• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Regional Event in Hilliard, OH: What Should I Wear?

In summary, the regional event is a smaller scale meeting that will give you the opportunity to learn more about the new products coming out this fall. KrisWhats the regional event?
chefheather
I can't wait for tomorrow's event! I'm at my full-time today, just itching for tomorrow to be here. I had so much fun last year and can't wait for tomorrow's event. Anyone else feel the same way?

If you are going, can I ask what you are planning on wearing? I'm not sure if I want to dress up or just wear jeans. Your thoughts?

We're having our regional event on the last Monday of this month. I've never been to one before....what are they like?

I'll be there! I am getting excited too!
I think I am wearing jeans and a sweater. Hope that's OK, I have never been to a regional meeting like this before.
If you went last year, what did most people dress in?
Thanks!!

I'll be there tomorrow too! I've never been either, and have no idea what to expect. I've never been to conference or anything either! I guess I didn't think about what to wear! lol

I hope it is a lot of fun. I was worried it might not be when I saw it was all day, but I'm sure it'll be fun!

Though, I've never been to NC from what I hear it's like a mini NC. Last years event was a hotel and we started out in a big room and had an opening session, we then rotated though different topics/tables in a common area: we learned about the wedding registry, new products, how to set up a table at a fair/craft show/etc and there was a couple other topics. We then regrouped for lunch and then broke out into various mini sessions on recruiting, sales, host coaching, etc. And to end the day we watched a cooking show live. It was awesome! I'm sure tomorrow's event will be just as good.

I went to this last year and am unable to go tomorrow. It was a lot of fun. Lots of good tips and ideas. Also, a lot of time to talk with others. I remember dressing more business casual (like what they want us to wear at conference). I think I wore kakhi's and a nice sweater. Have fun and take lots of notes.

I was pregnant last year and remember thinking I'm wearing something comfortable. I was in jeans. There was a mixed crowd, but jeans wasn't uncommon. I just wanted to get a pulse for what others were going to wear, that's all.

I went today! And am glad I did! Attended last year's too.
What do you all think? I thought Julie was fantastic! I bought the "Designing an Amazing Party Experience" and have it on right now even.

Oh, the event was less than five minutes from my house and right next to my warm season walk/run trail (the Heritage Trail).

The facility was much better than the hotel last year, and I liked having it all one thing rather than breaking up in to workshops. We got to spend a lot more productive time than all the time it takes moving around and regrouping.

So what did you all think about closing the show the same night? I thought she stated her case very effectively and want to do it!

Oh, I wore more business casual, want to look and feel like a director before I actually get there. Last year I wore jeans. : )

Kris

whats the regional event? I just got my kit on Thursday so I still don't know a lot. TIA
Terra

Terra~

First off, congratulations on starting your own business!

Each year we are all invited to attend National Conference which is held in Chicago (where PC began...Home office is there) in July. This is a 2.5 day event where you all meet in one auditorium for "general sessions" where there are speakers and where we all learn about the new products that will be coming out that fall.

Regional is a much smaller scale (think 350 people instead of 3,500 people) and is a day long affair. Today's speaker was a coach for direct sell businesses. She actually started off doing direct sales years ago and was very successful. Now, she just coaches other DS people how to duplicate what she did. (Even though she sold candles...) She had a ton of really good ideas that would be easy for anyone to implement into their shows, even if you are a somewhat shy person like I am.

Sorry if I am rambling, I just got home from there (long story, car trouble with some of our cluster mates...) and I have been up since 4 AM.

Speaking of which, I am sooooooo tired, so:
'night all!

Thank you that helps a lot :)
Terra

Kris,

I thought yesterday was great! My head was swimming with all her great ideas. I thought Julie was great and her ideas seemed so simple...I can't wait to have my next show and try her ideas. I also like the idea of closing the show the night of the party. Now, I just have to start coaching my hosts that way, so they are prepared for that. I think it's a win/win for everyone.

I got to sit at the same table with Darla! I couldn't believe it, it was awesome - even though she was often running around attending to the events of the day. Oh and just in case you are wondering, Darla sends the invitations for her hosts (she doesn't ask for postage..but I guess she doesn't really have too) and she also picks up the needed ingredients (again, on her dime). Maybe there is something to it....

I wasn't able to purchase any of ther CD's yesterday, but I will soon! This way I can pick up on other ideas that I didn't catch yesterday.

chefheather said:
Kris,

I got to sit at the same table with Darla! I couldn't believe it, it was awesome - even though she was often running around attending to the events of the day. Oh and just in case you are wondering, Darla sends the invitations for her hosts (she doesn't ask for postage..but I guess she doesn't really have too) and she also picks up the needed ingredients (again, on her dime). Maybe there is something to it....

I am guessing you are talking about Darla Oelmann, if so, she was at our Cluster meeting in January !! She sat at one table and then moved to ours. I sat next to her, although it wasn't hard to be close, because there was only maybe 12 people at my director's house. She sat and talked to us and fed and burped the newest 'member' of our cluster (he was about 2 months old). We talked just a few minutes (maybe 20 or so and then it was time to go.

You would never guess she was so high up in PC, she seemed just like one of us, and I didn't think anything of it, until I realized she is one of the people in front of every catalog.:eek:

Anyway, Darla was really nice and I am glad you shared your info about what she does... next time I will have to ask her questions :D

Last edited:
chefheather said:
Kris,

Heather--I was at your table too! Wasn't that so cool to sit with Darla?!

I really liked Julie's ideas. I wasn't so sure when she first started, but I was hooked by the afternoon. I bought her Amazing Party Experience & the downloadable files. I listened to it on the way home--I like having the actual words she used.

I'm going to ask my February hosts when I call them next if they would like to close that night/day. One already asked ME to do that. I'm doing it with EVERYONE starting in March! The only show I might not do it for would be a bridal shower--give the bride time to choose her stuff if a bunch of people just give money.

Wow Kris - I didn't make the connection with the name...but it's good to put a face with a virtual cluster member...good to meet you! I do want to get Julie's CD's, but told myself that I have to use my commissions towards those...so time to get to work!

Heather, are you in Lou or Gayle's cluster?

I knew Darla when she was a young director, I think when she was a senior director. maybe Executive...I can't remember, too long ago. She hasn't changed and I was so glad when I came back and saw that.

We had a woman at our table that sold over 100,000 last year!

Kris

Yea, Lou is my director. Darla is wonderful. I've taken her step-up program and couldn't believe how down to earth she is.

I loved yesterday and Julie was fantastic. I bought 2 of her CD's and am anxious to implement some of her ideas. Do you remember the woman who got up and told her story (pink shirt)? THAT WAS ME!!! And yes it is true, I never attended a PC show until I signed my agreement and the first show I attended was my first show as a consultant. :) What are some of the ideas you are going to implement first?

My WOW Do it Now.....I'm redoing my show, writing my script for the opening right now (well taking a break and multi tasking). Also I've listened to the first part of my Amazing Party cd about 10 times already. You have to complete the first homework assignments before going on, so I'm working on that.

Melissa...I know who you are! That is so cool!
I sat next to Lou, she is a wonderful person, I just love her to pieces.

Looks like I won't be able to do the step up to director class until August.

Very cool pkd, are you the one that we had to 'look up' because of? Seemed to be a common phrase yesterday. : )
Great story.

What do you guys think about the invitation idea? (I have to work on that assignment next).

Kris

I'm still thinking about the invitation idea. I mail out the invites now & don't make them pay me for postage (do all my postage as a write off), but that would be 15 more cents PER guest, which changes the amount for 40 guests to around $15. But if it would make the people who come more willing & excited, it might be worth it. I think I'm going to try some other ideas first, like the party date cards, the commercials & ending the show that night first. I am really wanting to try the cheerleader & cop, but I'm kind of quiet & don't know if I could do it--although I think that would make the show really fun & different (& I would like it as a guest).

We're going on vacation this week (driving from IN to FL), so there's a long drive. I think I'm going to work on making up my commercials & story, etc.

By the way--was Rae who went up on stage to do the story example the same Rae who is on CS? I thought I saw a CS pin on her shirt!

chefheather said:
Yea, Lou is my director. Darla is wonderful. I've taken her step-up program and couldn't believe how down to earth she is.

I want to take Darla's May Step Up class. What is it like? How much is it? Where do you stay?

I want to go to the store tomorrow to get things for my opp. gift bags. Does anyone remember everything that went into them? I remember bath beads, tea, candle, chocolate kisses & a greeting card. Was there anything else?

pamperedgirl3 said:
By the way--was Rae who went up on stage to do the story example the same Rae who is on CS? I thought I saw a CS pin on her shirt!

Yes, that was our Rae! I met her during registration/breakfast, but then had to move tables so I didn't get to sit with her for very long!

pamperedgirl3 said:
I want to take Darla's May Step Up class. What is it like? How much is it? Where do you stay?
I am going to the Step Up weekend this weekend. (Boy will my head be mush after yesterday and then this Friday and Saturday!!!)

Darla has a "training center" on her property that holds about 15 people. That's where you stay, so there's no hotel cost. I am really excited now that I heard there will only be so few people there. That way, I am sure that we will each get to know Darla better.

My Director (Therese Holderbaum) has always told me how great Darla is and I was able to spend quite a bit of time with her in January at a special Bed and Breakfast Victorian Tea Luncheon that our Director took us on. I got to sit next to her at that lunch and I agree with those who have said you would never guess how "high" up in PC she is or how much $ she makes. She is one of the most genuine, loving, moral and caring people that I have ever met. It really makes me happy that she is my upline!

Other items in opportunity bag: recruiting info (CD, brochures). Could also include Take 5 candy bar. Also What I Believe .... The greeting card said something like "Take a break and Pamper yourself and consider the possibilities".

pkd09 said:
Other items in opportunity bag: recruiting info (CD, brochures). Could also include Take 5 candy bar. Also What I Believe .... The greeting card said something like "Take a break and Pamper yourself and consider the possibilities".

Thanks-I knew about the PC stuff--I was thinking of things I'd have to go to the store to buy. I'm placing an order this week for the spring paperwork to get the opp brochures & DVD. I believe she mentions what to put on the card in her CD on the Amazing Party. I couldn't remember if she said in the CD about what to put IN the bag or not! Thanks!

KellyTheChef said:
I am going to the Step Up weekend this weekend. (Boy will my head be mush after yesterday and then this Friday and Saturday!!!)

Darla has a "training center" on her property that holds about 15 people. That's where you stay, so there's no hotel cost. I am really excited now that I heard there will only be so few people there. That way, I am sure that we will each get to know Darla better.

Have fun at the training! Instead of mush, maybe your brain will be so full of ideas that you'll recruit like crazy the next month! She told me about the training this weekend, but we're on vacation from the 7th-13th. So the next one I could do is May. Good to know that I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel! Did your director give you a registration form, or how did you sign up? I emailed my director tonight to ask, but am waiting to hear back.

I missed that she's having a step up class in May. Do you guys remember the date of it?
I should do that one.

Kris

ihavethetools said:
I missed that she's having a step up class in May. Do you guys remember the date of it?
I should do that one.

Kris

May 4th and 5th - I only remember that because I related it to my daughter's birthday, which is on the 4th. I highly recommend you go :)

I am hoping my May is booked solid with HWC so I am looking into August. I should be still on a high from Nat'l Conference and this would give me a little more for Fall/Winter. How do we go about registering? I e-mailed by Director but haven't heard back yet.

How do you find out about events like this? I'm in Darla's
downline (not sure how many levels down tho) I've never
heard about any meeting like this or the step up to director
program.

Bev

My director always lets me know. You might check with yours and let her know that you are interested in attending events like these.

pamperedgirl3 said:
Have fun at the training! Instead of mush, maybe your brain will be so full of ideas that you'll recruit like crazy the next month! She told me about the training this weekend, but we're on vacation from the 7th-13th. So the next one I could do is May. Good to know that I wouldn't have to pay for a hotel! Did your director give you a registration form, or how did you sign up? I emailed my director tonight to ask, but am waiting to hear back.
I heard about it through my Director...just emailed in that I would like to attend.

KellyTheChef said:
I heard about it through my Director...just emailed in that I would like to attend.

Did you email your director or Darla about it?

pamperedgirl3 said:
Did you email your director or Darla about it?
My director was the one that was inviting me, so I RSVP'd to my director personally.

Is Darla your upline?

I attended this Regional too! I wish I would have known some of you were going to be there. I would have tried to find you. I was at one of the front reserved tables.

It was great! I purchased her Amazing Party Experience CD too. I like some of her ideas, but some I probably won't implement. I won't be using a "why bag." I'm also not sure about the squirt guns - maybe they would work in the summer.

I do like the closing the night of the show and will start trying to do that in the future. I have a show on Feb. 26 I'll be doing this for. I have so many people that don't order the night of the show. They always say, I'm going to give "tho host" my order tomorrow. I'm going to tell everyone before they order that they need to give them to me that evening. If anyone has a problem w/it I will do what she said - they have 3 days to cancel.

I never heard about the Regional before either, but it was like a mini National Conf. I will definitely attend again.

I was at those front tables, too, Rhonda. I'm the one who volunteered for the "My Story" part of her talk. Remember me?I loved many of her ideas. I have already started using some of them, and I feel like my show flows better and is a bit more interactive. I had a problem with the squirt gun thing, so I'm using a bike horn until I can find a little toy police car with a siren.Regional training has been a great learning place for me.

raebates said:
I was at those front tables, too, Rhonda. I'm the one who volunteered for the "My Story" part of her talk. Remember me?

I loved many of her ideas. I have already started using some of them, and I feel like my show flows better and is a bit more interactive. I had a problem with the squirt gun thing, so I'm using a bike horn until I can find a little toy police car with a siren.

I saw you Rae!

I'm not sure about the squirt gun thing either, so I'll be looking for a police car too.

KellyTheChef said:
My director was the one that was inviting me, so I RSVP'd to my director personally.

Is Darla your upline?

Darla's my NSED. I'm still waiting on my director to send me info about it.

Yes Rae, I remember when you shared your story! Wow I never thought about how many Cheffers might be there! I wish I would have thought about it sooner!

Which of her ideas have you started using and how did your guests respond to them. I have my first show after this training on Feb. 26. I really like the way she introduced herself and how she shared the opportunity.

pampchefrhondab said:
I'm also not sure about the squirt guns - maybe they would work in the summer.
I like the idea of a party cop, but I don't like the squirt guns, either. I can just invision myself at someone's beautiful home and water gets on her wood furniture! So, I looked at WalMart and found one of those squishy koosh balls. They can toss the ball at someone if they are being negative. (Still could turn badly if someone doesn't aim well....)
Then, this past weekend when I went to Darla Oelmann's Step up to Director training, she had a majic wand that made noise when you waved it. She was using it on us to wave away negativity too! Now, I like that idea even more! I haven't had the chance to look anywhere for something like that. She purchased hers 4-5 years ago from a street vendor in Texas.

The magic wand is a good idea! Maybe you could find something like that in the girl's toy area at Walmart or somewhere??? I still have to buy my stuff to use--I've already gotten most of my opp gift bag stuff. Where do you find bath beads???? I've looked at Walmart, Target & Meijer. All I can find are bath salts.

pampchefrhondab said:
Yes Rae, I remember when you shared your story! Wow I never thought about how many Cheffers might be there! I wish I would have thought about it sooner!

Which of her ideas have you started using and how did your guests respond to them. I have my first show after this training on Feb. 26. I really like the way she introduced herself and how she shared the opportunity.

I haven't had a show since the regional yet either (went on vacation last week & just got back yesterday). But I have one this weekend. I'm not closing that night, but I am going to close the day of my show on the 24th. The host asked me too! Then I'm starting it in March. I am working on my commercials & will be doing those on Sunday. I also am working on my why bag (bought a bra--loved that idea of support!) & am putting together opp gift bags. I figure that's enough to start with. I'll try to implement the party cop & cheerleader stuff in March.

pampchefrhondab said:

I now begin my shows with the 3 rules:

1. You WILL have fun! I appoint a cheerleader, complete with pom pom, to get the crowd going. I tell them I expect them to cheer every time I say something brilliant, and I tell them that will happen often. (I, of course, say this will a big smile and a very tongue-in-cheek attitude.)

2. This is a no negativity zone. I appoint a negativity cop and give him/her a bike horn to use whenever someone says something negative about anything at all.

3. I will be doing commercials. You will cheer for the commercials because they are the most important things I will say to you today. I tell the cheerleader I expect her/him to get everyone cheering when I announce a commercial.

I revamped my story in the way she suggested.

I do my commercials (only two right now--booking and recruiting) the way she did. My shows are usually walks through the catalog, so I used removable double-stick tape to affix my commercial cards to my catalog. Each card has a question written on it. As I hand it to Susie with a flourish, I say, "Susie, did you have a question?"

She reads the question, and I say, "I'm so glad you asked!" I then answer the question. It gets everyone laughing, but they do listen.

Those are the changes I can think of right now. I worked hard on my answers to the commercial questions: What are the advantages to scheduling a night with my friends? and Why do you love your job? I remembered to focus on things other than free/discounted products for the booking question and trips/money for the recruiting question.

I also worked on changing my interaction style to be more focused on the other person. I keep remembering her comment that "Being listened to is so close to being loved that most people can't tell the difference."

I plan to continue reviewing my notes over the next few months and slowly add new things in as I get comfortable with my changes.

As for how people responded, they had a wonderful time. I had several comments about how fun the show was. It closed that day :p at $799.81, with 5 bookings. (In all fairness, 2 of those I knew about before-hand. However 2 of the other 3 were from people who have said in the past that they would NEVER host a show.)

Great job, Rae! I'm hoping to have that kind of success! Before the meeting, I was wanting to make my shows more fun b/c I was getting bored & figured my guests were too. But I don't like games & such, so I didn't know how to do it. Then Julie suggested her stuff & it really hit home. I can still do the demo & such, just adding the fun stuff. I need to work on my commercials today! Maybe I will try to go to the store this week (if I can get through the snow!) & get some pom poms & a police car.

I used the pom poms and a soft toy ball at my show this past weekend. It was a hit with the guest, they were laughing and so was I. I have a show this Friday and will use them again. I liked using commericals also, but they weren't as polished as I would have liked them to be at my first party....though I know that will come with time. Good luck to you as you work Julie's suggestions into your demo.

I'm so glad to hear that those are working! I think I'll go ahead & start using them instead of waiting. If I can't get out to get a police car, I may use an earlier idea of a magic wand. I just noticed that one of the toys my daughter got for her birthday was a Disney Princess dress up set & a magic wand that makes noise is in there! Might just have to borrow it for my shows!

Ok--getting ready for my first show after regionals. Questions to those of you who have implemented some things...Did you mention to the host that you had some changes, or did you just do it? Has anyone tried the commercials--how did they go over? Has anyone used her guest care card? How did it go? Thanks!!

I just did it. I don't think even past hosts expect that my show will be exactly the same as I did before.

I did the commercials, and they went over really well. Be sure to rehearse your answers to they roll right off your tongue.

I used my old (my version) survey slips, but I did the whole, "Don't answer the questions. You don't know the answers, yet!" spiel. I think it went well.

So you didn't use PC survey slips? I just noticed that the ones for next season don't have questions--just ways to check. I figure maybe I'll just use those at BRU or something.

Do you have the question about the host starting on your slip? I feel kind of weird about it b/c I don't want a host who really doesn't have any intention of joining feeling pressured b/c of the question. What do you think about that question? I like the rest of it. I plan on putting just the order form & a wish list in my lap boards, along with a guest care card. Then after my demo is done, I'll pass out the catalogs as I tell them that they now have time to shop & socialize & eat. I figure I'll clean up quickly & then mingle to answer questions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Kearns
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
janetupnorth