• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sticking Up For Brittany: A Media Critique

well...a train wreck. I was appalled by how bad it was. She looks like she's been strung out on something and that outfit was terrible. Now I'm curious what the critics had to say.I saw some info. on it and one of the critics was a lot nicer. He said they originally wanted her to do a magician type act, but it was too dificult so they changed the show at the last minute. She also said Brittany usually wears chunky boots which make her more secure when dancing, but she was in 5" skinny heels. If you notice other people in the act were helping her walk down stairs, etc.
pampchefrhondab
Okay, I wasn't going to purchase Brittany's new CD, but now I am!

I can't believe the way the media is saying she is Fat! Are they kidding! I think she looks great! I think the models today are way too skinny! Women are supposed to have a figure!

If they think she is fat I would hate to think what they would say about me:)!

I don't think she looked fat at all. For having two babies, I think physically she is in great shape. Unfortunately, she looked strung out during her MTV performance.

HA HA, my first post in ages is about Brittany.

I agree. I think she is a DISASTER, but I do not think she is fat.

I didn't get to see the performance. So why are they talking more about her being fat?

Well, I think they are talking about her being fat because she was near nekkid on the tv and it sure wasn't purty! Nothing new for her, at least this time her junk was covered up.
Train wreck - don't wanna watch her, but you just have to.

I'm sorry but she is sickening IMO!

Because of the performance, I think. I'll admit, she wasn't as tight or as ripped as she was before, but she didn't look bad at all. She looked great. Her performance was awful. The sad thing is that she is an accomplished dancer and what we saw last night was embarrassing. You can look on youtube and see other performaces and compare it to last night, sad.

I don't think she looked fat at all. Now her appearance was really sad to watch. She pretty much walked around and moved her hips a few times. I really was shocked on how crappy the performance was.

I am NOT a fan of Brittany at all. I think it is sad to see what she has done to herself. Her performance was AWFUL last night, anyone of us could have done that. I DO NOT believe she is fat, I only wish I had a stomach like that after kids! The media can't decide who to pick on, Your too skinny or too fat...pick a side!
As far as her new song??? She isn't singing, it is all studio effects...
That's my 2 cents...

Ugh.. that performance was abysmal. Really. And the prerecorded song wasn't even good. And while I would have no picked that outfit to accentuate myself, I would be happy to be built like her. I think the media comments on that side of the appearance was not called for. So sad that they focused on that.

Now I am curious. I don't watch any awards shows, because...why?! They are already rich and famous why do we need to give them more?! That's my objection with those awards shows (all of them, VMA, Oscars, etc.).

I'll have to check out You tube. Is it just youtube.com?

Hee hee, she sure got people talking. I guess what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas!! She looked really loose with her movements instead of sharp, intentional movements like she used to make. She really looked like she could care less about being there. Hardly a comeback! I don't think she is fat, but a little thicker than before. Also, even if she was kinda chunky she doesn't have to wear an outfit like that! Maybe she had just forgotten to get dressed and wandered out on stage... that must be why she sucked so bad!

I had my mouth open in AWE the whole time. I couldn't believe what she was wearing and she was absolutely terrible. Half the time she wasn't even singing (or mouthing). I use to love Brittney but not so much now.:(

After all the news coverage I just had to watch it on youtube. It was very bad and way too slutty. She had a weird look in her eyes too, like she was strung out on something. So sad, she has so much potential, I've never been a fan, but I'd really like to see her class it up a bit.

I saw some info. on it and one of the critics was a lot nicer. She said they originally wanted her to do a magician type act, but it was too dificult so they changed the show at the last minute. She also said Brittany usually wears chunky boots which make her more secure when dancing, but she was in 5" skinny heels. If you notice other people in the act were helping her walk down stairs, etc.

I'm so glad I'm not a Hollywood celeb.:)!

I'm sorry but watching that performance was like watching a horrible, strung-out, train wreck. she was definitely on something and looked so out of it. she did not want to be there she should have called in sick that day. lol

Sometimes don't you wonder if it is staged as well to get people talking? She did make the numbers go up dramatically (I think they said 30% increased viewership) so many are interested in her demise. It's sad many people like to see others self-destruct. I guess it makes them feel better about their own life.

I would have preferred the critics dwell on the bad performance then her weight though.

pampchefrhondab said:
I would have preferred the critics dwell on the bad performance then her weight though.

Exactly. The only thing I can say about her weight, and someone here already said it, is she wasn't as tight as she used to be... but gee, after two kids and the hell she's put herself through, how could she be? She certainly wasn't fat.

She's a train wreck though, that's for sure.

OK - I could have danced the routine she did at the VMA's - I have seen her perform on so many shows and I was dissapointed with the performance. Cris Angel was supposed to be doing something with her for this act but he bowed out beause she would rehearse seriously.
The woman needs a decent agent, publicist and stylist.
She is definately not fat but that was not an appropriate outfit for her current figure. People are comparing her to what she has looked like in the past and that is not fair after the babies.

I would hope this would be a wake up call to Ms. Spears. She can put on a heck of show but the VMA's were a dissapointment for her comeback. And why does she have to start her new song out with an explicitive. I guess I am getting old.

P.S. Can someone get Sarah SIlverman a clue? I hope her time hosting these shows is over soon. I think she is ruse and hateful. I didnt' like the comments she made about Paris Hilton ( and I dont't like Paris) before she went to kail and thenthe comments about Britney's kids being mistakes was going too far.

Kathytnt said:
P.S. Can someone get Sarah SIlverman a clue? I hope her time hosting these shows is over soon. I think she is ruse and hateful. I didnt' like the comments she made about Paris Hilton ( and I dont't like Paris) before she went to kail and thenthe comments about Britney's kids being mistakes was going too far.

I agree 100%!!! I cannot stand Sarah Silverman. She's gross!

Sounds like it's a good thing I didn't watch:).

I truly don't get into stars and news about them. I wish the rest of the country would join me on that one, but I don't see it happening. It must sell or the media wouldn't spend so much time on it.

I completely agree with you Kathy!

I wish I had her body. It is sad that the media is talking more about her apperence than that horrible performance. Just another attack on the self esteem.

I just want to know how she got her hair to grow back so fast? :)

IMO the press is criticizing her figure because that's how she has always marketed herself.
I have had little sympathy, respect or frankly, use for BS (pun intended) since the beginning of her career. IMHO, her mother pimped her out as a young girl, hyper-sexualizing her. She put herslef out there as a sex-pot. Now, she looks REAL. The problem is, she sold herself as a FANTASY, not reality.
I agree, she looks great. For a real person. But she's in Hollywood, land of great lighting, lipo, and photo re-touching. They (the public, the photogs, the critics) don't want to see "real", they need to sell us on "pefection" (what a joke) so we'll keep buying!!
The real criticism and concern should be her performance. She gave up lip-synching (which wasn't in synch) half-way through. She could barely walk, let alone dance.
IMO, BS has never been a suitable role model. She was oversexualized and set up that same trend in gilrs' clothing. Now preschoolers want to dress like hookers, courtesy in large part to BS. What she has depicted only reinforces the confusing messages sent to girls, boys and men that little girls are sexual beings, to be lusted after.
For the first time in her career, I feel truly sorry for her. How must it feel to have the whole world laughing at and criticzing you? She's a lost little girl and I hope for her sake (and her kids) she gets some help.
Sorry so long -- I have strong, long-standing opinions about BS!!

I think it is a sad situation. And I feel so sorry for her kids... They do not care what her body looks like the just need a good mom.

agreed. And her body is great -- 2 kids in a year, plus her lifestyle (alcohol is very high in calories:))

HOrrible performance- not much of a "comeback" but she looks great for having 2 kids, that's for sure! She just needs to focus on helping herself and taking care of those kids!

I have to kind of wonder if she has post partum depression. The meds they put me on for that turned me into a glazed donut for nearly 2 months. And honestly- after my divorce I was a wreck for at least two years. Two babies, a divorce, and all these really high expectations... I hope she pulls her crap together, but its not a big surprise to me that she is a wreck.
BTW, her youngest is about the same age as MY youngest and she has done a fantastic job getting her body in order after that. JMHO.

friday said:
I have to kind of wonder if she has post partum depression...BTW, her youngest is about the same age as MY youngest and she has done a fantastic job getting her body in order after that. JMHO.

I have always thought that she suffers from post partum. That is the only logical explanation for her losing her mind: shaving her head and the umbrella incident, to name a few. I suffered from PPD after my twins and I can see it so clearly.

And, can anyone say...*tummy-tuck*!;)

My only comment is that when looking at the list of new posts, it had Brittany Spears and then right below it Biggest Loser...

I know they weren't meant to connect but it just did in my mind...

TwinGirlsMom said:
I have always thought that she suffers from post partum. That is the only logical explanation for her losing her mind: shaving her head and the umbrella incident, to name a few. I suffered from PPD after my twins and I can see it so clearly.

And, can anyone say...*tummy-tuck*!;)

She does have the money... Tonight I was listening to Love Lines w/ Dr. Drew and ? They seem to think post partum depression along with her divorce and admitted stint in rehab have made her really depressed and she needs help! They said if K-Fed gets the kids it will be disastarous.

I told my daughter this morning that the only way she could get where she wasn't a joke is if she went to college. It is so sad to see her acting out like one of the kids from Different Strokes.

I can't imagine how she makes it through the day knowing all she does will be scrutinized by the press. She has no sense of reality, more money than God and until K-Fed almost every man in the world thought she was the hottest thing around. My husband has a friend whose son said "Daddy, I love Brittany Spears." He replied "Son, Daddy loves Brittany, too." Ewwww...

I know every generation has it's wild kids. It just seems like this one has a vendetta against quite a few that admittedly do stupid actions. Hopefully these girls will get it together.

Heck, I didn't grow up until I was 26! Yikes!

janetupnorth said:
My only comment is that when looking at the list of new posts, it had Brittany Spears and then right below it Biggest Loser...

I know they weren't meant to connect but it just did in my mind...

Tee hee...my thoughts exactly! I thought they were the same thing!

Chefgirl2 said:
She does have the money... Tonight I was listening to Love Lines w/ Dr. Drew and ? They seem to think post partum depression along with her divorce and admitted stint in rehab have made her really depressed and she needs help! They said if K-Fed gets the kids it will be disastarous.

I told my daughter this morning that the only way she could get where she wasn't a joke is if she went to college. It is so sad to see her acting out like one of the kids from Different Strokes.

I can't imagine how she makes it through the day knowing all she does will be scrutinized by the press. She has no sense of reality, more money than God and until K-Fed almost every man in the world thought she was the hottest thing around. My husband has a friend whose son said "Daddy, I love Brittany Spears." He replied "Son, Daddy loves Brittany, too." Ewwww...

I know every generation has it's wild kids. It just seems like this one has a vendetta against quite a few that admittedly do stupid actions. Hopefully these girls will get it together.

Heck, I didn't grow up until I was 26! Yikes!

Love Lines? I listen to Adam Corolla sometimes and he talks about the time he did that with Dr. Drew, didn't know that was still on somewhere....

Well if she did have a tummy tuck that explains her limited movement in the dance sequence. My mom had a tummy tuck as part of breast cancer reconstruction. She says That has been worse than the cancer treatment in terms of recovery- because the incisions are right where you do so much of your movement. My mom is a fitness type- it really restricted her workout programme for nearly a year.

I too am saddened about her situation and what she is doing to herself and her children. I hadn't seen her performance and after reading all your comments, I had to go look and all I can say is "Wow thats not good"... Who is this girl and what have they done with Britney? She could have handled herself and her performance a little and she would be sitting in a better place right now...

I am not thinking PPD I am thinking bipolar/manic depressive - Her bizarre antics have led me to believe that. She has surrounded herslef with a bunch of people that are just saying Yes Brittany I could be a better stylist for this girl than what she has now. She needs some real friends and advisers to help her and then she could make a REAL comeback. Then we would all be talking about that.

LOL Heaven knows we need more to talk about :D

I didn't watch the entire clip...I really only saw what was shown on the news. I DO NOT think she is fat, but someone should have pulled her aside and said, "Honey, this is not most flattering you could wear!" She has a bunch of money so she can afford to wear anything.

I am too sadden by all the recent events...mostly for her children. I could care less if her head shaved, is she is topless in a hot tub or what ex-hubby claims, but I do worry about her kids. I hope someone steps up and helps her learn how to be a good mom and a role model for her children. Everyone can use some counseling so I hope she is able to do that!

pampchefrhondab said:
Okay, I wasn't going to purchase Brittany's new CD, but now I am!

I can't believe the way the media is saying she is Fat! Are they kidding! I think she looks great! I think the models today are way too skinny! Women are supposed to have a figure!

If they think she is fat I would hate to think what they would say about me:)!

I didn't see her performance, I did see the pictures though. She isn't fat but I still wouldn't buy her new cd. I never have liked Brittany, she doesn't sing and like a previous post said it is special effects. She sucks at singing and isn't an entertainer anymore. I feel sorry for her because she cant get her life straight to care for her kids. Unfortunately this type of thing happens alot with people who grew up in show business.

I just feel so sad for her children.

THis just in..... The latest is she is going to be charged for that ridiculous "hit and run" incident where she hit a parked car, checked her own car then took off with out worrying about the other car (while being filmed by papparazzi) Ummm helloooooo!!!!
She can possibly be jailed and hit with a fine! And her latest random drug testing for her kids customdy battle. What's next?!? The girl has issues!

Related to Sticking Up For Brittany: A Media Critique

1. Why is the media criticizing Brittany's appearance in the new CD?

The media often has unrealistic and damaging beauty standards, which they impose on celebrities. They focus on appearance rather than talent, and unfortunately, Brittany has become their target.

2. Is Brittany really "fat" as the media claims?

No, she is not. The media's portrayal of Brittany as "fat" is unfair and untrue. She has a healthy and beautiful figure, and her weight should not be a determinant of her talent or worth.

3. How does Pampered Chef support Brittany's message of body positivity?

Pampered Chef believes in promoting a healthy and balanced lifestyle, rather than focusing on societal beauty standards. We support Brittany's message of self-love and body positivity by promoting nourishing and delicious meals that everyone can enjoy.

4. What can we do to combat the harmful effects of media criticism on body image?

We can start by recognizing that the media's standards are unrealistic and often damaging. We should also support and uplift those who are being unfairly criticized, like Brittany, and spread messages of body positivity and self-love.

5. Will you continue to support Brittany and her music despite the media's criticism?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef stands with Brittany and her message of self-acceptance and body positivity. We will continue to support her and her music, and we encourage others to do the same.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • janetupnorth