• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Go to My Show Tonight?

In summary, the consultant is having trouble getting a response from the host for a scheduled show. She has called multiple times and even tried calling from work, but still hasn't heard back. The host had previously confirmed a good number of guests and the consultant is debating whether or not to still go to the show. She has received advice to try emailing the host or leaving a message stating that the show will go on if she doesn't hear back. The consultant ultimately decides to go to the show and is pleasantly surprised to find that the host's daughter has joined her team and the show is a success.
pkd09
Silver Member
I have a show tonight, maybe. At the end of my second Host Coaching call to this lady (last week) I informed her I would call her Friday to finalize the demo recipe. I have called her 4 times; still hasn't called me back. I even called her from my work today (thought a weekday call would make a difference) and still nothing. The show is 30 minutes away so I hate to use the gas if she is not going to be there. My last 2 calls to her were positive and she gave an estimated 12-15 people in attendance. Do I go???? No Demo???

Have you tried emailing her?

oooo-tough one here. I know this happened to my Director once and she left the lasy a voice message stating "I will be at your house at 6:30 and since I have not been able to speak with you, I will make assume the show is still on since I haven't heard otherwise. If you need to contact me, my number is....."
The lasy called and cancelled within 15 minutes! I don't know why folks don;t get back to us, but I wouldn't take the chance of there really being a show woth 15 p[eople sitting around wondering where you are!

I would still go. Lots of times people mean well but just procrastinate. If she confirmed people attending and also held decent host coaching calls previously then I would assume that everything is a.o.k.

I would still go, and maybe have the 10 min cake demo as a back up? (1 cake mix w/ingredients, 1 can frosting, the bundt pan)

If you dont go, there's always that great "What If?" scenerio...

I actually just had this kind of happen to me. My director said that I should call the host and leave a very nice message that states: Hi this is ______, your Pampered Chef Consultant. I know that we have a show scheduled for insert date and time. If I do not hear you (insert date and time) I am going to assume that since I haven't heard from you that our show has been canceled. If you are still planning on having your show please call me as soon as possible so that I can continue planning your party.

This has worked really well for me.

No e-mail so I am going to go home (I am at work) and check my answering machine. If still nothing I will give it one more call. I just hope she is OK and there isn't a family crisis.

I had this happen today. I got a hold of someone I know that is attending the party about an hour ago. Found out that the host in the hospital with an infected intestine. Poor girl.

Certainly could be the case here-maybe you should call the host she booked from and check on her....if there is an emergency, she sure wouldn't be thinking "I gotta call so and so and reschedule my show"!!!

I always wait until the last phone call (2 or 3 days before show) and ask for directions. That way my message indicates I need directions.

For me, difficultly getting a return call usually means no cooking show. I try to turn it into a catalog show or reschedule.

dns2202 said:
I had this happen today. I got a hold of someone I know that is attending the party about an hour ago. Found out that the host in the hospital with an infected intestine. Poor girl.

Yikes!
Poor thing!

this happened to me ONCE----here was the outcome----I showed up with 2 potatoes and cookies I baked on the stone!! In came 7 people and 500. in sales then I was leaving and she handed me about 600 more in orders So hopefully SHE IS WORKING IT!!!! good luck
Morfia

I would still go. Just make what you want to - for me hosts are not too concerned with the demo recipe. If host coaching went well she is just assuming you will show up. She is probaby busy getting ready for guests and not paying attention to her messages.

Now that is an ending we would all like to have!

oh AND Mary joined my team!!!the hosts daughter---

The show is still on. When I got home at 4:30 I called her. This time she answered the phone. I asked her if the show was still on and she said "of course it is, I have all this food". I told her I had tried at least 6 times since Friday to confirm the demo and have left messages. She told me there was nothing on her answering machine. Then she says, "I wondered why you never called". HELLO ..... wouldn't you as a host call the consultant especially if the consultant said she would call!!!!! So....lesson learned.... keep the ingredients to at least one recipe for these emergencies. I have the fixings for Pineapple Upside Down Cake and am ready to go. Since I have a 30 minute drive I'll have the chance to breath again. Thanks all for your input. The show is going on!!!!!

let us know how it goes:)

So glad to hear it is still on. Hope all goes well.

Any news yet?? How did the show turn out? I've been wondering :)

I hope your show ended up turning out well...let us know what happened :)

The show was OK. She had lots of daughters and grand daughters there all with their children. Most seemed to be yelling at each other or their children. Seems like they just came over for mom to cook them dinner and get away from their husbands because half of them did not order. Show is currently well below my average. I did get 2 bookings; one from a past PC consultant from 2 years ago for November and two daughters are going to host/co-host in March. She is a very nice and polite lady (insisted on doing my dishes when I usually bring them home to wash), we still can't figure out what happened to the messages. I even repeated to her what her answering machine says. She did give me her cell number just in case when we get ready to close. Again, my lesson in this is always keep ingredients for a recipe on hand. I was very lucky to have everything I needed. Thanks again everyone for your input ... it was a first for me.

Sos How Was It???

Related to Should I Go to My Show Tonight?

1. Should I go to my show tonight if I'm feeling under the weather?

If you are feeling unwell, it is best to prioritize your health and skip the show. You can always reschedule for another date when you are feeling better.

2. Can I bring my children to the show?

We understand that finding childcare can be difficult, but it is best to leave young children at home. The show is intended for adults and it can be distracting for both you and other guests if young children are present.

3. What should I wear to the show?

There is no dress code for our shows, so wear something comfortable that you feel good in. We also recommend avoiding loose or baggy sleeves to prevent any accidents in the kitchen.

4. Is it okay to arrive late to the show?

We recommend arriving on time to ensure you get the full experience of the show. However, if you do arrive late, our consultants will do their best to catch you up on what you missed.

5. Can I bring a friend who is not invited to the show?

Our shows are designed for a certain number of guests, so it is best to only bring those who are specifically invited. If you have a friend who is interested, you can always host your own show and invite them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Krista Burson
  • lorilynn95
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • BeckyC5830