• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Starting Over as a Consultant: Coping with Post-Holiday Business Challenges

In summary, Beth was feeling frustrated as a new consultant and started calling for bookings last night. She has 2 shows booked for January but 1 is already canceled and 2 hostesses are MIA.
mrssyvo
Like I am starting over as a new consultant again? I did not take much of a break- Just from Dec 18th, until New Years Day- I come back to focus on my business again, host calling , booking, etc( I did send out the December Host coaching letters, etc) and now 1 January show has canceled, and 2 more hostesses are MIA. I started calling last night for bookings, starting with the ones that said, call me after the holidays, and the no's have me back to where I felt frustrated like a new consultant. Maybe God allows this to happen, so I that I can sympathize with my new consutlants? I am now looking at 2 "for sure "January shows, and the 2 that I have not confirmed because I can not reach the hostesses, and only 1 on the books for February. Please tell me that this is normal. I am excited about Leadership, but I would really like to go to Denver knowing I have my calendar full. I am trying to put together a booking blitz for Sunday for my team, so far only 1 out of 6 are in. Any suggestions? I do not want to get back to where I sound desperate when I make my calls.

I think they can always hear the desperation in our voices if that is what we're feeling. Would it help to tell yourself what you have on the books is okay (and believe it) and then anything else you get is simply icing on the cake? I know for me, if I am stressing, it comes thru my voice no matter how cheery and upbeat I try to sound. When I let myself relax, the business seems to flow better.

You know Leadership is going to energize and motivate you, so smile, knowing that you are going to come back and kick butt! :)

This is where I was last year. I had hardly anything on my books. I called my director (she was newly my director since my original director resigned). She brainstormed with me and helped me come up with lots of ideas and enthusiasm to get things going again. One of her suggestions was a show of my own. I have done lots of open houses that were not successful but she encouraged me to do it again but differently than I had always done them before. We did weekly calls and knowing that we were going to talk and her time was valuable made me make that effort to get on the phone. Once on the phone I got some yeses sprinkled in with the nos.

Because of her encouragement I was able to fill my calendar! You can do this! Call your upline and let them do their job!!

Kris, thank you !! I can always count on your for good advice. I reflect often on your phone call, and the wisdom you gave me that day as well. I earned the Miami trip, and I survived that crazy time of too many shows, and now here I am 2 months later- stressing out over not enough. This is a crazy business we are in, isn't it?

Beth, good ideas as well. I do not think I can have a show of my own right now, though, because I had 2 in December, to make sure I earned the trip. I will brainstorm with my upline though, although how much is too much bothering. Being a new director, I have been leaning on them to figure out this director stuff, and I do not want them to look at caller ID, and think, there she is again!!! I have not called them as much as I thought I would need to though.

Ask her to set up a weekly call with you. Just a half hour a week and have your new director questions ready. Start with what you need most - right now it's your personal business, then go to the other issues. One step at a time. Remember that you are a consultant first. The things you learn to help others on your team will help you too.

One other hint is make customer care calls a priority. Call all those people you met at the shows that month when you had too much business and do out of the box calls, offer recipes and ask for business (referrals included).

Beth, Kris...Amazing advice. Thank you

Going back to being a new consultant. How about hosting your own show, or do a mystery host show at your work,gym,kids school, church. YOu can do it.
I do have to admit I havent been on the phone this week while we were out of school but I'm locking my self in the room and calling everyone. I'll have to remind my self it's not a no to me it's just a no for right now.
YOu can do it.

1. How do I jumpstart my business after the holiday season?

After the busy holiday season, your business may have slowed down. To jumpstart your business, try reaching out to past customers and offering them exclusive deals or hosting a virtual party to showcase new products. You can also attend local events or collaborate with other consultants to reach a larger audience.

2. How can I cope with the post-holiday slump?

The post-holiday slump can be tough, but remember that it is a normal part of any business cycle. Stay positive and use this time to focus on personal development, organizing your business, and setting goals for the upcoming year. You can also reach out to your team or fellow consultants for support and motivation.

3. What should I do with leftover holiday inventory?

If you have leftover holiday inventory, consider offering it at a discounted price or bundling it with other products. You can also use it as a hostess gift for future parties or donate it to a local charity. Remember to keep track of your inventory and plan accordingly for future holiday seasons.

4. How can I attract new customers after the holiday rush?

To attract new customers after the holiday rush, focus on promoting the benefits and solutions your products can provide rather than just the products themselves. Utilize social media, email marketing, and word of mouth to reach a wider audience. You can also offer incentives for referrals or host a new consultant training session to bring in potential customers.

5. What strategies can I use to increase sales during the slower months?

During slower months, it's important to have a strong sales strategy in place. Consider offering special deals or promotions, hosting themed parties or workshops, or partnering with other businesses for cross-promotion. You can also focus on building relationships with your customers and providing excellent customer service to encourage repeat business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mrssyvo
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Koolotus
  • kitchendivinity
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • finley1991