• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Say Goodbye to Long Lines: Share Your Experiences with Stamps.com

if its over 16 oz. they just have to take it to the post office and you dont have to bring it with you. Ive never had a problem with it.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I'm tired of standing in line at the PO.
Do any of you use stamps.com
and if so... I'd love hear your thoughts
and experiences.
TIA

I use Endicia.com and have been using it for years - love it.
If you decide to join, let me know as we'll both get a free month

I just use the usps.com I can print off the postage at home and just affix it to what I'm mailing. I don't have to stand in line, I can just drop it off with the teller (even if she's working with someone). Or you can schedule pick-up and your mail person will come get it from you. This is FREE (you pay for the postage) AND the postage costs less if you pay online versus at the Post Office. You may want to try that. I did buy an inexpensive scale at Office Depot, but that is a one-time fee.

Chef Kearns said:
I just use the usps.com I can print off the postage at home and just affix it to what I'm mailing. I don't have to stand in line, I can just drop it off with the teller (even if she's working with someone). Or you can schedule pick-up and your mail person will come get it from you. This is FREE (you pay for the postage) AND the postage costs less if you pay online versus at the Post Office. You may want to try that. I did buy an inexpensive scale at Office Depot, but that is a one-time fee.

I tried this for awhile. If it's over 14 oz or whatever aren't you still supposed to bring it to the post office?? I had a whole bunch of my priority mail flat rate envelopes come back (host packets) because they were over the 13 or 14 oz and I couldn't mail them from the pick up at my mailbox. Have you had problems with that?

Chef Kearns said:

I do this as well. If it is over 16 oz., it does have to be handed to someone at the PO but they do offer pick up service so you would not have to go to the PO and wait.

pamperedbecky said:
I tried this for awhile. If it's over 14 oz or whatever aren't you still supposed to bring it to the post office?? I had a whole bunch of my priority mail flat rate envelopes come back (host packets) because they were over the 13 or 14 oz and I couldn't mail them from the pick up at my mailbox. Have you had problems with that?

I have been mailing my host packets from home for a long time and I have NEVER had them come back. I would have been:mad: I wonder if it depends on your mail man? I just bought a scale today so I could start to mail my receipts from home too.:) I have never used the schedule option for the mail man, I always wondered what that was for. We have a pretty friendly mail guy though. Also you can order free priority mail flat rate envelopes on the website and they deliver.

And can you just print the flat rate postage online then as well? That's how I mail all my host packets.

dannyzmom said:
I use Endicia.com and have been using it for years - love it.
If you decide to join, let me know as we'll both get a free month

I'll check this out... Thanks!

Chef Kearns said:

I do the exact same thing. I think it depends on your mail person b/c i've yet to have a packet be returned.

I have not figured out how to use USPS for 1st class - only for priority - can someone help me?

I use a postage printer from Pitney Bowes. It's called Stamp express. It costs me $4.95 a month and i can print my own stamps in any denomination by ordering them online and then it is downloaded to the printer. If I need a stamp for $1.39 I print one. If I need first class stamps I print them. I've had it for 3 years and love it.

I use USPS.com for most stuff. You can only print the priority postage online. I also have a scale and various stamps at home so I very very rarely need to go to the PO. I even order my stamps and priority envelopes online!With the printed postage label from USPS.com, you DO NOT have to go to the post office. The rule applies to STAMPED mail only. I asked at my post office and they told me I could drop my flat rate envelopes (host packets) in the drop box or my carrier can pick them up. If you buy the prepaid priority stamps, then YES, you have to bring it in.I've been doing it this way for 2+ years and it works for me!

baychef said:
I do this as well. If it is over 16 oz., it does have to be handed to someone at the PO but they do offer pick up service so you would not have to go to the PO and wait.

It's actually a 13oz. limit-- if it's over 13 oz it has to be handed to a teller at the post office. It's one of those lovely 9/11 rules.

I am like Deb...print Priority Mail postage from USPS.com and use misc. stamps for smaller items. If you have a Priority Mail Envelope (or box) with postage printed from the USPS website, you can leave it in your mailbox for pickup or drop it in a mail box since they can track the purchase.

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!!!! This is all SO helpful!!!! I am so thankful to feel freed from that trek to the PO! THANKS!

Nanisu said:
I use a postage printer from Pitney Bowes. It's called Stamp express. It costs me $4.95 a month and i can print my own stamps in any denomination by ordering them online and then it is downloaded to the printer. If I need a stamp for $1.39 I print one. If I need first class stamps I print them. I've had it for 3 years and love it.

Are there any other expenses? LIke - do you need a special printer? Special label paper?

jwpamp said:
It's actually a 13oz. limit-- if it's over 13 oz it has to be handed to a teller at the post office. It's one of those lovely 9/11 rules.

Oops...sorry for the misinformation. My post office ladies told me over a pound awhile back so who knows...they may have told me 13 oz. It has become one of those lost facts in my head. If my mail person is delivering mail and I see her...I can just hand it to her as well...love that!

DebbieJ said:
I use USPS.com for most stuff. You can only print the priority postage online. I also have a scale and various stamps at home so I very very rarely need to go to the PO. I even order my stamps and priority envelopes online!

With the printed postage label from USPS.com, you DO NOT have to go to the post office. The rule applies to STAMPED mail only. I asked at my post office and they told me I could drop my flat rate envelopes (host packets) in the drop box or my carrier can pick them up. If you buy the prepaid priority stamps, then YES, you have to bring it in.

I've been doing it this way for 2+ years and it works for me!

Ok, thanks!! That was the difference....I was using stamps. So I'll have to print the priority postage online then. That makes sense...then they can track it. Do you just print up the priority postage on regular paper and tape it on? Or does it have to be on some sort of sticker/label paper?

yes, regular paper and I tape it on with packing tape.

I love sending this way because it saves 15 cents for each packet sent and it is so much easier than keeping track of those smaller receipts.

Good point Ann--when you print it online it's also a tad cheaper and delivery confirmation is INCLUDED for free!

Related to Say Goodbye to Long Lines: Share Your Experiences with Stamps.com

1. How does Stamps.com help me say goodbye to long lines at the post office?

Stamps.com is an online postage service that allows you to print your own postage from the comfort of your home or office. This means you can skip the long lines at the post office and save time and hassle.

2. Is Stamps.com easy to use?

Yes, Stamps.com is very user-friendly and simple to use. All you need is a computer, printer, and internet connection. You can easily navigate the website to purchase and print postage for your packages and envelopes.

3. Can I use Stamps.com for both domestic and international shipments?

Yes, Stamps.com offers postage options for both domestic and international shipments. You can print postage for a variety of mail classes including First Class, Priority, Express, and international options like Global Express Guaranteed and First Class International.

4. Are there any extra fees or contracts with Stamps.com?

No, there are no extra fees or contracts with Stamps.com. You only pay for the postage you use and there are no hidden fees. Stamps.com offers flexible plans to fit your shipping needs without any long-term commitments.

5. How do I track my packages with Stamps.com?

Stamps.com allows you to track your packages directly on their website. Simply enter your tracking number and you can easily see the status of your shipment and any updates along the way.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
raebates
  • pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • raebates