• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recyclable Host Kits - Do You Use Them?

In summary, Jillysue puts catalogs, show planner, and order forms into a binder for each show she hosts. She also includes a flyer about recruitment and a thank you/appreciation sticker sheet.
missyciccolella
Does anyone use a recyclable host kit/packet? If so, what do you put in there and how does it work for you? :confused:

My thoughts are I will only need to add a couple of items for each show so my host kits will always be ready. I'm thinking "work smarter not harder" for the New Year. I tend not to have many cancellations so I'm not worried about not getting them back. What are you thoughts - both good and bad?

My Director used to do this - I don't know if she still does. She used 1/2" binders. She put catalogs in the windows on the front and back, and another one in the inside back pocket. Inside front pocket was for order forms. Then she had page protectors with various paperwork: show planner, host benefits sheet, 40 guests in 4 minutes, 2 hostesses, etc. I do know that if a show cancelled, she'd make the host mail it back to her.

I tried this... Jillysue had done a fabulous one and I got the same plastic multi page item that she used at CVS but I purchased 6 or 8 and have 1 in my possesion 5 months later so when school supplies were out this year i bought a load of the 10 cent folders and that works well. I found that nearly NONE of the hosts actually read all the stuff I had in there and for some it seemed scary to have that much to read so it made hosting feel too hard. I'm not saying NOT to do it... because it may work very well for you.. but it did not work for me personally.

I do this! I have done it for most of my time in PC. I don't always get them back but most of the time I do. To me it cost just as much to be continuously printing flyers and the supplies cost just as much in my opinion. I have received sooooo many compliments on how easy it was for them to keep track of their show when it was in a binder, I also get told that it looks really professional.
I do a recruiting flyer in the front called "Party For A Living" then in the inside front pocket I put catalogs and show planner. I use sheet protectors and in the first one I use the "tale of two hostesses" flyer on the back side of that I do the 40 guests in 4 minutes. Then I put a flyer in about the steps to a successful show, which is a time line basically and what I expect and what they can expect., then on the back of that I put a flyer in there advertising my website and it has their host # on it.
Then the next page tells what it takes to have a successful show, then on the back side of that I put in a recruit flyer. The next page is a show benefits flyer. Next page is the host special, back of that is the guest special. Next are about 4-6 outside order forms, that I let them know to make lots of copies of them.
My last few pages are my personal incentives, I give incentives for a 1000.00 show, attendance incentive, and outside orders incentive.
The very last page on the backside is another recruiting thing, usually any incentives that are going on. On the back pocket I put in invitations, and the opportunit brochure. I also have one more flyer stuck in there with the invitations about who to invite.
I have been doing this exact set up for about 7 months now and I have had HUGE success. Since I started advertising my website. my sales have really increased and the overall success of the show is great! I have had many thousand dollar shows lately!
Try it, only you can decide if you like it. I wouldn't do it any other way, but that's just me and again, as I always say, different strokes, for different folks!:chef: ;)
Oh yeah! I also put another sheet on the back cover about recruiting or if it's a fabulous host special I'll put something in there about that! Just don't forget to pull it out the next month if you do that!
Also I use stickers on the inside and the outside of my pack, encouraging stickers, thank yous and appreciation stickers. This is another reason why I do these types of packs becasue I don't like continuously putting stickers on a new pack and it costs too much to do that!

Last edited:
I use 2 pocket/3 prong folders with page protectors.
Front pocket - 3 catalogs & 5 postcard invites
Back pocket - labeled for outside orders

Page protectors
1. cover letter & host incentive (if offering) or other info.
2. cooking show planning guide
3. guest list & sase
4. monthly special (host & guest)
5. OOF
6. shopping lists/recipe options
7. recruit flyer & Your Life Your Way brochure

I try to meet host in person to deliver. If not, I mail priority. I pick up the folder at the show. I try to keep it simple for them.

I use plastic folder with 4 clear sheet protectors inside. In the front pocket I put the Show Planner and a pack of invites. In the back pocket, I put the catalogs and outside order forms. In the sheet protectors, I have recruiting info in the first two (Apron in 5 sizes, common questions, etc). The next one has the host and guest specials back to back and the 4th has "How to total your orders" and the recipe options on the back. All I have to replace, unless a host keeps the recruiting info, is the Show Planner, Invites, Specials and OOF. I found these really easy and fun to use. I usually get them back from my hosts, I don't even mention it to them. Most of the time, they have it waiting on their counter with their outside orders in it. When I get home, it goes back on a shelf to be refilled when I run out.

Can you please post the flyers that you use? I would love to see the updated "Apron" flyer. The one I had had the break down for the $90 kit and I am too mathematically challenged to change it myself. I will post my original, I know that there are a few versions of this and I want you to know what I'm talking about. Cathy, I would love to see some of your flyers.

I thought that my host packets would be reusable, but people put drinks on them or let their kids get to them, so they are not reusable. However, I do provide a nice presentation. I use the school folders that have a 3-ring holder in the middle (I cleaned up in August and got about 150 at Walmart for $5). I put a clear PC logo sticker on the front and my business card on a magnet on the inside folder (if it is still in there when I show up for the party, I take it out and put it on their fridge).

Inside Pocket: Show planner sandwiching 3 OOF
Back Pocket: 3 catalogs

1st sheet protected page: Host special (front) Guest special
2nd page: OOF (4)/next month's special (in this case (Jan)
3rd page: the following month's special (in this case Feb)/website flyer
4th page: recruiting flyer/empty
empty sheet protector (actually I put the invitations in there. I tell them to hand out all of the invitations then use the empty sheet protector to put the OO and money they collect.

I doll it up with stickers from Nancy's. We can't get Nancy's any longer, but Merrill has come out with rip off designs. I haven't bought any from them though.

Thanks for the wealth of knowledge! My director has done these for years, and hers sounds completely different so it is great to hear what everyone puts in there...I'm starting this in the New Year and trying to finalize a few host kits. I have a lot of info think about...You guys ROCK!

I almost always get my packets back...I usually pick them up the night of the show (minus "their" catalog, show planner, and SB).

I use plastic folders in a bright yellow (the better to stand out on a host's desk or in her purse).
Inside pocket:
Show planner w/flyer on coming up w/40 names
A catalog with a label that says "XXXX's copy. Not for sharing :)" It also has their host code. (I tell them to circle everything they want)
Season's Best
Business Opportunity Brochure

In document protectors:
1) Host letter and benefits flyer (just the side with the chart)
2) Current and next month's specials
3) Copy of outside order form and 5 Aprons flyer

Back pocket: Five OOFs, 3-5 catalogs, envelope for collecting outside orders

legacypc46 said:
IA catalog with a label that says "XXXX's copy. Not for sharing :)" It also has their host code. (I tell them to circle everything they want)

Love that idea! I think I will borrow it from you! Thanks!:love:

I do like a lot of the others...

I get bright colored 3-prong pocket folders at the $ store, & add sheet protectors.
On the outside I put some stickers to dress it up; a PC one, "the kitchen is the heart of every home", & "apron w/ try it on for size." Also inside has stickers that say, "if you call them they will come", "5+10+5= success; orders before-during-after show", & "invite everyone that eats". (I get my stickers from stickingtobusiness.com)
Inside front pocket has planner, guest address labels, my custom show flyer, and DVD w/recruiting info.
Sheet protectors have show benefits flyer, then guest/host specials, then tale of 2 hostesses & 50 in 5 minutes, then bridal flyer, then fundraiser flyer, then more recruiting info--apron flyer.
Back pocket has 3 catalogs & 5 oof's.

I really like using these; it's nice for hosts to have a place to keep it all together. I let them know I'll be getting it back at closing. It's also nice to have these ready to go & just change out specials pages & add stuff for each show.

Oops!!I completely forgot to add the apron flyer!! Duh!

The top box is what needs editing (mathematical calculating)!

Attachments

• Host Only Apron Sale[1].doc
    337 KB · Views: 330
Can I ask what are the 'Party for a Living' and 'tale of two hostesses' flyers? I did a search on here but didn't come up with anything.

Tale of 2 Hostesses is a poem about inviting people.

Attachments

• TwoHostesses.doc
    54.5 KB · Views: 264
Thanks, Ann!

Here is my host booklet

Most of the stuff is recycled

I use it for both catalog and cooking shows

the cooking flyers/pages are behind the catalog flyers/pages

so when I need to change the folder - I just need to pull out the flyers/pages behind the others

~

Attachments

• Host Booklet Files.zip
    411.3 KB · Views: 351
  • Host Booklet Pictures.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 345
Teresa, Do you have copies of the files you have in the attached picture? Obviously I don't need the stickers but the order form and such...

Attachments

• Inside Front 2.jpg
    Inside Front 2.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 312
I don't know how I forgot these

I hope these are what you want

:chef:

Attachments

• Front Cover Files.zip
    337.7 KB · Views: 280
quiverfull7 said:
I tried this... Jillysue had done a fabulous one and I got the same plastic multi page item that she used at CVS but I purchased 6 or 8 and have 1 in my possesion 5 months later so when school supplies were out this year i bought a load of the 10 cent folders and that works well. I found that nearly NONE of the hosts actually read all the stuff I had in there and for some it seemed scary to have that much to read so it made hosting feel too hard. I'm not saying NOT to do it... because it may work very well for you.. but it did not work for me personally.

This is what I do too. I have found that hosts DO NOT read all of the cute flyers - especially if they are wordy. So now, this is all that goes in my disposable(I buy a ton of the two pocket folders when school supplies go on sale) host packets:

Right Hand Side
5 OOF (with a sticky saying to make copies as needed)
2 Catalogs (plus the one they have from the show they attended as their copy)
Host & Guest Special Flyer
Recruiting Pamphlet from PC

Left Hand Side
(From bottom to top)
Address List Sheet
50 in 5 sheet
1 page Show Planner
"Thanks for Hosting" Letter
7-8 postcard invites
SASE

I too do a recycleable host packet. Have been for a few years now. I get lots of compliments from my hosts saying it how easy it was to keep everything together and page thru and look things over. I have whittled down the info I have in it though. Like others have said hosts do get overwhelmed with all the info. I have tried to determine what it is the most important info for my hosts.

Without going to get a packet I know I have in mine...
A thank you fo hosting letter
Host and guest specials for current month
DYLAB flyer
Show planner
What can my website do for you flyer
Bridal flyer
FR flyer
tale of 2 hostesses
Recruit info with booklet or DVD
OOF forms
3 catalogs
SASE

My hosts do not get this packet until I have their guestlist.

Thanks Teresa - I really like your files! I'm making an effort to be more organized and having more consistent paperwork will help!

1. What is included in a Recyclable Host Kit?

A Recyclable Host Kit typically includes a selection of our best-selling products, as well as marketing materials and order forms to help you host a successful party. The exact contents may vary depending on the current promotions and incentives being offered.

2. How much does a Recyclable Host Kit cost?

The cost of a Recyclable Host Kit can vary depending on the current promotions and incentives being offered. However, the cost is typically minimal and is a great value compared to the products and materials included.

3. Can I return the products in a Recyclable Host Kit?

Unfortunately, the products in a Recyclable Host Kit cannot be returned individually. However, you can return the entire kit within 30 days of purchase for a full refund.

4. Are the products in a Recyclable Host Kit environmentally friendly?

Yes, all of our products are designed with sustainability in mind and are made from high-quality, eco-friendly materials. The packaging for the kit is also recyclable.

5. How can I get a Recyclable Host Kit?

You can purchase a Recyclable Host Kit directly from your Pampered Chef consultant or through our website. Alternatively, you can earn a kit for free by hosting a party and meeting certain sales goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• tinat51796
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Wildfire