• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Serving a Trifle: Tips and Techniques for Perfect Presentation

Thanks for your help!It is a good idea to demo the trifles when you know there are a lot of people coming so that there are not a lot of leftovers.
2crazyboys
This may be a really dumb question but how do you serve a triffle? They look so deep. Do you cut all the way to the bottom or just kind of scoop out servings?

I scoop out servings, but going all of the way to the bottom... does that make sense?

I scoop out servings too, making sure I get half way down the bowl so that everyone has a layer of each food item. i.e. cake, pudding, cool whip, skor bar, repeat. So I only have to get down to the first layer of cake and will have the pudding cool whip and skor bar as well. I don't need to get to the bottom of the bowl since those layers are a repeat :D

I scoop down to the bottom even though they repeat. It is very easy with a big spoon!

Depends on how manyIt depends if I am trying to make that trifle stretch or if we are pigging out.

Stretching it: Half way in the bowl.

Pigging out: All the way baby!!

Debbie :D

I let everyone dip their own, but I remind them to reach all the way down.

I let everyone scoop thier own and they tend to go half way.

What do you usually use to scoop it out with?

What is the best trifle to do for my first show using this bowl and which recipe is best with less refrigeration time?

Thanks for any help at all,

Dana :)

I think I'm going to email HO & request a pretty new serving spoon for the trifle bowl! I've just been using the chef's tool spoon.

I use the chef's tool spoon at shows. At home, I use the brushed steel serving spoon that was discontinued right after I started....I love them!

I scoop halfway down with a small mix and scraper. It works great and there is no chance of scratching the glass bowl.

I have the serving spoon that we used to sell and have used that at home but not at shows. We either use the bamboo spoon or a spoon the host has.

What is the best type of trifle to make that doesn't have to be refrigerated for hours after you make it? Any help would be great!! Do you think I need to practice it before the show or will it be ok to just do it for the first time at the show.

Thanks again!!! Dana :p

Hi, I'm new here... I've been a member for a few months but this is my first post. I have been a consultant since February... I am getting ready to try a trifle at a show next week and was wondering how it's going to go. I am actually doing the Taffy Apple Trifle that I found under the recipe section on here, but I had a few questions about it.... anyone familiar with the recipe... please tell me it's a good demo recipe! Also, it says that you are supposed to put the "cookie mixture" for the first layer, but the recipe never really tells you to do anything with the box of cookies... I am assuming that you just crush them, but do you do that ahead of time before the demo or do you crush them as part of the demo and do you use the food chopped and really crush them or something else. Any details would be appreciated. Sorry to horn in on your question but I couldn't figure out how to post a question.:confused:
Thank you in advance for any help!

Maybe you would just crush them in a ziploc baggie w/ the bakers roller. I am not sure I have never made the trifle myself. But it sounds GREAT!!!

And how about the post from Lacychef above mentioning EM'ing HO to get a pretty serving spoon for the trifle bowl...they listened!!!!

dsmegnky said:
What is the best type of trifle to make that doesn't have to be refrigerated for hours after you make it? Any help would be great!! Do you think I need to practice it before the show or will it be ok to just do it for the first time at the show.

Thanks again!!! Dana :p

I've made the strawberry cream trifle and it went really well. I've also made the traimisu triffle, haven't demoed it but it was very good, coffee and chocolate what could be better. I think the trifles are great to demo but I would double check on how many people are showing up. I like to do this when I know 10 or more are showing otherwise you will have a lot of leftovers. (not a bad thing I guess)

Humble Beginnings said:
I've made the strawberry cream trifle and it went really well. I've also made the traimisu triffle, haven't demoed it but it was very good, coffee and chocolate what could be better. I think the trifles are great to demo but I would double check on how many people are showing up. I like to do this when I know 10 or more are showing otherwise you will have a lot of leftovers. (not a bad thing I guess)

I am laughing...I had a show once with only FIVE in attendance, and they ate the ENTIRE TRIFLE!! (Strawberry Cheesecake one...my favorite!)

Like Kelly, I've had five skinny women finish off a Black Forest Trifle, leaving only the residue bravely clinging to the side of the bowl.Rachel, to answer your first question, you'll want people to reach all the way down to the bottom to serve the trifle. I always tell people that they want to be sure to get a bit of each layer. Scooping a little off the top won't do.

A very quick throw-together trifle I make in addition to a PC recipe is a pound cake cubed, layered with a can of fruit pie filling (and some fresh if available), a large box of instant pudding mixed up, a large container of cool whip, 1-2 bananas, crushed walnuts (optional). Layer away and enjoy. Different fruits and puddings are fun to use.

Related to Serving a Trifle: Tips and Techniques for Perfect Presentation

1. What is a trifle?

A trifle is a popular British dessert that is typically made with layers of cake, custard, fruit, and whipped cream. It is usually served in a clear glass dish to showcase the colorful layers.

2. How do I layer a trifle?

To create beautiful layers in a trifle, start by placing a layer of cake or ladyfingers on the bottom of your dish. Next, add a layer of custard or pudding, followed by a layer of fruit. Repeat these layers until your dish is almost full, ending with a layer of whipped cream on top.

3. Can I make a trifle in advance?

Yes, you can make a trifle in advance. In fact, it is recommended to let the trifle sit in the fridge for a few hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend together. However, it is best to add the whipped cream on top right before serving to ensure it stays fresh and fluffy.

4. Do trifle recipes have to include alcohol?

No, trifle recipes do not have to include alcohol. While some traditional recipes may call for sherry or brandy, there are many non-alcoholic variations that use fruit juice or other flavorings instead.

5. Can I use any type of cake for a trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake for a trifle. Sponge cake, pound cake, or even angel food cake are all great options. Just make sure to cut the cake into bite-sized pieces before layering it in the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chefgailb
  • beepampered
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • reneenshelcook4u
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies