• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About Sell the Dream: Recruit Workshop

In summary, the Registration for this workshop states that Workshop A will be taught by Home Office and Workshops B, C, and D will be taught by top recruiters from PC. The conversation discusses whether it is better to learn from top recruiters who are "out there in the trenches" dealing with the same obstacles, or from Home Office who are trained to train consultants. It is mentioned that some good recruiters may not necessarily be good trainers and that Home Office sales managers are required to go out and do shows to better understand consultants' experiences. The group ultimately decides that no matter who is teaching, the workshop will be beneficial and it is important to focus on implementing one or two ideas rather than trying to do everything at once. Some attendees have
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Registration states that this workshop will be taught by Home Office for Workshop A, and then by top recruiters of PC for Workshops B, C, and D.

My thought was this (and I don't mean anything against HO!!!!!)- wouldn't I be better off taking one of the ones from the top recruiters who are actually "out there in the trenches" and dealing with the same obstacles we face? Or do you think it doesn't even matter which one, that they would all be great?

Not necessarily. Have you ever been great at something but couldn't teach others how to do what you do? Sometimes good recruiters have a good personality and that is what draws people to them. However, the HO people are trained to train us!

I have been to workshop with Suzie Lite and she was awesome - Many of the home office people have been in the trenches either with PC or another direct sales company.

Thanks! I knew that others would be able to see things differently than me!!

And the HO sales managers are actually REQUIRED to go out and do shows every so often, so they know what we go through!

That's good info to know - because I was thinking the same as you Kelly!

ChefBeckyD said:
That's good info to know - because I was thinking the same as you Kelly!
Glad I wasn't the only one!:eek: :eek: :eek:

What Kate said about good recruiters not necessarily being good trainers really made sense to me!

Deb- I didn't realize they all had to continue doing shows...that makes great business sense on PC's part!

It will probably be a great workshop, no matter who is teaching it then!

:)

After reading this thread - I went ahead and signed up for Workshop A w/ HO sales managers! I'm excited!

ChefBeckyD said:
After reading this thread - I went ahead and signed up for Workshop A w/ HO sales managers! I'm excited!
Me too! They changed my mind!! LOL

We need a longer conference - I want to go to everything!!!!

Kathytnt said:
We need a longer conference - I want to go to everything!!!!

Me Too!!! :D

Isn't that the truth! Everything would be beneficial to our businesses!!

This is something I typed up after attending conference in 2004 (that was my first conference, this is my second.) Remember, we will hear/learn a TON of great ideas. You can't implement them all, but if you are overwhelmed and don't implement anything, it's not worth your time and $$ to attend NC.

Here's what I typed: "KNOWLEDGE WITHOUT ACTION IS MEANINGLESS!!
Conference (and handouts, team meetings, etc.) are like floodlights. Your receive tons of information that is too spread out to be effective. You can’t possibly implement every bit of info that you learn. FOCUS the light to a LASER BEAM!! Take the info and choose one or two items to do right now! Take Baby steps to make Large changes in your business!"

At Julie Weiss's training that we had at Regional in February, she told us something she does when going to trainings so she doesn't get lost with information. Take 2 note cards. On one write "Love It, Do It NOW!!" for those ideas that are great and you can do right away without a lot of planning or changing. (Ex: Listen with my heart, not my head) On the second one write "Like It, Do It LATER!!" for ideas that will take some planning and "homework" before you can do it. (Ex: My "Why" bag that I use when talking about how PC has changed my life and WHY I still love it!)

I am going to add that to my list of things I need to take to conference. These cards really help to keep you focused on the things YOU want to change about YOUR business based on the new knowledge you will be receiving!

I have to agree with Kate. Last year I was the top recruiter in my cluster. I had NO idea until our end-of-the-year party that I was top recruiter. Heck - I don't even think I am a great recruiter...but according to my #'s I guess I am .. but I could not tell you how in th eheck I do it - I have no clue. So I opted to try taking the class with the sales managers from HO this time - I bet they have some great info for us!

Shoot! I was thinking it would be better to do it with consultants and signed up for that one and now I want to change my mind! I'm so fickle with these things....

Related to Question About Sell the Dream: Recruit Workshop

1. How can I maximize my sales at the "Sell the Dream" recruit workshop?

To maximize your sales at the workshop, it is important to prepare beforehand by studying the products and creating a compelling sales pitch. Also, make sure to engage with potential recruits by asking questions and highlighting the benefits of joining Pampered Chef as a consultant.

2. Is it necessary to bring products to the workshop?

While it is not mandatory to bring products to the workshop, it can be helpful to have some on hand to demonstrate and showcase the quality and functionality of the products. This can also entice potential recruits to join as they see the value in the products.

3. Can I invite friends and family to the recruit workshop?

Yes, you are encouraged to invite friends and family to the workshop. They can be great potential recruits and also support you in your business. However, make sure to also reach out to other individuals who may not be in your immediate circle to expand your network and reach a wider audience.

4. How do I handle objections from potential recruits at the workshop?

It is important to listen to and acknowledge any objections from potential recruits. Offer solutions and address their concerns by highlighting the benefits of joining Pampered Chef and how it can fit into their lifestyle. It can also be helpful to share your own positive experiences as a consultant.

5. Can I sign up new recruits at the workshop?

Yes, if a potential recruit is interested and ready to join, you can sign them up at the workshop. Make sure to have all necessary paperwork and information on hand to make the process smooth and efficient. It is also important to follow up with them afterwards to provide any additional support or answer any questions they may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Laura Kavanaugh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies