• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sorry, Fairly New to This Site...what Is Bumping? I Get Really

In summary, "bumping" on this site refers to the act of posting a comment or reply on a forum thread in order to bring it back to the top of the list of recent posts. This is often done to gain more visibility for a thread or keep the discussion going. To bump a thread, simply post a comment or reply on the thread, but excessive bumping is not allowed. People bump threads for various reasons, such as gaining visibility or reminding others about a topic, and there is a limit to how many times a thread can be bumped. It is recommended to only bump a thread when there is new information or if it has not received responses for a significant amount of time, and there are guidelines in place to prevent excessive
urbnk8
Sorry, fairly new to this site...what is bumping? I get really confused when I see this and can't quite figure out what it means! Usually I can figure things out on my own but so far...not this. :angel:

Bumping makes the thread come to the top of the listing, as they are in order of the last update. It keeps them more visible, if someone is looking for a response from someone.

Many of us use the "new Posts" button at the top of the page. Whenever a thread has a new post, it will show up at the top of that threads page. "Bumping" just bumps it up to the top of the posts.

I sure hope I worded that so it makes sense!!

Oh. I didn't know what it ment untill now, either.

I see! Thank you very much!! I get it now. Makes sense!

Related to Sorry, Fairly New to This Site...what Is Bumping? I Get Really

What is "bumping" on this site?

Bumping refers to the act of posting a comment or reply in a forum thread in order to bring it back to the top of the list of recent posts. This is often done to gain more visibility for a particular thread or to keep the discussion going.

How do I bump a thread on this site?

To bump a thread, simply post a comment or reply on the thread. This will bring the thread back to the top of the list of recent posts. Please note that excessive bumping is not allowed and may result in your posts being removed.

Why do people bump threads?

People bump threads for various reasons, such as wanting to gain more visibility for their thread, keeping the discussion going, or reminding others about a particular topic. It is a common practice in online forums.

Is there a limit to how many times I can bump a thread?

Yes, there is a limit to how many times you can bump a thread. Excessive bumping is not allowed and may result in your posts being removed. It is recommended to only bump a thread when there is new information or if the thread has not received any responses for a significant amount of time.

Are there any guidelines for bumping threads on this site?

Yes, there are guidelines for bumping threads on this site. It is recommended to only bump a thread when there is new information or if the thread has not received any responses for a significant amount of time. Excessive bumping is not allowed and may result in your posts being removed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tlennhoff
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
sjackson
Replies
Views
gailz2