• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift-Giving for the Bride-To-Be: Splitting Orders?

In summary, Becky's order form works well for a Shower. There is a place for a special message from the couple, and for a note from the bride. Plus, everyone can buy what they want, and the bride knows who bought
Chef_2_Four
I talked to the bride to be today. She is going to make a wish list for her shower and then what she doesn't get she will put back on her registry. My question is if someone wants to buy something for her and something for themselves how do we know who gets what?? Or do they need to split up the orders so they can have direct shipping to them, and shipping the gift goes to her. The knives will be on sale then and I know someone will want them! Who wouldn't!!:D

I used to use OOF & print 2 for each guest - one yellow for the brides order, and a white one for thier own, stapled together...but would total them together as one order when they checked out. I would make copies of the brides for whoever was receiveing the order, and an official copy to go in the guests bags......but then I found a great Bridal Shower Order Form on here and I've used that at my last 2 Bridal Showers, and I really like it! I still make a copy of those for sorting the orders, and then also send along official receipts to go in the guests bags.

Oops! Forgot to attach!Here is the Bridal Order Form

Attachments

• Bridal Shower Order Form.doc
    181.5 KB · Views: 308
April,

I don't know if they can order things not requested off the registry and split that shipment ... I know when my bride and I set hers up, they specify where to ship the gifts. There is a place for a special message from the couple. I'm thinking about having her direct people to her shower link for more selections, and then they would be ordering through the shower. Then they could ship things however they wanted.

Can someone whose done some of these explain how purchases from the register actually work?

For the shower I plan on using the form Becky already posted here.

Thanks ladies! I really like that order form!!

You can't split shipping on the registry orders.....and if people tried to order for themselves from the registry - it would really mess up the couples registry! Once an item has been purchased, the status of that item goes to "filled", and it's not available for others to purchase then.Now at the Shower...people can shop away! I tell people that it is the only shower where they can treat themselves, and in the process, be doing something wonderful for the bride too! MOST of the showers I've done, people end up purchasing more for themselves than for the bride!:D

Ditto to the ideas above. (The 2 order forms works AWESOME!) Another tip that I posted elsewhere, was that when entering the items in PP3, I set the bride up as a customer under her married name (so it didn't interfere with her name as hostess/co-host. then when I was entering the orders, I entered them under the customer's name and put the items that were for the bride in under her name too. (Yes--entered the same item twice). then when I was finished, I printed her an "official reciept". Last I deleted the bride's married name order before submitting. This worked great for me!!!!!!! The customer then got the reciept with her name on it including both the gift items and the personal items. Hope this made sense.

I also set up the bridal show on my PWS and encouraged online buyers to buy off of the SHOW rather than the registry. I posted the directions that I sent out for this somewhere too. I'll find them and post again later!

Good Luck!

It sounds to me like you're asking about at the shower itself, not the registry. I do the double order form--half for the bride's gifts, half for the guest's personal order. I only charge them shipping once, though, if they order for themselves and the bride. I then enter all of the gifts for the bride on one guest order, under her name. Yes, I have to eat $4 in shipping, but I think it's a good PR move. And, this way, she has the receipt in case there are ever any problems.

I then use an Excel spreadsheet to make a list of who bought her what. I include that in my thank you letter to the bride. This makes things easier for her when she goes to write her thank you cards. It also makes it easier to attach all the names to a particular gift if several of them go together to purchase a high-ticket item.

Related to Gift-Giving for the Bride-To-Be: Splitting Orders?

1. How can I split my order for the bride-to-be's Pampered Chef gifts?

To split your order for the bride-to-be's Pampered Chef gifts, simply add all the items you wish to purchase to your shopping cart and proceed to checkout. At checkout, you will have the option to select "split order" and enter the names and addresses of the recipients you would like to send the gifts to. You can also choose which items you would like to include in each order.

2. Can I split my order for the bride-to-be's gifts between multiple credit cards?

Unfortunately, we are unable to split payments between multiple credit cards for split orders. However, you can split the order by selecting the "split order" option at checkout and entering the names and addresses of the recipients you would like to send the gifts to. You can then coordinate with the other parties to reimburse you for their portion of the order.

3. Can I include a personalized message with each gift for the bride-to-be?

Yes, you can include a personalized message with each gift for the bride-to-be. During checkout, you will have the option to add a gift message for each recipient. This message will be printed on a card and included with the gift.

4. Can I ship each gift directly to the recipient's address?

Yes, you can ship each gift directly to the recipient's address. During checkout, you will have the option to enter the name and address of each recipient you would like to send a gift to. You can also choose which items you would like to include in each order.

5. Is there an additional fee for splitting my order for the bride-to-be's gifts?

No, there is no additional fee for splitting your order for the bride-to-be's gifts. However, keep in mind that each order must meet the minimum order requirement for free shipping. If the total order does not meet this requirement, a shipping fee may be applied to each split order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • darlinclem
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
darlinclem
  • tiggger
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies