• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Share Your Story..recruiting Spiel?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of recruiting and how to incorporate personal stories into the pitch. Some participants shared their experiences and theories on the success of recruiting, while others discussed the timing and placement of discussing recruiting during a show. There was also a mention of the importance of actively seeking out potential recruits and the role of home office leads in recruiting.
heat123
Silver Member
I need to revamp my show outline for 2008 (especially to retell my pesonal story- focusing on recruiting now) since I rarely used to find the time to do this, other than how long I have been with TPC and how much I love it.

Can you all share when (at the beginning or at the end of your show) you tell your story and what points you make in it or just tell me your story? Thanks!

My theoryThis is just my two cents but really I feel like most recruiting is just being at the right place at the right time. In my opinion, I think 75% is like that. I mean when someone is ready, they are ready and no matter what they are going to sign up. I was like that. I wanted to sign, I didn't even know the girl but I signed up. If they aren't ready they aren't going to sign up. No matter what we say. If they had been thinking about it, they will after doing a show, ask questions and want to know more.

I don't think there is a magic formula or special wording that works. For those who have many recruits, this is not to knock you in any way. And I am not saying it's not skill or effort on your part, it is. You can't sit still and say nothing and expect to recruit. How will they ever be found?

I wonder how many recruits are home office leads compared to people at shows. Again I hope no one is offended but I just have heard so many times about people being surprised that so and so called to sign up. Or that someone asked them out of the blue at a show to sign up.

I have talked and talked to people who were on the fence and nothing happened because they weren't ready yet. When my friend was ready she called me and signed up, I honestly wasn't expecting it. She qualified and now I am praying and looking for number two.

What do you think?

Debbie :D

I talk about recruiting at the beginning when I introduce myself and towards in the end when I go over some of the great benefits PC offers. I tie them together by saying "Earlier I talked to you about why I started PC now I want to give you a little bit of information about the business, maybe it's something you are looking for also".

wadesgirl said:
I talk about recruiting at the beginning when I introduce myself and towards in the end when I go over some of the great benefits PC offers. I tie them together by saying "Earlier I talked to you about why I started PC now I want to give you a little bit of information about the business, maybe it's something you are looking for also".
Thanks, I like the way you tied them into together so that it flows!

DebbieSAChef said:
This is just my two cents but really I feel like most recruiting is just being at the right place at the right time. In my opinion, I think 75% is like that. I mean when someone is ready, they are ready and no matter what they are going to sign up. I was like that. I wanted to sign, I didn't even know the girl but I signed up. If they aren't ready they aren't going to sign up. No matter what we say. If they had been thinking about it, they will after doing a show, ask questions and want to know more.

I don't think there is a magic formula or special wording that works. For those who have many recruits, this is not to knock you in any way. And I am not saying it's not skill or effort on your part, it is. You can't sit still and say nothing and expect to recruit. How will they ever be found?

I wonder how many recruits are home office leads compared to people at shows. Again I hope no one is offended but I just have heard so many times about people being surprised that so and so called to sign up. Or that someone asked them out of the blue at a show to sign up.

I have talked and talked to people who were on the fence and nothing happened because they weren't ready yet. When my friend was ready she called me and signed up, I honestly wasn't expecting it. She qualified and now I am praying and looking for number two.

What do you think?

Debbie :D
For me it's been total luck that I have signed 2 (although my first was a kitnapper, I think) and a 3rd soon! It's definitely not becuase I gave my personal story at a show. They were old friends who for them the time seemed right to join.

I was just wondering what you say to get more leads I guess. Since my focus was never recruiting before I never talked about my personal story all that much at shows. Now that I'm interested I want to know what others are saying cause ya never know if the time is right for everyone out there. ;)

I start my show with my story: I never came to a show to become a pampered chef consultant. In fact it took a month after my show before I joined PC. I had shows in the past as a host and have been asked about the business, but no one gave me a reason why it would fit MY needs. When I met a new consultant, I had a show with her. Only 3 of my friends showed up, but all 3 booked a show. The consultant had offered me a choice of stone free with 3 bookings. Then my MIL booked a show. With 2 more bookings I could get a second stone free the consultant told me. I did it. It was then the consultant's husband that told my husband that I should be doing this if I could get 6 bookings, just like that. I tease my director, because she never asked me. She assumed that being a teacher, I didn't want to do PC. She was wrong. After I looked at the business, found that I could set me own schedule, I could earn free products with just 2 shows at times, and earn extra money, I wanted to be part of this business. That was 3 years ago. I have traveled to Chicago, Dallas and will travel to Chicago again this year, all paid for with my pampered chef commission. I have met many friends. Remember the SS 12" pan we used this evening? I got that for free. Whether you are a host or a consultant, you can enjoy free products.

In the past 3 years I have recruited 9. Some were kit nappers, some when inactive. Debbie said it right, when she said it just happens. People will see what you are doing. Does your job look easy? Does it look fun? Is it something you want to find out more about? Be honest. Share your story. They will ask. I'm not out to recruit. I'm out to help others see the benefits the Pampered Chef business can have.

1. What is "Share Your Story..recruiting Spiel"?

"Share Your Story..recruiting Spiel" is a platform that allows individuals to share their personal experiences and stories related to recruitment and job searching. It aims to provide a space for people to connect, inspire, and learn from one another.

2. How can I share my story on this platform?

To share your story on "Share Your Story..recruiting Spiel," simply create an account on the website and follow the instructions to submit your story. You can choose to share your story anonymously or include your name and any relevant links or images.

3. Is there a specific topic or theme for the stories on this platform?

Yes, the primary focus of "Share Your Story..recruiting Spiel" is recruitment and job searching. However, stories can also touch on related topics such as career development, networking, and workplace experiences.

4. Can I read other people's stories without creating an account?

Yes, all stories on "Share Your Story..recruiting Spiel" are publicly accessible and can be viewed without creating an account. However, creating an account allows you to interact with other users and save your favorite stories.

5. Are there any guidelines for sharing my story?

Yes, "Share Your Story..recruiting Spiel" has a set of community guidelines that all users are expected to follow. These guidelines ensure a safe and respectful space for everyone to share their stories. Stories that violate these guidelines will be removed by the platform administrators.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pamperedval
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lockhartkitchen