• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick and Easy for a Potluck Lunch?

In summary, the author was not able to go grocery shopping yesterday and won't be able to go this morning. They are trying to figure out what is super fast and super easy to bring that will be impressive but not look like they are trying too hard to impress their friends. They ended up making chicken fajitas and everyone enjoyed them, even though it was late and they forgot to buy lime.
babywings76
Gold Member
I wasn't able to go grocery shopping yesterday and I won't be able to go this morning. I have a potluck lunch to go to at my friends house today. I'm trying to figure out what is super fast and super easy to bring that will be impressive but not look like I'm trying to hard to impress them. ;)

Shoot, this is hard because I really don't have much time to make anything. I can make something while my DS is in preschool. But I have to leave here at 11am to pick him up and won't get back until 11:40. That gives me 20 min. till the lunch starts. :eek:

Rush hour chickan fajitas, as long as you have everything are very fast and easy.

Hmm, I have most of the things for that. Do you think they'd be okay w/ 1 1/2 green bell peppers? I don't have a fresh lime either. I just ran out of Chipotle rub, but I guess I can use SW seasoning.

Remember you can use regular taco seasoning. Had a customer use a cajun rub, she said it wasn't as good as the chipolete but everybody ate it. Yes use what you have and I never use lime on mine. Good luck

I know this is too late but just wanted to let you know for the future that I use S/W all the time. Whichever I happen to grab :) Also 1.5 - 3 peppers - again whatever I have and never use lime since I never remember to buy one. Always delicious!

What did you end up making?

I ended up squeezing in a little trip to the grocery store. It was kind of crazy, but it worked out. ;) I really wanted to get fresh chicken so that I wouldn't have to take the time to defrost what I had in the microwave, too. So I figured I'd just pick up some red bell peppers and the lime. I also decided to pick up a package of tortillas in case I was mistaken in the amount I had at home. They turned out great but no one commented on it. There were tons of amazingly yummy food there. I need to get the recipes from some of the other people! Yum!Thanks for the help you guys! :)

1. What types of dishes are considered "quick and easy" for a potluck lunch?

Some examples of quick and easy dishes for a potluck lunch could include salads, sandwiches, casseroles, dips, and fruit platters.

2. How can I make sure my dish is a hit at the potluck?

To ensure your dish is a hit, try to choose something that is easy to transport and can be served at room temperature. Also, consider the preferences and dietary restrictions of your fellow potluck attendees.

3. Do you have any suggestions for vegetarian or vegan options for a potluck lunch?

Yes, there are plenty of delicious vegetarian and vegan options for a potluck lunch! Some ideas include quinoa salad, veggie wraps, hummus and veggie platter, or a lentil soup.

4. Can I make a quick and easy dish for a potluck without using any pre-made or processed ingredients?

Absolutely! There are plenty of dishes that can be made using only fresh, whole ingredients. Some ideas include a Greek salad, roasted vegetable medley, or homemade salsa and chips.

5. How can I make sure my dish is still delicious if I have to make it ahead of time?

To ensure your dish is still tasty when made ahead of time, try to choose a recipe that holds up well when refrigerated or reheated. Some options could include a cold pasta salad, a make-ahead casserole, or a chilled soup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • kcjodih
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sklay723
  • Kelly8