• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Redeemable Gift Certificates with PWS Instructions

if it is for a fundraiser or raffle I put the date and what the raffle ticket price is. I also put a note on it letting the recipient know what the gc is for. That sounds like a good system - do you ever have any problems with people redeeming them before the expiration date?Nope, never have.
PCSarahjm
Does anyone have gift certificates that are only redeemable through yourself? And maybe a little instruction sheet on how to use them through our PWS?

Thanks

Here's the one I use (see below)

I don't usually have them order through my PWS using the personal gc, though - they usually just call or email me. I typically offer these as a "raffle" item when a fundraiser wants me to donate something, and give the gc in an envelope with a catalog and the monthly specials. They usually just call me to redeem it. HTH!

(sorry for all the editing - I couldn't get the right file attached!)

Attachments

• GIFT CERTIFICATE - TEMPLATE.doc
    21 KB · Views: 783
Last edited:
I used to do this for raffles and such but never had any turned in. Then a year later someone brings one to a show...all i can think is "oh great, I have no extra $$ this month now I need to honor this stupid GC!" Just something to keep in mind if you are on a budget they can come back and haunt you :)

reba515 said:
I used to do this for raffles and such but never had any turned in. Then a year later someone brings one to a show...all i can think is "oh great, I have no extra $$ this month now I need to honor this stupid GC!" Just something to keep in mind if you are on a budget they can come back and haunt you :)

Yep - I thought of that. I put an expiration date at the bottom, and track the dates on an excel spreadsheet anytime I give one out, so I can keep track of how much I have out there. Then, if they try to redeem it 2 years later, no such luck. I have been thinking of making it only valid for 6 months, too. And, I never offer more than $25.

But is it legal to put an expiration date? I know BIG buisness' can't but can we?

It's legal to have an expiration in some states, but not all.If it's worded as a coupon (Save $25 on your purchase of $25 or more), then you can have an expiration date.

Most people spend more than the GC is worth. Would you really turn them down b/c of an expiration date?

I had this situation last year. The woman called me several months after the exp date on the GC she said she knew it was expired, but would I still honor it or at least part of it. I told her I would honor it. She spent @ $50 on top of the GC.

My gift certificates say can only be redeemed with the me (no expirtation date). My friend bought the gift certificates and printed them.They even came with envelopes and look great. I was wondering if anyone has bad a log and register to keep track of their gift certificates?

Frequent Buyer CardI do a Frequent Buyer card - idea comes from my PartyLite rep - who is a top seller in that company. She won a "light the world" inspirational award, kind of like our hospitality award...they redid her entire front yard, it's gorgeous! Anyway, here is the card... it's a little too generous--probably making these $40 signatures would be better than $25.

When you print them, get some scrapbooking paper, or go to Staples and find a foodie "print" paper to use - it's thicker than regular bond, and it stands out in people's wallet more than just a business card!

God Bless, and take care.

-praying for Paige and her family!-

Attachments

• preferredChefCard.doc
    303.5 KB · Views: 391
chefann said:
It's legal to have an expiration in some states, but not all.

If it's worded as a coupon (Save $25 on your purchase of $25 or more), then you can have an expiration date.

Not legal in California. ( but good to know about the second part of your post with the "coupon" thing)

I was wondering about gift certificates also. Do you make up your own when they buy them or does PC offer gift certificates?

PC offers gift certificates, but I find them a little restrictive. They can only be redeemed through HO (since a consultant got commission and host got credit for the initial purchase). Therefore, the redeemer must pay direct shipping.

Thanks Ann, so how do you do it if you just want to one of your own. Do you put in the order for the gift certificate but then not give the HO one and make up your own?

You could, but then the current host wouldn't get credit for the sale, if someone's buying one on a show. I'm not the best source of info on GC's, because I don't actively market them.

If someone wants to buy a gift certificate from me, I print my own. If it is for a certain item I put the item on the gift certificate and add it to the show they are buying from. If they want a dollar amount I put that amount on the certificate but the host does not get credit for it. I explain to them that I can get them through HO but the person redeeming will have to pay direct shipping and order from the website. Usually when the see, it will cost them more from HO they pick an item to put on the gift certificate.

I just did 3 with dollar amounts on them for 3 wedding showers at my church. they were not purchased through a show. I will collect the 3 brides orders and put them on a show I have going on for them to get the $4 shipping.

I am attaching the one I have on my computer. I just revise is for whatever they are getting.

I do not sel them a lot. It is like it kind of comes in phases. Usually mine have been for a certain item that will not be here in time for the even they are purchasing for.

Attachments

• GIFT CERTIFICATE.doc
    212.5 KB · Views: 572
I do this a lot this time of year, I express the concept to husbands and they love it. So here's what I do, I make my own GC, make sure it says "redeemable only with Nancy Collins...." on it. Then (this is pretty basic but it works). I just take their money and put it in an envelope with the wife's name on it and hang on to it (if they write me a check I cash it and put the cash in the envelope). Then when they do get around to redeeming it I just add it to a show.

When I donate them for raffles I attach the letter the organization writes me to it and put them in a file. When it is redeemed I put the receipt with it and put it in my tax file for that year. I have rarely had a GC redeemed that didn't result in more sales. Most of the time they see the catalog and want more, and frequently they book a show.

I found a GC on here and changed it up a bit. I have it redeemable only thru me....like someone said early most likely they will spend more then what the GC is for. I plan on having a file with the money in there for when the GC is redeemed

Related to Redeemable Gift Certificates with PWS Instructions

1. How can I purchase a Pampered Chef gift certificate?

You can purchase a gift certificate through a Pampered Chef consultant or on our website. Simply select the desired amount and add it to your cart.

2. Can I use a Pampered Chef gift certificate to make a purchase online?

Yes, our gift certificates can be used for online purchases. During checkout, enter the gift certificate code in the designated field to apply it to your order.

3. Is there an expiration date for Pampered Chef gift certificates?

No, our gift certificates do not have an expiration date and can be used at any time.

4. Can I use a gift certificate towards a party order?

Yes, gift certificates can be applied towards party orders. Simply give the gift certificate to your consultant and they can apply it to your order.

5. Can I purchase a gift certificate for someone who does not live in the same country as me?

Unfortunately, at this time we do not offer gift certificates for international purchases. Our gift certificates can only be used for purchases made within the same country where it was purchased.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janakaylie
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
smilingdee2002
  • sucessfulsue
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Stacy