauce. Toasted coconut on the small bar pan. Assembly was the warm pound cake, grilled pineapple, toasted coconut then a drizzle of the Coconut Lime dessert sauce. OMG! Oral orgasm! That stuff was SO freaking good! That will be the dessert option for my August shows. Savory choice is chicken fajitas. I'm only doing one or the other.I don't think we pressed the pound cake. It didn't squish your cake?

I thought I'd post how things went with packing less on my show this past Friday night. It felt awesome!!! The only thing I forgot since I didn't bring my regular briefcase was the door prize drawing slips. I just used the order forms instead.I majorly cut down what I brought and it was so nice not to lug the rolling case and show to go tote and TTA in the TTA tote AND my briefcase. However, I STILL found I took too much! I used the big show to go tote and the market basket. And that's it! I put my lapboards/catalogs/host packets and my laptop in one of the pockets. That's huge for me because I would usually cram that rolling case FULL. I for some reason felt the need to bring a bunch of grill tools. Didn't need 'em. Nobody even bought any. We did pizzas on the grill and if it wouldn't have been that kind of show where they each made their own (took a while for them to assemble, grill them up, then eat) I would have been out of there WAY earlier. I still got out of there at my "normal" time. But, it was a ok-sized group- I think about 10, so it took a while to take orders. Especially because they had to finish eating first. The up side was I just washed my dishes there which I don't usually do since I was waiting for them to eat and figure out their orders. So, I figure if it was a regular recipe that would have been done quicker, I would have been out of there way sooner. I'm excited to do this again on Thursday when I do that EASY tomato basil spaghetti in the DCB and maybe grilled poundcake with pineapple.Next time I WILL NOT bring extra stuff like grill tools or summer "stuff." I'm still weaning myself away from this. I still like to bring SOME cookbooks like 29 Min to Dinner or the Weekday Dinners Done cards because I figure EVERYONE can use those. And especially with the cookware on special for hosts, I want to hype up the one-skillet meals. So, when I do those above recipes, I'm really sticking with what I really need. It was SO much easier to pack up. Next time I need to remember a kitchen garbage bag to just line my market basket with and put dirty dishes in there. Or just throw them in the garbage bag and carry that out to the car.We'll see how it goes Thursday!!Oh and sales were ok. Nothing great because people had small orders. I don't think that had anything to do with my new system of bringing less, though. She did end up getting over $500 with some outside orders, so I was happy for her to at least get the extra free. One potential booking.

<h2>1. How can I streamline my direct sales packing?</h2><p>One tip for streamlining your direct sales packing is to plan ahead and only bring the essentials. Consider what products you will be demonstrating and only bring the necessary tools and supplies for those products. It can also be helpful to create a packing checklist to ensure you don't forget anything important.</p><h2>2. How can I pack less but still sell more at my shows?</h2><p>Packing less can actually help you sell more at your shows. When you bring too much, it can be overwhelming for both you and your customers. Stick to a few key products and focus on showcasing them effectively. This will also make it easier for your customers to make purchasing decisions.</p><h2>3. What are some common items that direct sales consultants bring to shows?</h2><p>Common items that direct sales consultants bring to shows include catalogs, order forms, product samples, demonstration tools, business cards, and marketing materials. It's important to only bring what is necessary for your specific products and sales strategy.</p><h2>4. How can I pack everything I need for a show without bringing too much?</h2><p>One way to pack everything you need for a show without bringing too much is to invest in versatile and compact storage solutions. For example, a rolling tote with multiple compartments can hold all your demonstration tools and marketing materials, while a smaller briefcase can hold your laptop and business essentials.</p><h2>5. How can I overcome my fear of packing less for shows?</h2><p>It can be nerve-wracking to pack less for shows, especially if you're used to bringing a lot of items. However, remember that packing less can actually make your show more organized and efficient. Trust in your planning and preparation, and remind yourself that you can always bring extra items if needed.</p>

1. How can I streamline my direct sales packing?

One tip for streamlining your direct sales packing is to plan ahead and only bring the essentials. Consider what products you will be demonstrating and only bring the necessary tools and supplies for those products. It can also be helpful to create a packing checklist to ensure you don't forget anything important.

2. How can I pack less but still sell more at my shows?

Packing less can actually help you sell more at your shows. When you bring too much, it can be overwhelming for both you and your customers. Stick to a few key products and focus on showcasing them effectively. This will also make it easier for your customers to make purchasing decisions.

3. What are some common items that direct sales consultants bring to shows?

Common items that direct sales consultants bring to shows include catalogs, order forms, product samples, demonstration tools, business cards, and marketing materials. It's important to only bring what is necessary for your specific products and sales strategy.

4. How can I pack everything I need for a show without bringing too much?

One way to pack everything you need for a show without bringing too much is to invest in versatile and compact storage solutions. For example, a rolling tote with multiple compartments can hold all your demonstration tools and marketing materials, while a smaller briefcase can hold your laptop and business essentials.

5. How can I overcome my fear of packing less for shows?

It can be nerve-wracking to pack less for shows, especially if you're used to bringing a lot of items. However, remember that packing less can actually make your show more organized and efficient. Trust in your planning and preparation, and remind yourself that you can always bring extra items if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
SLDOWDY1978
  • ChefSandyK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DZmom
Back