• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Simple Additions Large Bowl Question

In summary, the customer is not happy with the new kitchen shears because they are not able to cut through plastic or paper.
JAE
I have a customer who wants to order the SA Large Bowl. I've never seen it in person. She wondered if it's too shallow. In the catalog it looks quite shallow. I know it's 13.5 inches round and will hold 12 cups, but it's hard to impagine if that makes it shallow or not. 12 cups seems like a lot. The batter bowl is just over 8 cups if you count from the 8 cup line and up. Let me know what you think if you've seen this bowl. Thanks.
JAE

It's about 4" deep, but that's from memory (I'm at work right now).

I have this bowl and I do not think it is shallow. When I get home I can measure the exact depth and let you know....

I love this bowl. It's deeper than the Dots Round Bowl, if that helps.

It really holds a LOT of food. It's great for salads or pasta.

It's the largest serving bowl I own......JAE - you need to come see me and take a look at all the new products since the last time you sold!

You are all so helpful. Thanks.

Party at Becky's house!!

chefann said:
Party at Becky's house!!

OF course Ann - you are always welcome to come! (But bring the hat!;) )

A "This is what's new since you were a consultant" training would be fun. There's so much new in the catalog just since I started. Heck, a cluster-mate mentioned the avocado peeler a month or so back, and I told her, "That's been discontinued since the Fall catalog came out!" She didn't believe me. So there are things that change that not everyone can keep up with.

chefann said:
A "This is what's new since you were a consultant" training would be fun. There's so much new in the catalog just since I started. Heck, a cluster-mate mentioned the avocado peeler a month or so back, and I told her, "That's been discontinued since the Fall catalog came out!" She didn't believe me. So there are things that change that not everyone can keep up with.

Thats so true! I had the same thing happen at my show on Tues. I was showing them how to work w/ an avocado - and my host said "Why don't you just use the Avocado thingy?"

Look at all the things that have been discontinued - and the past couple of years there has been SO MUCH new stuff! Including a whole new line of cookware and cutlery......a bunch of new entertaining stuff - all of the SA in colors and designs......WOW!

But the fun part is - when someone says "I have everything in the catalog" you can ask them how long its been since they've been to a show....and then tell them we have practically a whole new catalog in the past couple years!:D

We're lucky to work with a company that keeps the line fresh. And not just by making color changes exclusively (not that we don't have some products that just keep changing color for fun - like the Twixits). But by following trends, introducing quality items, and making it easy for us.

That isn't to say that there aren't some slip-ups along the way, but on the whole, HO and the product development team really tries hard to fill our catalog with nice stuff, not just gimmicky gadgets.

Now that we've totally hijacked Jae's thread....

chefann said:
That isn't to say that there aren't some slip-ups along the way, but on the whole, HO and the product development team really tries hard to fill our catalog with nice stuff, not just gimmicky gadgets.

Can you say "toaster bags" and "Tile Paper Napkins" ?:D

But you are right! I love the fact that PC continues to develop and introduce products that we can use and love!

ChefBeckyD said:
Can you say "toaster bags" and "Tile Paper Napkins" ?:D
I was thinking of the new kitchen shears, too.

chefann said:
I was thinking of the new kitchen shears, too.
Uggh! Worthless piece of ****!!!! Ann - I do believe we have successfully hijacked another totally innocent thread.......bwahahahahahah!

It's fine to hijack my thread. I received the information I need so now I'm learning some new things too! (about your personalities, mostly!) Anyway, I don't like the new shears either. I still use my old ones, even though they get stuck a lot. I've adapted and overcome with them, and they are always being used and I wish I had my other pair. I got rid of them somewhere. blah blah blah. I'm procrastinating I think.
JAE

My kitchen shears never have trouble cutting, but I've heard alot that can't even cut paper or plastic bags. However I think the blade is too small. I still go to the shears in my knife block before the PC ones--not a good sign. It also does not hadle herbs as well as you would think.

Not a fan of the new shears either. They are way too light and I have a hard time keeping them secure in my hand. There's something about the handle design that just doesn't work for me.

DebbieJ said:
Not a fan of the new shears either. They are way too light and I have a hard time keeping them secure in my hand. There's something about the handle design that just doesn't work for me.
Yes, that's exactly my problem. I thought maybe it was just me.

And, I've discovered that many shears/scissors don't cut plastic well. You have to hold the plastic just right and make sure it is very tight before it will cut well.

JAE said:
It's fine to hijack my thread. I received the information I need so now I'm learning some new things too! (about your personalities, mostly!) Anyway, I don't like the new shears either. I still use my old ones, even though they get stuck a lot. I've adapted and overcome with them, and they are always being used and I wish I had my other pair. I got rid of them somewhere. blah blah blah. I'm procrastinating I think.
JAE

If your old shears are sticking just spritz them with a little veggie oil at the spring and they should be fine. Mine used to do that a lot, too before I started oiling them.

That's one thing I don't like about the new shears...you can't oil the hinges.

I would still appreciate your observations on the SA large bowl. thanks.

It's right about 2" deep. Holds oodles, though.

My friend has one and LOVES it - it is on my "wish list".

For a comparison, the same Southwestern Layered Salad that fills the Trifle Bowl nearly fills the large bowl.

That's a good comparison. It must be huge. I was quite surprised by how big the large platter was, too.

1. What is the size of the Simple Additions Large Bowl?

The Simple Additions Large Bowl has a capacity of 4 quarts and measures 11 inches in diameter and 4.5 inches in height.

2. Is the Simple Additions Large Bowl microwave and dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Simple Additions Large Bowl is both microwave and dishwasher safe for convenience and easy clean-up.

3. Can the Simple Additions Large Bowl be used in the oven?

No, the Simple Additions Large Bowl is not suitable for use in the oven as it is not oven-safe.

4. What is the material of the Simple Additions Large Bowl?

The Simple Additions Large Bowl is made of stoneware, which is a durable and heat-resistant material.

5. Can the Simple Additions Large Bowl be used for serving hot foods?

Yes, the Simple Additions Large Bowl is safe for serving hot foods and can withstand temperatures up to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Belle4562
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
  • RAWOLFI
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Maddy Pedrow
  • ChefKelebel