• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need an Idea for a Potluck for Son's Soccer Team

In summary, the conversation is about a potluck/outdoor pool party for an 11-year-old's soccer team. The host is looking for a finger food dessert to bring for about 15 kids and their families. One person suggests Mini Margarita Pies, made with sugar cookie dough, cream cheese, and lime. Another person suggests Taffy Apple Tartlets or Berry Wonton Cups from a healthy cookbook. Someone else mentions Profiterole Puffs, which can be frozen ahead of time.
kcjodih
Gold Member
My 11 yo DS's end of season soccer party is going to be next week and it's a potluck/outdoor pool party. They'll supply the burgers and dogs and we're to bring either a dessert or salad. I'd like to bring a dessert that doesn't require forks or plates (so finger food I guess) but I'm at a loss. Something other than tuxedo brownie cups or mini cupcakes.

Anyone have an idea for about 15 kids PLUS their siblings and parents?

I got this recipe in the files and made it at my margarita show today and they are delicious and easy! Just change the name so that they are "kid friendly"

Mini Margarita Pies

1 pkg Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough (Pillsbury or Nestle break and bake 20 count)

1 pkg cream cheese

1/3 cup powdered sugar

1 or 2 limes

8 oz container of cool whip

Pretzels (optional)

Strawberries (Optional for garnish)

Cut each of the dough cookies in half. Roll into a ball and place in Mini Muffin Pan. Press with floured Mini Tart Shaper.
Bake cookies at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for about 1 minute, then REPRESS with Mini Tart Shaper. Remove from Pan to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Meanwhile, combined softened cream cheese with powdered sugar in Classic Batter Bowl. Zest lime with Microplane Adjustable Grater. Cut lime in half and press with Citrus Press. (Add both limes if you prefer lots of lime flavor!) Mix with Stainless Steel Whisk. Add in Cool Whip.
Using Star tip of Easy Accent Decorator, pipe filling into cups. If desired, add chopped pretzels to cup before filling (to add a bit of salty flavor), OR stick a pretzel stick into each cup. Garnish with strawberry slice if desired

What about the new taffy apple tartlets?

profiterole puffs i have frozen them and they were yummy when it was time to serve them

the berry wonton cups are yummy and finger food. They are i the "it's good for you" cookbook.

KellyTheChef said:
What about the new taffy apple tartlets?

I second Kelly's suggestion...they are REALLY yummy. :)

Related to Need an Idea for a Potluck for Son's Soccer Team

1. What are some easy and crowd-pleasing dishes for a potluck for my son's soccer team?

Some popular options for potlucks include pasta salads, sandwiches or wraps, and fruit or vegetable platters. These dishes are easy to transport and can be customized to suit different tastes.

2. I need to make something for the potluck that is nut-free. What are some options?

Some nut-free options for a potluck could include hummus and veggies, deviled eggs, or a fruit salad. You could also ask other parents about any potential allergies or dietary restrictions to ensure everyone can enjoy the food safely.

3. I want to make something that is unique and not too common at potlucks. Any suggestions?

One idea could be to make a themed dish based on your son's soccer team. For example, you could make soccer ball-shaped cookies or a fruit salad in the shape of a soccer field. Alternatively, you could try a dish from a different culture or cuisine to add a unique touch to the potluck.

4. Can you recommend any Pampered Chef products that would be useful for making a dish for the potluck?

Our Mix 'N Chop tool is great for quickly chopping fruits and vegetables for salads or dips. The Quick Slice can help with slicing fruits and vegetables for platters. And our Round Covered Baker is perfect for making casseroles or dips to bring to the potluck.

5. I'm short on time. Do you have any suggestions for a quick and easy dish to bring to the potluck?

A simple option could be to bring a store-bought dessert or pre-made appetizers. You could also make a quick and easy dip, such as a spinach and artichoke dip or a seven-layer dip, to bring to the potluck. Another option could be to make a simple pasta dish, such as spaghetti or mac and cheese, that can be easily transported in a large pot or slow cooker.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
Replies
Views
chefann
  • COOKINWITHSHERRI
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies