• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Splitting Orders for SAT Requirements: A Quick Guide

In summary, the conversation revolved around the question of whether it is acceptable to split orders and submit them as separate shows in order to meet the requirement of having two shows by a certain date. It was discussed that this may not be fair to the host, as they would miss out on certain benefits. However, it was also mentioned that splitting shows is allowed if the consultant themselves is hosting. There was also mention of a catalog contest and the possibility of giving the host discounts to someone else for the second show. The conversation ends with a warning against bending the rules and the potential consequences it could have on the company.
blueikaos
Quick question regarding the SAT:

I have a host (my mother) who is super close to having 300 in sales (before tax and shipping). Is it ok to split the orders and submit 2 so I can meet the 2 show requirement by the 15th?

Ask her if she's okay with it. :) And the second one has to be a catalog show since she only did one cooking show.

She is okay with it, I checked. I just wanted to see if there was a rule against this though.

Yes you can just put both in as a cooking show so she gets the right free dollars

Doreen, should the cooking shows be on different dates?
Or should I just use my mom on show and my dad's name on the other?

Your mom can be the host of both.

Ok good to know.Thank you.

We aren't supposed to be splitting shows. Of course our host is going to say yes if we ask but she is losing out on specials

$300 show
1 half price item
$40 free
20% discount

If you called the split 2 cooking shows
$15 free x two = $30 free
15% discount

That's not fair even if it IS your mother and it is against our policy. Get on the phone and collect orders for the second show (you have almost a full week) or do some shopping and put together your own catalog show.

All that being said, if WE (the consultant) is hosting a show there is nothing wrong with us splitting it into 2 catalog or 1 cooking and 1 catalog show. We can even have them both in our name and dated on the same date. If we choose to forgoe benefits to get an incentive that's fine but we can't and shouldn't be asking our hosts to give up benefits for us.

Mom's show was part of a catalog contest I was running, which all other 4 hosts backed out of so my mom automatically gets the prize. (I bought the winner a DCB) This was the sole reason she was hosting.She really doesn't mind.

blueikaos said:
Mom's show was part of a catalog contest I was running, which all other 4 hosts backed out of so my mom automatically gets the prize. (I bought the winner a DCB) This was the sole reason she was hosting.

She really doesn't mind.

That's different - not what you presented at first. It sounds like you were doing a mystery host show of sorts and that is fine to split as you desire but it also sounds like there wasn't a demo involved so it would be 2 catalog shows. And they could both be in her name but is there someone else who maybe placed a larger order or got a few orders together that you could give the host discounts to for the second show?

Just don't play the game that some do by putting her husband or cat down as host on the second show. It makes no sense and doesn't help anyone out in the long run, not to mention that it starts you on a slippery path.

Last edited:
Thanks Beth. Sorry I was vague. I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing and playing by the rules.

blueikaos said:
Thanks Beth. Sorry I was vague. I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing and playing by the rules.

Good. I did edit my last post about just that - possibly after you read it and posted this.

Good luck in your business!

The date of the show will not matter I have done 2 shows in one day a few times , trust me people do that all the time

I'm sorry, but I just have to say this:

Just because people do it all the time doesn't make it right.

We have a wonderful company, and they give us great support, but if there is too much bending the rules and fudging the numbers, things will change.

Combine orders to avoid shipping? Eventually shipping prices will increase. Mark shows as cooking when they were really catalog? Hospitality bonus may go away, or the minimum to qualify will increase.
Put your husband/mom/sister/cat as the host so you can get more benefits than when "Consultant as Host"? You're costing the company more in the long run, which may have an impact on future host benefits, commissions etc.

If everyone thinks "it's ok, it's just a little bit" that little bit turns into a lot, and can have disasterous consequences.

NooraK said:

We have a wonderful company, and they give us great support, but if there is too much bending the rules and fudging the numbers, things will change.

Combine orders to avoid shipping? Eventually shipping prices will increase. Mark shows as cooking when they were really catalog? Hospitality bonus may go away, or the minimum to qualify will increase.
Put your husband/mom/sister/cat as the host so you can get more benefits than when "Consultant as Host"? You're costing the company more in the long run, which may have an impact on future host benefits, commissions etc.

If everyone thinks "it's ok, it's just a little bit" that little bit turns into a lot, and can have disasterous consequences.

What she said....(and hunting around for that little "like" button.:))

NooraK said:

Exactly my point and besides it's unethical.

Trust me I dont do need to this ....I sumbited 9300.00 this month and 7600.00 in Oct so there is no need for me to cheat the company
What about the Sr exc that tell there Directors that if they have anyone join they will give them back all of the kit $$ if they quliafy in there 1st 30 days so they can get there retierment in place Those things are wrong

Giving No shippling for a Raffle , or puting orders together for an old lady that only buys a mini spaula once in a while are customer sevice things are all part of working our business
these are just out of the box things that I said people do

chef131doreen said:
Trust me I dont do need to this ....I sumbited 9300.00 this month and 7600.00 in Oct so there is no need for me to cheat the company
What about the Sr exc that tell there Directors that if they have anyone join they will give them back all of the kit $$ if they quliafy in there 1st 30 days so they can get there retierment in place Those things are wrong

Giving No shippling for a Raffle , or puting orders together for an old lady that only buys a mini spaula once in a while are customer sevice things are all part of working our business
these are just out of the box things that I said people do

Giving someone money back on their kit or offering free shipping on a raffle or booth or whatever out of your own pocket isn't what I was referring to. PC still gets paid for those, you just choose to pay it out of your own business.

And for the combining of orders, I was more referring to having customers who individually make a substantial order, but it get combined to save shipping, not adding a mini-serving spatula because it's ridiculous to pay almost as much in shipping.

I'm not saying that you (or anyone) does it because they need the money. I honestly didn't think much of it myself when I first started. It wasn't until someone else pointed out the potential consequences that I realized the bigger picture.

We all get to choose how to run our business, that's the beauty of PC. I just wanted to say that, because maybe there is someone out there that doesn't realize (like I didn't), and may want to change how they do things. It's always a personal choice.

Related to Splitting Orders for SAT Requirements: A Quick Guide

1. How do I split a show into two?

To split a show into two, you can either ask the host to invite half the guests for one show and the other half for another show, or you can divide the guests into two groups and hold two separate shows at different times. You can also offer the option for guests to attend either show, depending on their availability.

2. Can I offer different products at each show?

Yes, you can offer different products at each show. This can be a great way to showcase a wider range of products and give guests more variety. Just make sure to communicate with both groups of guests beforehand so they know which products will be available at their show.

3. Do I need to do double the work for two shows?

No, you do not need to do double the work for two shows. You can prepare the same demonstrations and recipes for both shows, and just adjust the quantities and ingredients accordingly. You can also create a plan to divide tasks between two consultants, if available.

4. How will the host rewards and benefits be split?

The host rewards and benefits will be split evenly between the two shows, unless otherwise specified by the host. For example, if the host chooses to have two separate shows, they can choose to have all the rewards and benefits for one show and none for the other, or split them evenly between the two shows.

5. Do I need to split the orders between the two shows?

Yes, the orders will need to be split between the two shows for tracking and shipping purposes. You can create separate order forms for each show, or use a spreadsheet to keep track of orders from each show. Make sure to communicate this with the guests so they know where to place their orders.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
cheflorraine
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • cookie325
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies