• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Back in Shape with a Bike & Kids in Tow!

In summary, the author purchased a new bicycle and a trailer to pull the kids and rode 1/4 mile. This way, she can't use them as an excuse not to workout. She feels good and may keep going with this to actually lose her baby fat stomach.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
I finally did something to get rid of this baby weight. Last night, I purchased a new bicycle & a little trailer thing to pull the kids. This way, I can't use them as an excuse to not workout.

I just rode 1/4 mile & my legs feel like jell-o. Luckily, that's the distance to my il's house & I could stop there & take a break.

Honestly though, it felt really good! :D

Maybe I'll now keep myself going with this to actually get rid of my baby fat stomach & have my skinny lil body back to cross the stage as a director in July!!

Good for you!! I didn't do anything to lose mine until I moved from the office to the media center at school then it just went away. I am not an exercise person so when someone does I def say good for you!! Keep up the great work!!! Bet the kids love it too!!

crystalscookingnow said:
I finally did something to get rid of this baby weight. Last night, I purchased a new bicycle & a little trailer thing to pull the kids. This way, I can't use them as an excuse to not workout.

I just rode 1/4 mile & my legs feel like jell-o. Luckily, that's the distance to my il's house & I could stop there & take a break.

Honestly though, it felt really good! :D

Maybe I'll now keep myself going with this to actually get rid of my baby fat stomach & have my skinny lil body back to cross the stage as a director in July!!

OMG...I RAN yesterday and not because someone was chasing me! LOL!!! Dh and I took the dog for a walk in the woods and I told Dh to go ahead and run without me. He told me he would match my pace so I ran...the last mile of the 3.5 miles of our trip. It was not that bad.................

Chef_2_Four said:
Good for you!! I didn't do anything to lose mine until I moved from the office to the media center at school then it just went away. I am not an exercise person so when someone does I def say good for you!! Keep up the great work!!! Bet the kids love it too!!

I wish mine would do that! :D

The kids do love it! I'm not an exercise person either, but I gotta do something. :D

I joined Jazzercise in July. I love it!! Today I had my 50th class!!! Good luck with the bike riding.

Layla

I keep asking my DH to exercise as a family like go to the pool (indoor), take walks with the kids in the stroller or go for bike rides (my preference) he tells me go right on ahead he will stay home. I have a really hard time exercising because I get up at 5 am go to work, home at 5 pm and still have to make dinner, take care of kids, clean up dinner and house and by that time it is 10 pm and I want to go to bed. So I have no idea when I can even excersice. And if I have a show then my hubby takes the kids and I get home at night put away the PC stuff and go to bed.

I can give you a deal on a Nordic Trak.At least, I think it's still under the bed.

Related to Getting Back in Shape with a Bike & Kids in Tow!

1. How can I balance biking and taking care of my kids?

One way to balance biking and taking care of your kids is to invest in a bike trailer or a bike seat attachment for your little one. This way, you can bring them along on your bike rides and keep an eye on them while still getting a good workout.

2. Can I still get a good workout with my kids on the bike?

Absolutely! Biking with your kids can actually add an extra challenge to your workout. Pushing the extra weight and keeping up with their pace can help you burn more calories and build more muscle.

3. How can I make biking a fun activity for my kids?

Incorporate fun and interactive elements into your bike rides, such as playing I-Spy or creating a scavenger hunt. You can also plan rides to nearby parks or playgrounds to give your kids a chance to run around and play while you take a break.

4. What safety precautions should I take when biking with my kids?

Always make sure your kids wear helmets and have a properly fitted one for themselves as well. Teach them basic bike safety rules and make sure they understand how to signal and stay close to you while riding.

5. How can I make biking a regular part of my family's routine?

Set a specific day and time each week for a family bike ride and make it a fun tradition. You can also plan biking excursions to different locations or try out new bike trails to keep things interesting and exciting for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Back