• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Streamline Your Direct Sales Packing with These Tips

In summary, this has been the biggest challenge for me. My team members will tell you, I practically MOVE IN when I show up at a host's home. Usually, I bring: -My briefcase with laptop & binder-Rolling tote FILLED with: -Show to Go Tote filled with DCB, C&STray, loaded TTA & MF Towels-A 10gal rubbermaid tote/bucket (I put the above tote bag into the bucket to carry in)-Dots rolling backpack-shaped tote filled with catalogs, order forms, name tags & pensWow - written out it
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Pack Less - Sell More...this has been THE biggest challenge for me. My team members will tell you, I practically MOVE IN when I show up at a host's home. Usually, I bring:
  • -My briefcase with laptop & binder
  • -Rolling tote FILLED
  • -Show to Go Tote filled with DCB, C&STray, loaded TTA & MF Towels
  • -A 10gal rubbermaid tote/bucket (I put the above tote bag into the bucket to carry in)
  • -Dots rolling backpack-shaped tote filled with catalogs, order forms, name tags & pens
Wow - written out it seems like EVEN MORE...but seriously...it's A LOT.
So...tonight I am biting the bullet & packing WAY less. Tonight I've got:
  • -All my tools in the Dots Picnic Basket - and THAT inside the rubbermaid
  • -Show to Go tote filled with C&S Tray, Bamboo Platter, TTA & Catalogs/orderforms/nametags
  • -My briefcase with laptop & binder
THAT'S IT!!
I am a nervous WRECK...but hell - I'm goin' for it!!
How much do ya'll shlep with you to your shows?

I'm so proud of you!

I take only what I need for the demo.

Products go in the Consultant Tote,
DCB in a padded carrier by itself
TTA, stuffed full (I can't break that yet) and it's in the TTA tote
Cranberry Striped Tote is my paperwork bag

that's it. My rule of thimb is that if I can't do it in two, comfortable trips from my car then it doesn't go.

YOU GO GIRL!!!! You can do it!!!!Here is what I am taking tonight in the Carry-All Tote: I have the DCB in one pocket, flexible mats, 2qt collap bowl, 4-5 cookbooks, 2 oven pads in the big side pocket. In the middle pocket I have the mfp, fc, salad chopper, garlic slicer, garlic peeler, microplane, 2 cup easy read and veggie wedger. In the other pocket I have my pencil case, calculator, catalogs, order forms, host packs, etc.I take my TTA filled in the TTA tote. I take a PC reusable shopping bag with the groceries, large bamboo square bowl, medium SA bowl and a plastic shopping bag. I put my dirty dishes in the plastic bag to bring home and put that bag back into the reusable bag. 3 bags in.. 3 bags out.Normally I can take all of this into the house in 1 trip. Not tonight as I have 26 catalogs in my bag and that makes it pretty heavy. So I'll make two trips. Normally I don't take the bamboo bowl/sa bowl unless I'm serving out of it, which I am tonight. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you!!!!

I bit the bullet and decided to jump in wholeheartedly with the Carry Less Sell More theme. I've done this for my last 6 shows. My last 3 shows now have been the Cool & Crunchy Chicken Taco Salad. I have fit all of the tools needed for the demo in the Picnic Basket,
except for the grill pan and press, which I've slipped into my paperwork bag (I use the cranberry and striped bag with pockets from a couple years ago) and my large bamboo tray, which I carry in. It's been AMAZING! The best part is, without all of the clutter that I was bringing with me before, my demo is quicker and sharper, and I can concentrate better on selling and cross-selling with the tools I have on hand, and I am out of there so much quicker - but without feeling like I am neglecting the host or guests. Last night, I was the last one to leave - with dishes all washed and repacked for my show tomorrow night, and having spent some time with the host one-on-one after the show, with $600 in sales (and outside orders still to come - one lady had an order for over $100 but wanted to show the catalog to her daughter who's getting married!) and 2 bookings for Aug. & Sept. When I got in the car and looked at the clock - it was 9:15pm! A good half hour to 45 min. earlier than I would normally be leaving!I would have never believed it. It was quick, it was simple, everyone had fun and got to try the mix n chop and the MFP (and besides selling the MFP, I sold 2 salad spinners by cross-selling the MFP!). Oh - and it's only ONE TRIP to and from the car! My biggest concern had been that people would be disappointed that I didn't have more products with me, but so far, no one has even mentioned it.

Chefbeckyd said:
My biggest concern had been that people would be disappointed that I didn't have more products with me, but so far, no one has even mentioned it.

AGREED!!!!

My bag is already in the car so I could take out the Veggie Wedger, salad chopper, garlic peeler & press since I'm not using them tonight...

BeckyD, quick question, what time did your show start?
Thanks!

Since I started PC I have had 2 babies and sprained my ankle 2 times and continued to do shows so I was on the carry less sell more bandwagon before it started!
My goal is to get into the house in 1 trip, but like Colleen said if my catalog tote is really heavy it takes 2.
I still use my red crate, I take my DCB, 5" and 7" santoku knives, my 8" non stick and stainless saute pan, the MFP, collapsible bowls, Cool and serve, at least 2 of the veggie wedgers and 1 stainless bowl filled with the tools I need for the demo. The only tools I bring that I don't use are the mix and chop and the corn kernal cutter.
I do my demo by month so I can wash and re pack my kit at the show(this transformed my business this year) and for july we are doing icecream sundaes with a cake in the DCB, fruit topping in the MFP and additional fruit in the C and S.
The only other thing I carry is an old tote with a long handle that I put my catalogs, host packets and a couple of cookbooks in.
My next plunge is to take my netbook and type the shows at the show, but I am not quite there yet!

cincychef said:
My next plunge is to take my netbook and type the shows at the show, but I am not quite there yet!

I took my laptop to shows about 5 years ago... then I stopped. One more thing to carry, had a hard time with kids trying to use it (and incidentally had a host yell at me when her teenage daughter and her friend took my laptop into another room when I had my back turned... I asked for it back and the host yelled at me for being rude to her daughter! :eek:), and it was just one more thing to worry about. (I might rethink it if they do something for the ipad down the road).

This question wasn't for me but I put 6:45pm as the start time (pain with FB though, they only have top of the hour and half-past options). I start the demo at 7pm and am done no later than 7:45pm. I take orders and am out the door by 8:30. If it's a big show with lots of orders, maybe 8:45. I'm normally home by 9:30pm.

finley1991 said:
incidentally had a host yell at me when her teenage daughter and her friend took my laptop into another room when I had my back turned... I asked for it back and the host yelled at me for being rude to her daughter!

Un &*(!@# believable!!!

finley1991 said:
I took my laptop to shows about 5 years ago... then I stopped. One more thing to carry, had a hard time with kids trying to use it (and incidentally had a host yell at me when her teenage daughter and her friend took my laptop into another room when I had my back turned... I asked for it back and the host yelled at me for being rude to her daughter! :eek:), and it was just one more thing to worry about. (I might rethink it if they do something for the ipad down the road).

This question wasn't for me but I put 6:45pm as the start time (pain with FB though, they only have top of the hour and half-past options). I start the demo at 7pm and am done no later than 7:45pm. I take orders and am out the door by 8:30. If it's a big show with lots of orders, maybe 8:45. I'm normally home by 9:30pm.

You don't wash your dishes at the show then?

Chefbeckyd said:
You don't wash your dishes at the show then?

GOD NO! I just want to get home! LOL! :angel:

I come home and put what needs to be cleaned in my dishwasher...

cincychef said:
BeckyD, quick question, what time did your show start?
Thanks!

I got there at 6:30 to get set up, and the show "Started" at 7. However, no one except the host's Mom showed up until 7:15, so that's when we really started. I was done with the show by 8pm, orders done by 8:30, chatted with my upcoming hosts for a few minutes about their shows, and then washed dishes with the host while we talked too. Packed up and in my car by 9:15. Oh - and took another $65 order from someone who couldn't make the show - I'd forgotten about that! So actually, her show is at $670 right now! :)

On a side note, this month I've really been motoring through my demo and getting out the house early. I've had two hosts book with me saying that they liked that the show didn't tie up the entire evening. At my last show, as I was setting up, I overheard the host telling a guest, "That's why I booked a show with her... you will be amazed at how quick she is and how much you'll learn..." And that was pretty much the same comment from the TW lady I posted about the other day who was talking behind her catalog... she was commenting on how short my demo is too...

finley1991 said:

That's what I used to do. But now it's easier to do it there, and then the only thing I have to bring in the house is my computer. When I get home, my son is asleep in bed, and it wakes him up if I'm messing around in the kitchen when I get home.

Chefbeckyd said:
That's what I used to do. But now it's easier to do it there, and then the only thing I have to bring in the house is my computer. When I get home, my son is asleep in bed, and it wakes him up if I'm messing around in the kitchen when I get home.

I get that... I don't leave product in my car though. So everything come in every time...

I think I need to revisit how long my demo is!! Do you talk about the major product lines? I always talk about the stoneware and then the DCB, the knives, the cookware, and then this summer I have been demoing the MFP, and the cool and serve and a selection of tools.Also Colleen and Becky are your shows fully interactive. I would love to hear from anyone else too!
Tonight the show was supposed to start at 7, we started closer to 7:15, I was done with my demo close to 8:30 I think ( I wasn't feeling the greatest so I didn't keep a close watch on the clock) and I was out the door close 9:40, but a lot of nights it is closer to 10.

finley1991 said:

Amen sister! :D After NJ Ryan told us we should be doing our dishes there in order to continue "talking" aka recruiting - I tried it 'again' and I just cannot get into it. I take, or ask the host for, plastic shopping bags from grocery stores/walmart etc and I toss dirty into those and into my bag and voila! Done and home to where i have a garbage disposal (no worries about clogging drains or fishing floaters (stuff) out of the water (which grosses me out) and then into the dishwasher. I can repack in the peace of my home and not feel rushed.

I am TRYING the picnic basket concept tomorrow night but already having anxiety.

I thought my paperwork bag weighed a TON but Colleen...the DCB AND Catalogs in a bag? God love your shoulder! :) I'd have to split that. I am SOOOOOOOOO attached to my TTA that is like asking me to not take an arm with me and I take the Cool N Serve and that doesn't fit into the basket so it looks like I won't be down to the basket and paperwork bag but we'll see what it brings!

My AD did it tonite for our Directors mtg and even showed us how she is making the fajitas into a Deep dish pizza with the 12" Skillet to pimp cookware and eliminate the need for the large bar pan. She's had TWO $1500 shows so far and just started this 'new idea'.

Congrats to all who are doing it and proving it works!

I just bring what I need for the recipe (3 cutting boards usually), plus a couple of extra knives, all the scrapers, and lately the wedgers, the 2qt collapsible Bowl and the C&S Tray. Usually I only bring the Carry All Tote, sometimes the Consultant Tote, but never more than one bag plus my paperwork bag. I start my shows at 7:30 and my goal is to be out the door by 9:30. I do my dishes at the show - while everyone is shopping and before I do my ticket game / draws. I find if I don't have something to do, I'm sort of "hovering" and it gets awkward.

I'm horrible about taking a lot of stuff, but I do the fully interactive shows AND depending on the size of the crowd, it's usually at least 2 (sometimes 3) recipes. So I have to have all the tools for those 2 (or 3) recipes. I'm like Melissa on the tool turn about, I feel I have to take it! I've cut back before & taken stuff out, but it never fails that we end up wanting something that I left at home. So I started bringing the whole thing with me again.I'm also the queen of packing! I get it all in the roll case, then have the regular consultant tote on top with the TTA (in the bag), all my (Merrill) clipboards (we do big shows in Japan, so I usually have 20 of those suckers), my on-time SBRC gifts, pens, etc. The exterior pockets of my roll case have my recruiting info, booking packets, booking/recruiting slide & upcoming specials folder.I have the guest do everything at my shows. I don't cook. That way if it's not "perfect" they can't blame me! LOL When they sit down to eat is when I do the B/R slide & specials. Then I start packing the dirty dishes back into the roll case to wash at home. I can zip out the liner & shake out any crumbs and use Clorox wipes to clean any food that might have been transferred to the liner. I really should consider a black trash bag in there that I could twist at the top. It would save me some work! LOLHubby used to do all my dishes, but when I was down for 6 weeks recovering from my c-section & only doing catalog shows, he got out of the habit.Now that everything is in Japan & I have a limited # of tools that I've purchased here in TX, I think I have no choice but to take less! :D

Sheila what is your show average?

2010 it was $880, I haven't done any cooking shows since the evacuation from Tokyo and haven't even looked at a 2011 average, but there's not much there to look at! LOL

cincychef said:
I think I need to revisit how long my demo is!! Do you talk about the major product lines? I always talk about the stoneware and then the DCB, the knives, the cookware, and then this summer I have been demoing the MFP, and the cool and serve and a selection of tools.

Also Colleen and Becky are your shows fully interactive. I would love to hear from anyone else too!
Tonight the show was supposed to start at 7, we started closer to 7:15, I was done with my demo close to 8:30 I think ( I wasn't feeling the greatest so I didn't keep a close watch on the clock) and I was out the door close 9:40, but a lot of nights it is closer to 10.

I do talk about all major product lines. Even if I'm not using them. I always talk about cookware, stoneware, knives, and SA & Bamboo.

I encourage and have guest interaction, but I don't do fully interactive shows. I've tried them a few times, and they just aren't for me. I don't like the chaos, and plus I REALLY like doing the show. That's my favorite part of my business, and when I give it up for an interactive show, I'm not having fun anymore. So if I'm not having fun, then I would imagine it's not so much fun for anyone else either. I like to pass around the tools, and often pass around a knife and cutting board for people to use. With the show I'm doing right now, I have people use the MFP, the Mix n Chop, and a knife. I pass those tools around so everyone gets to try it if they'd like to.

The other bonus of the taking less is less dishes to do!!!

Although I'd be REALLY happy if PC invented SOMETHING that would do our dishes for us! Oh wait, I guess it's called a catalog show!! LOL!

Sheila said:
2010 it was $880, I haven't done any cooking shows since the evacuation from Tokyo and haven't even looked at a 2011 average, but there's not much there to look at! LOL

Wow that's awesome. Mine's about $750 right now. Would love to get it to $800.

High Impact Host Coaching. It's a tape from National Conference in ... '07??? It knocked my average up by about $200. It used to be on the supply order, but isn't there anymore. My copy is in Japan. Ginger was nice enough to send me a copy of her CD. I just got it yesterday. I'm taking a lunch break right now from cleaning ~ the electrician put his foot through my ceiling & my whole dine-in kitchen & living room were COVERED in insulation & sheet rock! Then the laundry room has a lot of insulation from him crawling in & out of the attic. I got all the major stuff up, but am still doing the fine detail cleaning ... so when I get a chance, I'll post a copy of the CD. ;)

Yes it is from 07!! :D

Sheila said:
High Impact Host Coaching. It's a tape from National Conference in ... '07??? It knocked my average up by about $200. It used to be on the supply order, but isn't there anymore. My copy is in Japan. Ginger was nice enough to send me a copy of her CD. I just got it yesterday. I'm taking a lunch break right now from cleaning ~ the electrician put his foot through my ceiling & my whole dine-in kitchen & living room were COVERED in insulation & sheet rock! Then the laundry room has a lot of insulation from him crawling in & out of the attic. I got all the major stuff up, but am still doing the fine detail cleaning ... so when I get a chance, I'll post a copy of the CD. ;)

That would be awesome thanks! I do know my host coaching could really use some help! I know what to do but I just don't. :( I'd love to listen to that audio.

I failed miserably tonite with getting down to 2 bags. I whittled as much as I could (mental note, I MUST pack the night before a weeknight party or else I have zero time to 'think' and I just toss everything). I did use the picnic basket with tools in it. Then in a shopping bag i put the DCB, flex cutting mats, cooling rack (I set my DCB on it and then my laptop later on)and the groceries (the host earned that for amount of invites).

BUT...then i had ANOTHER shopping bag with the Cool n Serve and my 12" skillet.

THEN there was the carry all tote bag with my laptop, catalogs (25 as 18 were expected) and then 6 F/W for any September bookings. Add other things in the bag that I haven't taken out and... what does that get me?

4 bags (2 trips) and they all weighed A LOT! I won't ever carry the DCB and groceries in a reusable bag. It was extremely heavy. I did not bring one tool I did not use (fajitas and strawberry bruschetta) but in the end, its still A LOT! Although, I did pack up faster than the Silpada rep. LOL (yes, the host went and invited Silpada AND Scentsy....told her we had to invite 100 or it wasn't worth it for any of us and she did. She had about 15 -20 in attendance and Silpada and I both did well. My assumption is Scentsy didn't fair as well. My sales are at 800.00 and 4 bookings. Aside from not doing well at carrying less, I STUNK at recruiting tonite. So disappointed in myself. I did not ask everyone and there were so many people and no where to go, people filled out their orders right around me and again I had my 'anxiety' and got the bookings and the sales but dropped the balll on recruiting. *sigh*

Sorry for the ramble...first time I'm home since this morning and the dog went to bed on me so no one to ramble to. :)

(((hugs))) Melissa!

Sheila said:

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE....pleading with hands clasped, tears running down my cheeks, knees scraped....LOVE LOVE LOVE a copy of that CD....PLEASEEE!!!!

Thanks, I just need to vent, ramble on and then kick myself in the rear on the morning. Cannot do it right now as my feet hurt too much. hehe

Does anyone know why they took all the cd's off the supply order? There aren't many trainings online anymore either. I have spent over a week looking for a training on moving your business. It looks like it is no longer available. If anyone can help me I would appreciate.
I remember at one point last year I was able to pull up training from spring launch back in 08. I can't find anything, so if I am looking in the wrong place please point me in the right direction!

How many of you are doing 2 recipes at your shows? The only way I can carry less is that I only do one recipe. That makes a huge difference!!!! I remember talking to some of the top sellers and recruiters and they were saying (this was almost 3 years ago) they did shows with just a hand full of products, 1 trip in the house and they were done in 2 hours start to finish. That got me to thinking. Their sales were amazing so it is not about how much you take with you or how many recipes you do. They recruited numbers I can only dream about because they took LESS and made it look easy. and they were working LESS hard and making MORE money. That is what got me down to taking less. Sometimes it still creeps back up on me, but I really try to just make one quick trip in and out of my hosts house.

Edited to correct the link! One of our Directors let me know that there was a gap at the 24 minute mark. Not sure if I missed a track or loaded one in the wrong place, but it's been corrected on this version: http://www.4shared.com/audio/hZmSHoWD/High_Impact_Host_Coaching_2.htmlIt's in a non-published folder, so if you don't have the link to it, I don't think you'll be able to find it. ;)

cincychef said:
How many of you are doing 2 recipes at your shows? The only way I can carry less is that I only do one recipe. That makes a huge difference!!!! I remember talking to some of the top sellers and recruiters and they were saying (this was almost 3 years ago) they did shows with just a hand full of products, 1 trip in the house and they were done in 2 hours start to finish. That got me to thinking. Their sales were amazing so it is not about how much you take with you or how many recipes you do. They recruited numbers I can only dream about because they took LESS and made it look easy. and they were working LESS hard and making MORE money. That is what got me down to taking less. Sometimes it still creeps back up on me, but I really try to just make one quick trip in and out of my hosts house.

I only demo one recipe - except for the Skinny Dipping show, but that is a collection of 5 minutes recipes. :) I also don't do Dessert shows. For me, I found that sales, bookings, and recruit leads were better with appetizer or main dish demos. Not sure why, but I think it's just that most of the people at my shows can relate better to needing to get a healthy meal on the table quickly.
A couple weeks ago, I took everything to my show in one bag, and then my paperwork bag, and I STILL had a recruit lead comment on all the "stuff" I had to carry to and from my car! :eek: So, if me paring way down still looks like a heavy mess to some people, what did it look like before?

Melissa I would DEFINITELY suggest going to 1 recipe. BUT.. with that, I always do 2... BUT I still don't take a lot because of the recipes I choose to do!!!The choices for my hosts are:-Apple Berry Salsa (served out of the MFP bowl with a outdoor utensil) and Choc Lava Cake (either in DCB or RCP)
- Chicken Fajitas in DCB and Choc Lava Cake in RCP
- Cheeseburger Salad & Choc Lava Cake
- Choc Bliss - Triple Choc Trifle & Lava CakeSo it appears that I'm doing more than I am. I used to take a plate to turn the cake out onto if made in the RCP, but now I use a dinner plate of the hosts... that way I don't have to replate the leftovers when I'm ready to leave. For the CBS, I made the beef in the Micro-cooker not the skillet.I NEVER take cookware or SA with me unless they specifically ask to see it. I talk about it enough and I sell it. My cookware sales are no different if I have it or not.My Choc Bliss show is my biggest hit this summer. It's a super easy demo and I'm done in 20-25 minutes start to finish.

finley1991 said:
Melissa I would DEFINITELY suggest going to 1 recipe. BUT.. with that, I always do 2... BUT I still don't take a lot because of the recipes I choose to do!!!

The choices for my hosts are:

-Apple Berry Salsa (served out of the MFP bowl with a outdoor utensil) and Choc Lava Cake (either in DCB or RCP)
- Chicken Fajitas in DCB and Choc Lava Cake in RCP
- Cheeseburger Salad & Choc Lava Cake
- Choc Bliss - Triple Choc Trifle & Lava Cake

So it appears that I'm doing more than I am. I used to take a plate to turn the cake out onto if made in the RCP, but now I use a dinner plate of the hosts... that way I don't have to replate the leftovers when I'm ready to leave. For the CBS, I made the beef in the Micro-cooker not the skillet.

I NEVER take cookware or SA with me unless they specifically ask to see it. I talk about it enough and I sell it. My cookware sales are no different if I have it or not.

My Choc Bliss show is my biggest hit this summer. It's a super easy demo and I'm done in 20-25 minutes start to finish.

I don't do anything more than you do. :) I offer:
Chicken Fajitas (and sometimes a pineapple salsa with that in the MFP)
or
3 Cheese Garden Pizza (and then I do a 10min pork tenderloin in DCB)

I never do a demo without using the DCB. The ONLY time is if they do not have a MW and then if it is close enough to me, i will make it ahead of time and still bring it.

Last night I did the fajitas but instead of a salsa, I did Strawberry Bruschetta in the MFP and then put it all in the Cool n Serve. I guess my next "arm" to give up is the CnS and if it wasnt the recruiting tool and upcoming cookware month, I would NEVER EVER carry the 12" skillet. That would eliminate a whole bag but everyone always asks me to see the CnS.

I guess I remember making the SB a few years ago and it being very labor intensive and using a lot of product... I might be confusing it with something else though... :)

Becky, I think we are long lost twins, almost every post I keep saying "yep that is what I do"
I used to do salsa with the fajitas and now I don't (that was before the MFP) and I found my sales stayed the same or better and I had to "work" alot less at the show.
I never bring the 12" skillet unless I am asked to make a skillet cake. I just bring the 8" saute pan and talk about all of the cookware.
Honestly I try not to use the oven at my shows! I do use the DCB at most shows. Last night I had my host pull hers out and I didn't bring mine. Wow was my crate lighter.
That was another tip at my spring launch with the carry less sell more.
Use the stoneware yours hosts have on hand and leave yours at home!

finley1991 said:
I guess I remember making the SB a few years ago and it being very labor intensive and using a lot of product... I might be confusing it with something else though... :)

Perhaps it is. I don't think I ever gave it thought. I just was thinking I used the MFP for the berries and could display it all in the CnS Tray.

I do try to cut down on the work as I prep what I can at home (Cut the bread and toast it, thus not having to take the bar pan) and also at home the 2 blocks of cream cheese and confectioners sugar into the small SS bowl & take it to the show. At the show all i do is put the strawberries in the MFP and whip them up and zest the lemon and squeeze half of it into the CC mixture. Mix it up with a Mix N Scraper and call'er done. (Oh I do put it into the dip well of the CnS & the chopped berries in the other well. Surround those two with the cinnamon toasted bread slices.)

In the fall I plan on doing the Rock Road Brownies instead and going to try the Chips, Dips & Sips that Jenni has listed. I did book a Friday night party last night with two younger girls who were most interested in the "Sips" part so I think a quick light 'chips' demo will work just fine! :)

cincychef said:
Becky, I think we are long lost twins, almost every post I keep saying "yep that is what I do"
I used to do salsa with the fajitas and now I don't (that was before the MFP) and I found my sales stayed the same or better and I had to "work" alot less at the show.
I never bring the 12" skillet unless I am asked to make a skillet cake. I just bring the 8" saute pan and talk about all of the cookware.
Honestly I try not to use the oven at my shows! I do use the DCB at most shows. Last night I had my host pull hers out and I didn't bring mine. Wow was my crate lighter.
That was another tip at my spring launch with the carry less sell more.

Use the stoneware yours hosts have on hand and leave yours at home!

I try not to use the oven either. ESPECIALLY during the summer. I live in West MI, and do a lot of my shows in lakeshore (Lake MI) communities. Many of those houses don't have air conditioning, because there is usually a nice cool breeze except in the very hottest days of the summer. Well, this summer, we've had more of those than I ever remember. If I turned on the oven, in a room full of people, it would be stifling!
This month I have been making chicken in the grill pan, for August bookings, but I do that before guests arrive, and have the pan washed and ready to pass around when guests get there.

And yes - when I go back to using stoneware next month, I think I'm going to use the host's stoneware too. I did that a couple times in June w/ a host's DCB and it was wonderful! Plus, when it belongs to the host it's very easy to get them raving about how awesome it is!

Oops, was answering a question on page 1 again for some reason! (call me crazy)

I only do one recipe and lately i've been doing a drink as well but that's it. I really don't think it's about what products you bring or how much.

Sheila said:
See if this will work: http://www.4shared.com/audio/rvWUgFcN/High_Impact_Host_Coaching.html

It's in a non-published folder, so if you don't have the link to it, I don't think you'll be able to find it. ;)

Thanks! Were there other audio's on that cd or just this one? I have a ton of older recordings and many of the older CDs from Conference (like 2006) had all of the recordings no one cd. Is this the case? If so, what other ones were on there?

I love that you can upload/download thru that site. VERY cool!!! =)

One of the other girls brought it to my attention that there's a gap around the 24 minute mark. I re-did it ... not sure if I got the tracks out of order or just skipped a track! But here's the one with ALL the tracks & they are in order! Sorry!!! http://www.4shared.com/audio/hZmSHoWD/High_Impact_Host_Coaching_2.htmlAnd it's the only one I have up right now. There were several people asking for it. I only have 2 here in Texas and they are both ones that Ginger sent to me. Everything else I have is in Japan. :(

Does anyone else know if the recordings from 2007 were all on one CD or on multiple? The audios from 2006 were all put on one disc from the HO. Just wondering b/c I only have 2 recordings from 2007 and I see they are not even listed on CC now.

I have all the 2007 workshops--they were also put on one audio that had to be ordered from a 3rd party company. Now with the mp3s they aren't doing that anymore.

Debbie, if you are willing to send me copies, I'll upload them so everyone can have them.

Sheila said:
Debbie, if you are willing to send me copies, I'll upload them so everyone can have them.

I have them all in my iTunes and then gave the CD away. I did that with all the PC CDs I had. And I'm not savvy enough to know how to email the file to everyone. And I don't have any blank discs to be able to burn it.

If anyone can walk me though emailing the file, I'd be happy to send it out.

I finally went through and read this thread. I haven't had a show in a while :( and finally have one tonight. Yay! I'm going to try to pack most stuff into the Market Basket.

What I USED to take to a show: Rolling case packed full (no wonder I'm on my 3rd one!), the big Show to Go tote bag on top of that, my briefcase with laptop and sometimes something extra, like if we're using the Cool & Serve or something. Usually I could make it in one trip. Sometimes two, but I didn't mind. It just seemed like a LOT.

I'm REALLY going to try to pare it down tonight and NOT bring my Rolling Case. I've used that thing ever since they came out however many years ago!! So, this will be WEIRD. I usually do lapboards and I know I can decrease some of the junk if I just do catalogs and order forms. But I like when I have lots of people and they can't be seated at a table, so it's nice when they have something hard to write on. Oh, I just don't know what to do about that. We're not using the DCB and I just don't think I'm going to take it. Usually when we do a recipe in it, I sell them. When I don't, I do talk about the DCB but don't usually sell any at full price at the show. I'll be bringing the Cool & Serve Tray so that won't fit anywhere.

I would LOVE to get out of a host's home between around 9 pm! Even 9:30 pm. I don't do dishes at a host's home (come home and throw them in the DW), so I guess I'll bring a plastic kitchen garbage bag and line the basket with that and put dirty dishes in there.

We'll see how it goes! If anyone has any pointers after making an effort to make some changes like that, let me know! I'm all ears. :)

I'm just psyched to have a SHOW!!!

<h2>1. How can I streamline my direct sales packing?</h2><p>One tip for streamlining your direct sales packing is to plan ahead and only bring the essentials. Consider what products you will be demonstrating and only bring the necessary tools and supplies for those products. It can also be helpful to create a packing checklist to ensure you don't forget anything important.</p><h2>2. How can I pack less but still sell more at my shows?</h2><p>Packing less can actually help you sell more at your shows. When you bring too much, it can be overwhelming for both you and your customers. Stick to a few key products and focus on showcasing them effectively. This will also make it easier for your customers to make purchasing decisions.</p><h2>3. What are some common items that direct sales consultants bring to shows?</h2><p>Common items that direct sales consultants bring to shows include catalogs, order forms, product samples, demonstration tools, business cards, and marketing materials. It's important to only bring what is necessary for your specific products and sales strategy.</p><h2>4. How can I pack everything I need for a show without bringing too much?</h2><p>One way to pack everything you need for a show without bringing too much is to invest in versatile and compact storage solutions. For example, a rolling tote with multiple compartments can hold all your demonstration tools and marketing materials, while a smaller briefcase can hold your laptop and business essentials.</p><h2>5. How can I overcome my fear of packing less for shows?</h2><p>It can be nerve-wracking to pack less for shows, especially if you're used to bringing a lot of items. However, remember that packing less can actually make your show more organized and efficient. Trust in your planning and preparation, and remind yourself that you can always bring extra items if needed.</p>

1. How can I streamline my direct sales packing?

One tip for streamlining your direct sales packing is to plan ahead and only bring the essentials. Consider what products you will be demonstrating and only bring the necessary tools and supplies for those products. It can also be helpful to create a packing checklist to ensure you don't forget anything important.

2. How can I pack less but still sell more at my shows?

Packing less can actually help you sell more at your shows. When you bring too much, it can be overwhelming for both you and your customers. Stick to a few key products and focus on showcasing them effectively. This will also make it easier for your customers to make purchasing decisions.

3. What are some common items that direct sales consultants bring to shows?

Common items that direct sales consultants bring to shows include catalogs, order forms, product samples, demonstration tools, business cards, and marketing materials. It's important to only bring what is necessary for your specific products and sales strategy.

4. How can I pack everything I need for a show without bringing too much?

One way to pack everything you need for a show without bringing too much is to invest in versatile and compact storage solutions. For example, a rolling tote with multiple compartments can hold all your demonstration tools and marketing materials, while a smaller briefcase can hold your laptop and business essentials.

5. How can I overcome my fear of packing less for shows?

It can be nerve-wracking to pack less for shows, especially if you're used to bringing a lot of items. However, remember that packing less can actually make your show more organized and efficient. Trust in your planning and preparation, and remind yourself that you can always bring extra items if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
SLDOWDY1978
  • ChefSandyK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DZmom
Back