• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remembering the Late Bernie Mac: A Tribute to His Legacy in Ocean's 11

In summary, Bernie Mac died of pneumonia and had sarcoidosis, which is an incurable lung disease. He was 50 years old.)
nicki25
Silver Member
I can't believe that Bernie Mac died today. I loved him in Ocean's 11.

I LOVED HIM! Especially when he would say "Now lissen here Amerricah" Uh! That is awful- he was so young- what happened???

I should specify that I liked him as a comedian and thought his sitcom was really funny- That's where it ends... His non-sitcom stuff was pretty irrevrent...

Apparently he had pneumonia but also had some kind of lung something or other but was recovering and his spokesperson said yesterday he was "stable".

Its so sad these young 50-somethings dying...

He had sarcoidosis which caused the lung problems. My grandfather is in the hospital right now, he has this same disease. There is no cure or treatment. It is an awful way to watch someone die, I can't imagine dieing from it.

Oh my....one of our friends when we lived in CA was a writer on his show. He said it was a great place to work. Wow.

RIP Bernie. He was genuinely funny. :cry:

It's so sad, he was a good actor. Way too young to die.

Such a sad thing!!

Such a sad loss - true talent - may he rest in peace and his family treasure the memories they have of him.........

So young, so sad. My dad loved him and his show! May peace be with him and his family.

Regardless of how anyone feels about his comedy (I can't stand behind all of it, but a lot of his movies were funny!), it's just sad to know that his family doesn't have him around anymore. 50 is WAY too young. So sad...

Wow, I missed this. So sad!

How horrible...DH really loved his sitcom!

That is just awful!!! Wow...his poor family...

I always liked Bernie, so sad. He will be missed :(

So sad and at such a young age. He certainly masked his illness. I think everyone was shocked that he had such a disease in addition to his passing. One of his friends said that the world was saddened today but heaven certainly got funnier. Prayers to his wife, children, family and friends.

He was very young! I can't believe he's gone! He could really make me laugh! How very sad! RIP Bernie Mac!:(

Kitchen Diva said:
I LOVED HIM! Especially when he would say "Now lissen here Amerricah" Uh! That is awful- he was so young- what happened???

Me too!! I loved his dialogues during his show!! I watched the show just to see what he would do and say. Man it stinks he had to die so young. My prayers are with his family.

It's almost midnight and I just heard about this on this thread! So sad...

Wow....that is truly sad. He was a funny comedian.

Related to Remembering the Late Bernie Mac: A Tribute to His Legacy in Ocean's 11

1. Who was Bernie Mac?

Bernie Mac was a beloved comedian and actor known for his roles in films such as "Ocean's 11" and his own television show, "The Bernie Mac Show." He passed away in 2008 at the age of 50.

2. What is the significance of the tribute to Bernie Mac in "Ocean's 11"?

The tribute to Bernie Mac in "Ocean's 11" serves as a way to honor his legacy and contributions to the film industry. He played a memorable role as the funny and lovable Frank Catton in the film, and his presence will always be remembered.

3. How did Bernie Mac's death impact the cast and crew of "Ocean's 11"?

The cast and crew of "Ocean's 11" were deeply saddened by Bernie Mac's passing. He was a talented and cherished member of the team, and his absence was felt by all. The tribute to him in the film was a way to pay their respects and keep his memory alive.

4. Was Bernie Mac involved in any other films before "Ocean's 11"?

Yes, Bernie Mac had a successful career in both film and television. Some of his other notable films include "Mr. 3000," "Transformers," and "Guess Who."

5. Is there any way to support Bernie Mac's legacy and honor his memory?

Yes, there are several ways to support Bernie Mac's legacy and honor his memory. This can include watching his films and television shows, donating to charities in his name, and sharing his comedic talents with others. Additionally, his family has set up the Bernie Mac Foundation to support research and treatment for sarcoidosis, the disease that ultimately took his life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • Gina M
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
thecougchef
  • Chef_2_Four