• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Salt & Pepper Grinders 'Leaking'?

In summary, Amanda's former customers house had a set of our grinders, and when she set them down, they left salt and pepper where they were sitting. She uses our salt and pepper in them, and they just leave a pile behind. The stand that was made for the grinders helps to contain the mess. Some people have complained about the grinders leaking, but it's likely because all grinders do this.
WLMcCoy
I was just at a former customers house, & saw she had a set of our grinders. I asked her if she liked them & she said yes and no. When she sets her grinders down, they leave salt & pepper where they were sitting. She uses our salt & pepper in them, they just leave a pile behind. Anyone else have this problem, or is this a defect in her's?

Yes that happens with mine, but I think and this is a BIG I THINK..... that is why they made the stand so it would have something to leak into?? I could be wrong. Mine does the same thing, but I like them so much better now that I have the stand:)

Last edited:
I have the same issue but got the stand. I just love them.

I did hear from my director that it is why they came up with the stand! Mine leave little piles, too and I will be ordering a stand this month.

I have several sets from Target to Williams Sonoma they all do that after use, tap them over the food you just seasoned

That's right Theresa...they all do that...give them a little tap over your food when you are done seasoning it. Mine leave a little bit of it behind but I would not say a "pile"...just a mess!

Thanks everyone!! I will recommend the stand! ;)

Teresa Lynn said:
I have several sets from Target to Williams Sonoma they all do that after use, tap them over the food you just seasoned

It's a natural part of the grinders. Unless you tap it all off after you use it, there is still some left in the grinders.

Mine do it too so I also got the stand. I LOVE it & the grinders!!

I only have one that I use for salt and it does that too. I just put a paper towel under it on the counter. I will eventually get another one and the stand, but for now the paper towel works fine.

I didn't know about the tapping after use. Thanks for the hint. Mine also leaks the excess.

The stand won't prevent it, only contain the mess :)

I agree, I don't have our grinders yet, but do have good grinders, and they just do that... it's not a defect w/ PC's. :)

I'm so glad they made the grinder stand, because it really does help to contain the "mess". I still wish they could make little caps for them, so we can transport them to shows with minimal mess. (I can't remember if I sent that idea in is a product suggestion or not, so I don't want to bug them again with it.) It's more of a suggestion for us consultants, than for the general public, because really the grinder stand is a great thing.

Amanda, I put mine in a zippered bag for transport. That contains the escaping salt and pepper.

raebates said:
Amanda, I put mine in a zippered bag for transport. That contains the escaping salt and pepper.

Yeah, that's what I've been doing as well. I just hate to waste all that good stuff as it tumbles around the bag! :rolleyes:

I don't lose too much. I've been carrying it in the pocket of my tote, so it doesn't jostle around too much. Maybe you can find a place to carry it where it's as stable as possible.ETA: If there's something you regularly use salt & pepper in, the stuff in the zippered bag doesn't have to be wasted. I sprinkle it over steaks and/or burgers.

Yeah, and I think I'll try to make sure to shake it out as much as possible into a prep bowl or something before. I think I was just grabbing it quickly and not thinking about all the excess that was on it. The last time I took it, I actually just grabbed the holder and everything and set it down in my carry all bag in it's own little section and it was protected and worked well. But most times my bags are pretty stuffed and I'm not sure if I can always reserve a spot like that for it. :)

mine does that and I agree that is why they came out with the stand and I have sold some and people haven't complained at all about them leaking I think they know that is what is going to happen. I am still selling them and they mention anything about them leaking...

I think the reason there haven't been any complaints is that all grinders do that. I've had several. Tapping them after grinding cuts down on the amount, but there's always some loss.

I tighten mine up after each use... That helps, too.

That is, I loosen the top to grind & then tighten it back up before I set it back down on the counter... Hope that makes sense.... lol

This isn't about the grinders leaking . . .but my stand doesn't match the grinder's tops. The stand is much lighter. Does anyone else's not match?

I hadn't really noticed, but I just checked. My stand is lighter than the grinders, but the coordinate well.

raebates said:

I put my grinders in the stand store/transport them all together in the original box the stand was in. Works for me!

Mine used to leak too, but since I tightened up the "nut" on the top, they don't leak. I also use the stand and just love the way everything looks.

My previous Wal-Mart grinder didn't SEEM to do that with peppercorns ... but it did when I started using it for salt! We use the PC grinder for pepper now b/c we like the pepper less fine. Perhaps salt gets through easier? I tap after use and still seem to have a puddle ... I use the bamboo tray for all my assorted spices and things.

Related to Salt & Pepper Grinders 'Leaking'?

1. Why is my salt and pepper grinder leaking?

There could be a few reasons why your salt and pepper grinder is leaking. It could be due to overfilling the grinder, using wet or damp salt or pepper, or a faulty seal. Make sure to only fill the grinder with dry salt or pepper and check the seal for any damage.

2. How can I prevent my salt and pepper grinder from leaking?

To prevent your salt and pepper grinder from leaking, make sure to only fill it with dry salt or pepper and avoid using wet or damp ingredients. Check the seal for any damage and replace it if needed. Also, make sure to tighten the grinder securely after each use.

3. Can I fix a leaking salt and pepper grinder?

If your salt and pepper grinder is leaking due to a faulty seal, you may be able to fix it by replacing the seal. However, if the grinder is damaged or the leak is caused by overfilling or using wet ingredients, it may not be fixable and a replacement may be necessary.

4. Is it normal for salt and pepper grinders to leak?

No, it is not normal for salt and pepper grinders to leak. If your grinder is leaking, it could be due to a faulty seal or improper use. Be sure to follow the instructions for use and check for any damage to the grinder or seal.

5. Can I return a leaking salt and pepper grinder?

If your salt and pepper grinder is leaking due to a faulty seal or damage, you may be able to return it for a replacement or refund, depending on the company's return policy. Be sure to contact customer service for assistance with returning the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TJMagoo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • KellyM
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
KellyM
  • JulieHaak