• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Save Big on Grocery Bills with Delicious Recipes from S/S SB

In summary, the grocery bill is going to be HUGE. Just made up my list to practice some of the new recipes in the S/S SB.
pkd09
Silver Member
My grocery bill is going to be HUGE. Just made up my list to practice some of the new recipes in the S/S SB.

Aloha Pizza
Creamy One-Pot Pasta
Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad
Mini Glazed Lemon Cakes
Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries
Pina Colada Upside Down Cake

Deducting the ingredients...Priceless!!!!!

I always have to remind DH when I want to try recipes that it comes out of my PC account and it's deductable. I LOVE the Aloha Pizza. Just a tip, instead of buying two smaller dough tubes, get the one that says 33% for free. It fits the bar pan perfectly with a little bit of stretching. As for the rest of the recipes, the deluxe cheeseburger salad, lemon cakes and chocolate velvet cake are to die for! I haven't tried the other ones but the one pot pasta is on my list this weekend. Along with the lorainne quiche things.

Greek Torta - yum!Chocolate Cake - yum!Power Cooking - sloppy joes - not bad - kids likes them - I wouldn't RAVE over them but good.Jerk Chicken Nachos - I make these with beef and eat them ALL the time - I have about a hundred variations to them!I've had the cheeseburger salad and moroccan chicken at a meeting but can't wait to try them myself!I'm also looking forward to the watermelon and peach salsa - I've had variants before that have been good - this will be a spring hit I think.Cabash Chicken looks good...Too much food - too little time...

Tax deduction--woohooooo!!!!Aloha Pizza is probably one of my all time fav PC recipes. You can get by with just one pizza crust as those tend to be expensive.I made Casbah Chix for dinner two nights ago. DH and I enjoyed it and even DS (4 yo) at the chicken out of it. :eek:

janetupnorth said:
Greek Torta - yum!

Chocolate Cake - yum!

Power Cooking - sloppy joes - not bad - kids likes them - I wouldn't RAVE over them but good.

Jerk Chicken Nachos - I make these with beef and eat them ALL the time - I have about a hundred variations to them!

I've had the cheeseburger salad and moroccan chicken at a meeting but can't wait to try them myself!

I'm also looking forward to the watermelon and peach salsa - I've had variants before that have been good - this will be a spring hit I think.

Cabash Chicken looks good...

Too much food - too little time...

I agree! I need to try two more recipes this weekend for my S/S shows. I've mailed out one host packet already, had to tell her that I'll follow up with the menu since I needed a little bit longer to try more of them.

Love the Jerk Chicken Nachos but even better when we made them as tacos!

Cannot wait to try the Greek Cheese Torta this weekend.

wadesgirl said:
I haven't tried the other ones but the one pot pasta is on my list this weekend. Along with the lorainne quiche things.
Made this on Wednesday for dinner - DELISH!! I'm not a huge, huge fan of sun dried tomatoes, so in the future, I'll probably only use half of the jar in a batch, and I'm planning to add fresh mushrooms to it. If you wanted a dinner with meat, grilled chicken or even grilled salmon or shrimp would be good in it. DH even liked it, and he's not usually fond of non-meat dinners.

And, for those who are looking for a meatless recipe for Fridays in Lent (like today), this would be a good one.

I was made the one pot pasta but I couldnt find sun dried tomatoes were do you find them??

I couldn't at one grocery store, but at another they were near the pickles and olives, with the other jarred condimenty things (like capers and pearl onions).

I was going to put chicken in it to make it more of a dinner. DH isn't too excited about it but I'm going to make him at least try it.

At Walmart i found them over by the pickles, then they were also over by the diced tomato, sauce, paste and stuff. I think they were like $3.82 a jar.

I was also thinking about the watermelon & peach salsa but watermelon right now, not so sure of the taste. Let me know how it is. I love the idea of adding chicken to the One Pot Pasta. I also think my DH would like that over a meatless dish. There are so many I want to do in this new SB. I have not tried the Jerk Chicken Nachos, but always wanted to. I will have to add that to my list since so many of you love them.

Jennie4PC said:
I was made the one pot pasta but I couldnt find sun dried tomatoes were do you find them??

By me, they are on the ledge in produce and sometimes an endcap right by the fresh tomatoes.

They also have them in the canned goods aisles.

Don't be afraid to just walk up to the customer service counter and ask. :D

janetupnorth said:
By me, they are on the ledge in produce and sometimes an endcap right by the fresh tomatoes.

They also have them in the canned goods aisles.

Don't be afraid to just walk up to the customer service counter and ask. :D

Apparently you haven't shopped where I live. The customer service counters are usually full of people (bill pay, concert tickets, lottery, etc) and you can never find anyone in the aisles. I've spent alot of time trying to find certain items, drives me nuts.

If your store has a little section of specialty Italian items, the sun dried tomatoes might be there, too.

I had a heck of a time finding the sun-dried tomatoes tonight and did find them in the specialty food dept. Also had a problem finding the unsweetened coconut milk and it also was in the specialty food isle. Can't wait to get in the kitchen and try some recipes.

Trader Joes has lots of specialty items for cheap.

janetupnorth said:
Too much food - too little time...

So if the ingredients are tax deductible...shouldn't a gym membership be also? If we taste test all these recipes we are going to need to do something to work them off! :D

GeorgiaPeach said:
So if the ingredients are tax deductible...shouldn't a gym membership be also? If we taste test all these recipes we are going to need to do something to work them off! :D

I second that, i have gained 10 lbs since october. Working my but off to lose it and the weight i already needed to lose!:cry:

I'm a vegetarian, so I was planning to make the One Pot Pasta with vegetable broth instead of chicken, has anyone tried this if so how was it?

I haven't made it that way, but I imagine it would be pretty good.

daniellemorgan said:
I'm a vegetarian, so I was planning to make the One Pot Pasta with vegetable broth instead of chicken, has anyone tried this if so how was it?

I don't think it would make that much of a difference.

Question since I'm curious... Do you offer recipes that have meat in them for your shows or stick to vegetarian recipes? Just curious.

I base the recipes on how many people are attending. I haven't had big turnouts yet, so I've been sticking to appetizers and desserts. I don't object to using meat it just hasn't come up.

daniellemorgan said:
I base the recipes on how many people are attending. I haven't had big turnouts yet, so I've been sticking to appetizers and desserts. I don't object to using meat it just hasn't come up.

There you go, that makes sense.

What is "Save Big on Grocery Bills with Delicious Recipes from S/S SB"?

"Save Big on Grocery Bills with Delicious Recipes from S/S SB" is a cookbook filled with affordable and tasty recipes that can help you save money on your grocery bills. It is a great resource for anyone looking to cut down on their food expenses without sacrificing flavor.

Who is the author of "Save Big on Grocery Bills with Delicious Recipes from S/S SB"?

The author of "Save Big on Grocery Bills with Delicious Recipes from S/S SB" is the culinary team at Pampered Chef. They have years of experience creating delicious and budget-friendly meals that anyone can make at home.

What types of recipes are included in "Save Big on Grocery Bills with Delicious Recipes from S/S SB"?

This cookbook includes a variety of recipes from different cuisines such as Italian, Mexican, Asian, and more. It also includes recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. All of the recipes are designed to be both affordable and delicious.

Are the ingredients for the recipes in "Save Big on Grocery Bills with Delicious Recipes from S/S SB" easy to find?

Yes, the ingredients for the recipes in this cookbook are easy to find at any grocery store. They are all common ingredients that you may already have in your pantry or can easily pick up at an affordable price.

Can I use the recipes in "Save Big on Grocery Bills with Delicious Recipes from S/S SB" to meal prep?

Absolutely! One of the great things about this cookbook is that many of the recipes are perfect for meal prepping. You can make a large batch of a recipe and store it in the fridge or freezer to enjoy later in the week, saving you time and money in the long run.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JDooley
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
hollye44
  • heat123