• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Advice on Which Simple Additions...

In summary, the large square bowl is a great option for those looking to get the most use out of it. It is big and can hold a lot, making it a good choice for those who plan to make a lot of food at their shows. The large round platter is a nice option as well, but it is more specialized. It is good for making microwave cakes, and can be used for more than just cakes.
jesusluvsu2005
I will have $300 PC dollars to spend once they get a hold from a credit card charge resolved on my last show. So I am going to get something to serve hot items in as I am also getting the 12" skillet (maybe try to do some power cooking shows). So I'm thinking of the following, which would you pick?
Dots Large Bowl (12 cups)
Large Round Platter 14"
or
Large Square Bowl 27 cups
I am thinking the large square bowl since it will hold the most. What do you all think?
Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I would go with the dots or the square

The large square bowl is nice, especially if you get (eventually) the woven large square server.

I do like the dots large bowl!

The large round platter is a "must have" if you plan to make any skillet cakes at your shows (Turtle Fudge or Pineapple Upsidedown).

The round platter is nice and can be used for more than just cakes.

The Square Bowl is HUGE! It is nice and really great with the Woven Square. I rarely take it to shows with me though b/c it is huge and heavy. At home I keep it on my counter and use it as a bread & snack basket.

The Dots Bowl is nice too and more of a useable size. It is not nearly as heavy as the Square. It's good for salads and pasta dishes.

So - are you now more confused than ever?

The Dots Bowl is the perfect size for the salads from the 6 O'Clock Salad Theme.

But I do love my large round platter too.......:rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

I love my large bowl. I used to love my large square platter more, but it was discontinued. :(I took the bowl to work the other day in the woven basket. I put the pink host special in the center filled with salsa and tortilla rolls on the side.I've also made the Greek Cheese Torta, dumped it in the middle of the large bowl and then put the bread and triscuits around it in the bowl.

The Dots large bowl is on the Supply Order for $23.25

Dots Bowl or the Platter with Handles. I actually use the Platter a lot for salads at shows. In fact, I'll be using it tomorrow as we're doubling the pork tenderloin salad for 15 guests. :D

How long will that stay on supply? Till the end of the season? I may get it later in May when I order my other supplies.

Love the dot bowl and round platter. NOT a fan of the large square bowl. It is SO big. I have it and the woven basket for it but rarely use it. Like Linda said, it's large and heavy for a show. I like showing the other two pieces because they are newer.

jesusluvsu2005 said:
How long will that stay on supply? Till the end of the season? I may get it later in May when I order my other supplies.
It should be there through the season (season changes on Sept 1st)

GeorgiaPeach said:
Love the dot bowl and round platter. NOT a fan of the large square bowl. It is SO big. I have it and the woven basket for it but rarely use it. Like Linda said, it's large and heavy for a show. I like showing the other two pieces because they are newer.
I also like to use the large dots bowl for chips and a smaller dots bowl for dips - very festive!

Will the dots bowl fit in the insulated carrier?

I would say the dots round bowl. I get bookings because people want the bowl but don't want to spend money on something fun. I do salads, pasta salad, chips with salsa, ALSO you can put the Turtle Fudge Skillet cake in it and the chocolate and carmel drip down the side! It is easy to pack in my bag too!

jesusluvsu2005 said:
Will the dots bowl fit in the insulated carrier?
No- it's too wide. But the square one will fit.

Large round platter! Large Round Platter! It's perfect for microwave cakes done in the Bundt Stone! You will sell a ton!

When y'all bring the dots bowl to shows, what do you carry it in so that it doesn't get chipped or anything?

I use my old red crate (the one that used to come with the kit) and carry extras in it. I also wrap large items in a pillow case to help protect them. Sometimes I just carry fragile items in by itself.

jesusluvsu2005 said:
When y'all bring the dots bowl to shows, what do you carry it in so that it doesn't get chipped or anything?
I put it in the wide pocket of the consultant tote (the one that comes with the kit. If I am putting anything else in that pocket I will put a towel or cookware protector between them.

I LOVE that dots large bowl! It's my favorite.

Janet, which large bowl did you mean (square or dots)? I love your ideas.

jesusluvsu2005 said:

I have the older stoneware tote - and it fits beautifully in there. For the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad Demo, I put both the Dots Bowl, and the Large Bar Pan in there - makes them very easy to carry.

I'm not sure which to choose now. LOL I think it sounds like I'd probably like the large square bowl for home rather than shows due to size. So I may end up getting the dots bowl. I don't know yet. There's too many choices! LOL
Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

BethCooks4U said:
I put it in the wide pocket of the consultant tote (the one that comes with the kit. If I am putting anything else in that pocket I will put a towel or cookware protector between them.

I LOVE that dots large bowl! It's my favorite.

Janet, which large bowl did you mean (square or dots)? I love your ideas.

I meant the large square bowl...I don't have the dots one yet, but need it.

By being large and square there are a ton of things you can do with it and a ton of dishes to set in the center.

Yes, it is heavier but it shows the quality and durability of it. It holds salads, appetizers, lots of pasta, you name it!

janetupnorth said:
I meant the large square bowl...I don't have the dots one yet, but need it.

By being large and square there are a ton of things you can do with it and a ton of dishes to set in the center.

Yes, it is heavier but it shows the quality and durability of it. It holds salads, appetizers, lots of pasta, you name it!
I carried it a lot before the dots came out but I only sold a few. I sell a lot of the dots one when I bring it.

For the most part, it's a catch all bowl at my house now.

I know have a love hate relationship with chef success I had my supply order and KE order all ready to go and now I'm thinking about what I don't need because now I need the dots bowl, large square and woven collection. oh well

I'm not a fan of the dots stuff. I have the large square with the woven and love it - it is on my table for fruit - but it is HUGE and heavy. I don't take it to shows - it is just for home. So if you are looking for show stuff the dots would probably be a better choice. And if you can get it on supply that is an awesome deal!

Related to Need Advice on Which Simple Additions...

1. How do I choose the best Simple Additions piece for my needs?

When considering which Simple Additions piece to purchase, think about what types of dishes you frequently make and what size servings you typically need. For example, if you often make casseroles or one-pot meals, the Square Baker would be a great choice. If you usually serve side dishes or appetizers, the Small Square Platter would be a good option. You can also consider your personal style and the color scheme of your kitchen when making your decision.

2. Can I use Simple Additions pieces in the oven?

Yes, all of our Simple Additions pieces are oven-safe up to 450°F. This makes them perfect for cooking and baking, as well as serving and storing leftovers. Just make sure to place the piece in the oven while it is preheating to avoid any sudden temperature changes that could cause it to crack.

3. How do I care for my Simple Additions piece?

To ensure the longevity of your Simple Additions piece, we recommend hand washing it with warm soapy water. Avoid using harsh abrasives or soaking the piece for extended periods of time. If any stubborn food residue remains, you can use a non-abrasive cleaner or soak the piece for a short period of time. Do not use the dishwasher, as it could damage the glaze on the piece.

4. Are Simple Additions pieces microwave-safe?

Yes, all of our Simple Additions pieces are microwave-safe. This makes reheating leftovers and cooking quick meals a breeze. Just make sure to use oven mitts or a kitchen towel when removing the piece from the microwave, as it may become hot.

5. Can I mix and match different Simple Additions pieces together?

Absolutely! Our Simple Additions pieces are designed to be versatile and can be mixed and matched to create a unique and cohesive table setting. You can also combine them with other Pampered Chef products for even more variety in your kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jjaastef
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
schenectady90241
  • sarahb2004
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
KOLBERG1
  • RAWOLFI