• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Seeking Guidance and Encouragement: My Issues with My Director

In summary, the main issue of the conversation is dealing with a director who discourages the speaker from achieving success with their Pampered Chef business and puts them down for being a straight man. The speaker was encouraged to go inactive for 12 months and then restart with a new kit and $0 lifetime sales, or get a hospitality director for motivation. It was also suggested to prove the director wrong by promoting above her and going to the National Conference. Finally, it was recommended to call Head Quarters and tell them the story so they can consider getting a new director.
ericmcbean
Gold Member
I was wondering if we are allowed to change directors or cluster teams, I have had a lot of issues with my director in the past and I do not feel comfortable with her. I have fallen out of selling pampered chef b/c of her. She is a huge put down and she discouraged me several times.....:( I dont mean to sound like I am complaining or anything I just want to work with someone that could give me encouragement and not always put downs.

The main issue I had with her was this: Okay I am a straight man and happily married. Anyways, I told her of my plans to make it big.... I wanted to be an advanced director, instead of giving me encouagement, she said the only men who make it big with the pampered chef is men who are not straight!!!!!! Worse of all she said this infront of my first recruit:mad: !!!!!!!

That kind of got me bummed so I havent done anything in the past couple of months.....I have only spent enough to remain active.

Someone Please Help Me........

What I have heard is you have to quit selling PC for a certain length of time to be able to change directors, but I am not sure.

I am sorry you are having these problems! Straight men can cook!!!!

I hope not b/c I dont want to lose my only recruit. She didnt say that I couldnt cook she simply said that straight men dont make it above consultant status in this business. The only ones that make it are not straight........

Sorry, but you cant change Directors. Right now you have 2 choices. 1-go inactive I think its for a year & start all over again, but you lose everything, or get a hospitality Director. I did & It made a world of difference. HTH...Good Luck, also DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!:D

The only way you can change directors is if you are inactive for 12 months and then you start all over with a new kit that you have to buy and $0 lifetime sales.

Consider all options. Why don't you "show her" and promote above her! If you have the passion you can do it!

If you decide to go inactive I would love to have you on my team. You sound like just the kind of go-getter that I am looking for!

Eric, I have a recruiting interview with a man on Tuesday (straight, married - if that makes any difference). Any pointers for me?

Hospitality directors are for consultants who are a distance from their directors and wouldn't totally solve your problem but might give you more motivation. You can also get some of that motivation here.:D

BethCooks4U said:
Hospitality directors are for consultants who are a distance from their directors and wouldn't totally solve your problem but might give you more motivation. You can also get some of that motivation here.:D

Thats Right! If it wasnt for people like Beth & this site, I would not be here today;) ...cmon I want to see you walk at Conference!:cool:

Beth, When I was selling pampered chef it came naturally to me. It was easy to sell for a man, because women like to see a man in the kitchen.... I dont want to go inactive b/c I dont want to lose my recruit. I havent talked to my director in almost 4 months now, so its like I dont even have a director anyway. Maybe I could call HQ and see if they have any options for me. All of your comments built my spirits though. And I really appreciate it....

Ginger428 said:
Thats Right! If it wasnt for people like Beth & this site, I would not be here today;) ...cmon I want to see you walk at Conference!:cool:
Aw:eek: Thanks!

There are a ton of knowledgeable and awefully nice people on this site. It's like family!

Eric, WE can be your cheering section as you promote!

What wave are you in for National Conference? If you are in wave 1 come hang out with us!! And bring your recruit! (BTW: We're happily married too and a bit older than you but lots of fun! :rolleyes: )

:cool:
ericmcbean said:
Beth, When I was selling pampered chef it came naturally to me. It was easy to sell for a man, because women like to see a man in the kitchen.... I dont want to go inactive b/c I dont want to lose my recruit. I havent talked to my director in almost 4 months now, so its like I dont even have a director anyway. Maybe I could call HQ and see if they have any options for me. All of your comments built my spirits though. And I really appreciate it....

I started in Oct.05 my recruiter lives a block & a half away, by Nov.05 I felt like she was not doing the right thing & I felt my Director was full of herself. So I decided I would fix both of them :rolleyes: I am reaching 30,000 in sales, have gotten every incentive that I wanted, no recruits yet, but what I'm getting at is I DID IT without them! But this site & the people here were my biggest & strongest point!!!

Hey Eric!
I was born and raised in Perry, MI, so I smiled when I saw you were from Flint.:)

First - your director must be the type of person who would also say that Gay men don't like sports! How ridiculous can a person be? To go against what she has said to you, there is a Male DIRECTOR in my extended cluster who is a straight, married, and very successful PC director!
I think you've done well in finding this site - there are so many great consultants here (straight, gay, married, single, young, "seasoned", male, female...)and we all love helping each other succeed!

Thanks Becky, You are very inspirational....I have family from Perry. How ironic, tis a small world.

Everyone, Thanks for your support.

Oh - and I forgot to say that I LOVE the picture of (I'm assuming) you and your baby.....set that on your table at shows, and watch those women melt....and book shows!:D

work hard, promote to director & start having your own meetings
so you don't have to deal with her. Proving her wrong would be
the best revenge!!!
Bev

Can you go to your upline for help?

I'm with Beth--go for it and promote above your director!

Well we are all close in area and sometimes I to the cluster meetting that we can get to, if busy the night of our regular meeting .
So I think if yo need to call HO to find out some Directosr in your area maybe you can talk yo them about everything . Around here upline is Feriale Yan ( you have heard of her she is #1 in the company ) Adv Dirc then my Director then I think 2or 3 more Directors all very close and if I wanted to go to another meeting I can just call one of them .
I don"t think PC would want to have you go inactive and lose a good Consultant over not being able to get along with a director . That is why we have HOSPITALITY . Your director will always be your director but you can still try to go to a clustor meeting that you feel better at
Call HO don't go inactive you would oly be hurting yourself.....

good luck

You know what I would do. I would just call HO and let them know the story. Let them know that she basically "sexually harrassed" you. I mean that was SUPER rude saying that you are not going to succeed since you are not gay. That is like saying I can't play a guy sport unless I am a "lesbian". Which I love playing FOOTBALL. ;) I mean I wouldn't want to be around her let alone have her as my director. I think they would seriously consider getting you another director.

Eric-I am so sorry you have such a cruddy director. It sounds like you would do a lot better without her. If you need anything don't hesitate to come to this site. We will help in any way we can. You can do this without her!!! Don't give it up and keep selling!

Eric,

I wish there was a way to switch directors as well. My director when I started was never there for me. I was the top performer on her team other than my recruiter and never a word of encouragement or advice. I wnated to change just because it bothers me that someone who is making a good chunk amount of money off my sales couldn't even find the time to once send a note, call or anything. Luckily my recruiter prmoted and is my director now...YEA!

I definately think HO should know about her attitude. I don't think they'll switch directors but I would look for a hospitality director. I know I would love to have someone like you coming to my dmeetings and motivating the rest of the team!!

Good luck and we'll be cheering you on. Show her what you can do!!

ChefBeckyD said:
Oh - and I forgot to say that I LOVE the picture of (I'm assuming) you and your baby.....set that on your table at shows, and watch those women melt....and book shows!:D
Yes Becky that is my baby, he is almost 2 (March 14) now and he is so special to me. We have another one on the way, (May 19) and we just found out that it is going to be another boy.....

I do take pictures of him to the shows because I tell people that he is the reason I do what I do......To make money to send him to school.

You guys on this forum are so special, thanks for all of the replies. I needed this boost of encouragement and inspiration. I dont feel so alone now.

Eric~
Please, please, PLEASE do not let someone else's issues ruin ANYTHING for you! Grow your business and your team!! With all the fabulous Cheffers here, you have a ready made hospitality cluster! By all means call HO and explain your predicament and get yourself to a cluster meeting for real!

We are ALL cheering you on and will be the loudest section when you walk!

ericmcbean said:
You guys on this forum are so special, thanks for all of the replies. I needed this boost of encouragement and inspiration. I dont feel so alone now.
Your never alone when you hang with us cheffers. Even if its just online. I feel closer to people here than to people I actually know.

Eric, there *are* good directors in Michigan!My hospitality director is in Haslett - that's a bit far for you to drive I'm sure, but there WILL be other great directors here!Heck, maybe someday you and I and other consultants from Mid-Michigan can get together for a little meet and greet.... I'm in between Flint and Lansing...

I agree with everyone else! The only way to get rid of her is PASS HER BY!

I had to overcome similar situations when a cluster mate told me that I would never get anywhere with PC because I was so young. I joined when I was 19, and just turned 22 about to become a director! I am a b*tch like that, but I love to shoot her looks as I accept my recongition!

See, Eric! I told you CS is FAMILY!!

We care about each other!

Eric- your Director is full of BULL! There were 5 men in the New Director walk at Leadership. I can't vouch for all of them, but one carried a picture of a gorgeous woman with him, who my cluster all thought was his wife.I agree with the general consensus here that you just need to promote so you don't have to deal with her any more!

jenniferp417 said:
Heck, maybe someday you and I and other consultants from Mid-Michigan can get together for a little meet and greet.... I'm in between Flint and Lansing...

Jennifer, that sounds great. I know where you are at. I grew up in Durand and my dad and stepmom lives in Corunna. And I have an Aunt that lives in Perry. I would love to meet you and your cluster mates.

gilliandanielle said:
I had to overcome similar situations when a cluster mate told me that I would never get anywhere with PC because I was so young. I joined when I was 19, and just turned 22 about to become a director! I am a b*tch like that, but I love to shoot her looks as I accept my recongition!

That sounds like bull, Dont they know that the young always make it cause we are full of SPUNK.

Best Wishes

Eric,

I also smiled to see a post from you because I'm from Lapeer, Michigan and my dad still lives in Columbiaville and drives to Flint everyday to work!:eek:

I think everyone here has given you AWESOME advice and yes, for all us of, this is our *Hospitatlity Cluster*!!:D I know I come on here first before I call my recruiter to see if anything new is going on that I missed out on!:p

I also agree that the only way you can show here is to pick up the pieces from her discouragement, start making phone calls and start doing shows again. I wouldn't talk to her but show her (she can see your sales through CC) and when she does call (If she does) don't answer it. you know she'll want to be there when you're doing really good. Wouldn't she be ticked if you shot past her? Man, I say go for it! You have us!!!:D

chefann said:
Eric- your Director is full of BULL! There were 5 men in the New Director walk at Leadership. I can't vouch for all of them, but one carried a picture of a gorgeous woman with him, who my cluster all thought was his wife.
Yes, that was awesome! I loved seeing that during the Director walk!! Eric, you will have to do the same when YOU do your New Director walk!! I am in full agreement with everyone else. It was totally crappy of her to say that to you. I can't even imagine discouraging someone in this business-no matter WHAT the reason! Keep your chin up and, yes, you came to the right place. So glad you found us!!!

Eric,
It sucks that you have a sh*tty Director, but don't let her narrow-mindedness rob you of your dreams and goals!
You have a virtual cluster here to cheer you on!
And just to let you know, there is a male director in our cluster, straight and happily married for 20+ years and guess what? He was the top seller in our cluster for 2006 with $70,000 + in sales.
Tell you director to stick that in her pipe and smoke it! LOL!

Well Eric - welcome to our disfunctional family:D :D :D

We all watch out for each other around her. You sound like a guy with pure motivation - you have been doing AOK for the past four moths without her I assume??? Lean on us - lean on the offers of others around you...

I just promoted to Director in January and I can't even believe that someone would treat their teammates in such a manner - THEY ARE THE REASON I PROMOTED!!! I get busy at times and forget to call my recruits - BUT - I would never do anything to humiliate them:eek: :eek:

I am very fortuneate to have a fab Senior Director - and an Awesome Executive Directorwhom I call on a regular basis...without their wisedom and support I probably wouldn't have made it through my last recruit qualifying...lean on them...give your upline a call - doens't sound like it could get much worse - could it:eek:

My mates here on this site were inspirational at helping me through the rough spots as well - lean on us!!! We'll be here for ya....

Eric call HO and see what they say I wish you the best! I think it's great men love Pampered Chef! YOU ROCK! :) I have 2 recruits and I try to help as much as I can. I even place their shows for them. so I hope HO can help..
Darlene from Ca,

I agree with what everyone else has said....the best way to show her up is to promote, and then pass her by;) Once you promote you can have your own meetings & such for your recruits.
It sounds like you've got your motivation; and now you've found us here~we're all here for ya too! This is a wonderful place to come for new ideas & support.
Good luck to you:)

Eric, don't let her win!!!! If you really want to you can succeed in this business and take it wherever YOU want to! Get on the ball and get your business rolling. Find yourself a team and promote and be done with this person who is so non-inspiring! You can do it! Remember why you decided to become a consultant and stick with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't David Meenen straight? And, he is the top sales person in Pampered Chef.

Also, I met a man yesterday who loves to cook, loves his wife and is interested in becoming a consultant.

Keep us posted. :) We are here for you and want to cheer you on as you succeed!

Yea Eric! See - you connected w/ Jennifer from Laingsburg, and she has a cluster meeting in Haslett......that's drivable once a month!!! You can do this!
It'a so funny to here all these small towns named - I grew up in that area, but rarely make it back there - only occasianally to do a show for my best friend from High School - who now lives in Owosso (throw out another name there!:D ).
I have a 2 1/2 yr old who is very precious to me (and My DH!) too - and I often show his picture at shows - because he is the reason I do this too!

Hi Eric,
I live in Durand and my cluster is in East Lansing and you are more than welcome to come to our meetings. Email me and we can set something up!
Sally Wilhite

If you get a Hospitality Director...who gets the overrides on you?

I agree with everyone else, but let me play Devil's Advocate......

Won't that poor excuse for a director still recieve commissions for his sales! That doesn't seem quite right!

Forget her and go for it!!! If you need a break, perhaps going inactive for a year might be worth it, if not.....you can do ANYTHING you set your mind too. I LOVE MEN WHO CAN COOK!!!!! What a great asset to your business!

klsnyder said:
If you get a Hospitality Director...who gets the overrides on you?

His original director would still get the overrides.

mom2leelee said:

That's just wrong......Especially since she's not being supportive of his aspirations!

Hi, Eric. I'm so sorry that you are stuck with such a small-minded director. Lump me in with all of the others here encouraging you to keep at it. Success is the BEST revenge.

I also agree with those who have encouraged you to call the HO. I cannot imagine that they would want you to put up with that kind of abuse. They may not let you switch directors, but they probably will allow you to find a hospitality director.

I also cannot imagine that they want a Director telling people that kind of stuff. Please report her. If the HO doesn't know, they can't stop her.

Hang in there. And, congratulations on your expanding family!

I've been in the business for 8 years & I just promoted in July to Director.......but for those 8 years I've done it by myself my director isn't the greatest even when I promoted it was like I didn't do it.... so I would just go for it b/c it can be done I'm here to tell you.

The only way that you can promote & advance past your Director is if she looses Directorship b/c believe me I've thought of plans to do this........someday soon it might happen.

I would go to your upline Director & talk to her she/he will listen & then help you achieve what ever goal you have. That's what I did & I'm telling you it works!

Go for it!!
Anne

Everyone, Thanks for the support. I would talk to my upline director and talk with her, however, I do not know who she is. I was told that she lives in Detroit somewhere. Any advice on how to locate her.

Don't go inactive just because the Director gets overrides. Just EXCEL, and prove her wrong.
If you go inactive for a year so you can resign will you have the same determination/motivation? Probably not, your life will be full of 2 kids and their needs and it will be easier to not resign.
GO FOR IT!! You can do it,
Teresa

Your upline directors name will be on your commssion statemnt when you view it online!!
Teresa

Eric, I'm in the Detroit area and know some of the directors under my Senior Director. Who is yours? Maybe I can help track someone down for you.

If you post the Upline folks from your commission statement, that will give a nice line of sponsorship that we can track down.

mom2leelee said:
The hospitality director doesn't get anything unless the "real" director decides to send her something to off-set any costs for incentives that the hospitality director has. Most hospitality directors do not expect anything more. The consultants who attend Hospitality meetings are usually excited and add a lot to the meetings. Also, the fuller the room the more fun and the more ideas shared!

As a hospitality director with 2 that are not in my downline, I LOVE having them here! One of their directors has sent me reimbersement but the other won't even share her recruit's stats with me. The world is full of different people.

My FD and her team live in TX and attend hospitality meetings and Ginny Hutchings (she's a member of CS) is an AWESOME hospitality director! She treats all consultants as though she recruited them. I can only hope my "guests" feel that way too!

I had a Director recruit my step-sister knowing that she had a sister who was a Director in another state (me in Colorado).
My Exec told me that my step sister could contact the HO and request to be reassigned.
Maybe you could do the same.
It's too bad for her. I'd LOVE to have someone like you on my team!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Porchechef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
  • almondfarm