• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shallow Micro-Cooker Bent/Twisted

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of a Shallow Micro-Cooker for cooking bacon. One person had their cooker twist and become askew, causing difficulties with the lid. Others in the conversation also experienced this issue, but some say it still works fine. It is unclear if this is a defect or if it is a normal occurrence. Some suggest following the instructions and flipping the bacon to prevent excess heat. Overall, it is agreed that the product is not up to the usual standards of Pampered Chef and some are hesitant to continue using it.
kam
Staff member
I just used the Shallow Micro-Cooker (the rectangle one) for the first time for bacon yesterday. The bacon turned out WONDERFUL! After using, I rinsed it out and set it in the sink for a little while until I could empty the dishwasher so I could place the cooker into the dishwasher.When I went to put it in the dishwasher, the pieces had "twisted" - like how a thin baking sheet will do in the oven. The bottom and the "grate" part are definitely askew...I think the lid is fine.Has anyone had this happen???It is past the 30 days unfortunately. :(

Mine did the same thing. When I put it together it lays flat so I don't worry about it. Maybe if you put it back together while it is cooling then it won't do that.

Is this normal or is PC working on the problem? Sounds like a defect?

I didn't call on it so I don't know. Mine works fine when the cover is on.

I put it through the dishwasher hoping that would help, but it did not. The cover did not "twist" so when I put it together, the base and the grate are "askew" together and the lid won't go on since it is still straight.I am not sure if this is a defect or not. But, I don't think I am going to chance it with another one. I bought this only for the purpose of cooking bacon. Oh well.

It may be past the 30 days for free return shipping but if you don't like how it works you should call HO.

Mine did the same thing, but it still works.

thov99 said:
Mine did the same thing, but it still works.
Glad (kind of) that it just isn't me. But I am shocked that they are continuing to sell this if this is happening. If I exchange it, I am thinking the next one will do the same thing.

If you read the instructions, which I finally did after mine bent, when making bacon, you're supposed to take it out of the microwave and flip the bacon. This brief opening of the baker allows slight cooling and thus prevents the twisting caused by excess heat.

Glad to read all these. I thought I was the only one. I figured I had done something wrong so I did not call HO. But I don't want to sell it either because it isn't the normal Pampered Chef standard.

mroschef said:
If you read the instructions, which I finally did after mine bent, when making bacon, you're supposed to take it out of the microwave and flip the bacon. This brief opening of the baker allows slight cooling and thus prevents the twisting caused by excess heat.
Yes, I did do this! Though, I did cook the whole pound of bacon. I did take my time getting the cooked bacon off and the new bacon on, too.
Kitty Rachlin said:
Glad to read all these. I thought I was the only one. I figured I had done something wrong so I did not call HO. But I don't want to sell it either because it isn't the normal Pampered Chef standard.
I agree with you that it really isn't up to PC standard. If I got this anywhere else for around $10 and this happened, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. But, I do expect more out of a PC product. I will not hesitate to spend more on something if I think it is going to last. After only one use, it looks like some old thing I used over and over again years ago and shouldn't even still have!

I think if it still works then I'm not going to worry about mine twisting. I don't use it at shows though.

1. What is a Shallow Micro-Cooker Bent/Twisted?

A Shallow Micro-Cooker Bent/Twisted is a small, microwave-safe container designed for cooking and reheating small portions of food. It is made of high-quality plastic and has a unique bent and twisted shape that allows for even heat distribution and thorough cooking.

2. Is the Shallow Micro-Cooker Bent/Twisted safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, the Shallow Micro-Cooker Bent/Twisted is specifically designed for use in the microwave and is completely safe to use. It is made of BPA-free plastic and has been rigorously tested for safety and durability.

3. What types of food can be cooked in the Shallow Micro-Cooker Bent/Twisted?

The Shallow Micro-Cooker Bent/Twisted is perfect for cooking and reheating a variety of foods, including vegetables, rice, pasta, and even meats. It is also great for making single-serve desserts like mug cakes and brownies.

4. How do I clean the Shallow Micro-Cooker Bent/Twisted?

The Shallow Micro-Cooker Bent/Twisted is dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean. You can also hand wash it with warm soapy water. Be sure to dry it thoroughly before storing it away.

5. Can the Shallow Micro-Cooker Bent/Twisted be used for storage?

Yes, the Shallow Micro-Cooker Bent/Twisted can also be used for storing food in the refrigerator or freezer. Its compact size makes it perfect for storing leftovers or prepping meals in advance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
Replies
Views
chefruthie
  • ChefLAM
  • Products and Tips
Replies