• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Punished by My Neighbor: Feeling Violated Over a Newsletter Reply

In summary, the conversation is about a person who sent out a newsletter and received a harsh response from a neighbor who wants to be removed from the mailing list. The group discusses possible reasons for the neighbor's behavior and advise the person to just delete the neighbor and move on. They also share their own experiences with rude responses to their newsletters and how they handle it. The conversation ends with the person realizing that they shouldn't take it personally and should just enjoy some chocolate instead.
amyv
Gold Member
Just sent out my e-mail newsletter last night (BTW - Joy rocks). This morning I recieved a reply with remove in the title. Ok, so I guess some people don't want cool recipes and such...however it is from my next-door neighbor!! I know I should consider the source, this same woman called complaing about min-spatula she got as a door prize!!! She is just punishing me because HER daughter has been mean to mine for a long time and finally stopped trying to be nice!! We have not had words, as a matter of fact, I orgaznized and paid for a birthday dinner for her in June!!!

Ok I'm done, just feel violated, my business is as important to me as my kids lately and it hurt!

Ouch!

Well, do as she asks. Delete her. She's obviously got some sort of chip on her shoulder for who knows what. It's her loss. Bless and release and focus on your business. Giving her any more attention won't make your business grow - move on, it's her loss!

Oh, and next June, let someone else organize her birthday dinner.

Better than that, I'm not going to invite her to my husbands 40th!! Or maybe I should! Just to see what she would do!

You can't please everyoneThis world is made up of all kinds of people! Some are friendly and wonderful. Others are bitter and angry. Some people just have problems that we are not aware of.
Maybe things with the husband aren't as smooth as she would like, maybe she is comparing her kids to other kids (like yours) and she feels that she is not as good. Maybe she's even jealous of your business.
Either way we can't please everyone, so delete her from your list and send her an email telling her that if she ever wants to be put back on or if she ever wants to know the current specials just to pick up the phone or walk on over to find out.
I think you should invite her to show her there are no hard feelings, even though there may be some, because being the bigger person always feels GOOD!! :D

Debbie

You can't please everyone. I would just remove her from your mailing. Her loss!!:)

Aren't those sort of "wars" fun. Just remove her and don't say another word to her about the newsletter. And your hubby's party invite her, let her be the one with mud on her face not you.

bbauman07 said:
Aren't those sort of "wars" fun. Just remove her and don't say another word to her about the newsletter. And your hubby's party invite her, let her be the one with mud on her face not you.

I agree with Brooke - be the better person in this matter.

Get Over It - - Move On (as someone says) ;)

I still take it personally when someone asks to be removed from my list. I've got people on there from 8 years ago that I don't even remember who they are but if one of them asks to be removed, it hurts my feelings!

Must be that "pleaser" gene alot of women are born with!! Want to make everyone happy, take rejection personally :) Maybe we should eat some chocolate and move on! ;)

I got my first remove this month too. I hardly know the person so I try to not take it personally. SHe e-mailed me with REMOVE ME FROM YOUR MAILING LIST as the subject. No please, no message, all caps. I removed her and replied- You have been removed, thanks! I just thought it was so rude to be so harsh about it. Is it that hard to be nice?? It just frustrates me because she gave me her address. What does she think I am going to do with it?? Arggg!!

I make sure to put in my email list that I send once a month with maybe 2 months that have an extra email for extra specials. Maybe they think they will get it every week?

mine was just a case of someone wanting to lash out at me, and she got what she wanted, she bugged me. But I think I'm over it, (no longer plotting revenge :) ). I'm totally secure in I'm the much happier person. I don't have to hurt someone to make myself feel better! Thats why God invented chocolate!

gilliandanielle said:
I got my first remove this month too. I hardly know the person so I try to not take it personally. SHe e-mailed me with REMOVE ME FROM YOUR MAILING LIST as the subject. No please, no message, all caps. I removed her and replied- You have been removed, thanks! I just thought it was so rude to be so harsh about it. Is it that hard to be nice?? It just frustrates me because she gave me her address. What does she think I am going to do with it?? Arggg!!
I tell people that from their email address I can figure out where they live and that I will find them and camp out in front of their house until they have a show. One lady actually believed me. Note to self: Not everyone gets my sense of humor.

I totally understand the "need to please" syndrome-- I think that some of us women are just hard wired that way and it's hard to stop. I'm with the other ladies and just let it roll off your back-- but if it were me, I'd have a hard time taking my advice! I'm working on it--- BTW- Georgia, I love your Quote: Work for it Dont Wish for it-- I've been having my own little pity party" oh poor me... I can't get any recruits... poor me... I can't get as many bookings as so and so... poor me... I wish I could be a future director or director-- THANKS for pulling out of the party! :)

gilliandanielle said:

I think some people still don't understand caps is shouting ;) As for why she gave her addy and asked you to remove? Who knows? Some days this biz reminds me people are strange!

Maybe...I just am getting frustrated with these people from the fair that I did. I call them ONLY because they said maybe or yes to hosting or joining, then they sound so inconvienced that I called at all! What do they think I want?? I was just seeing if they were interested, but I'm not going to follow through with the interest?? AHHHHHH!! It drives me insane!!

People just don't trust other people and they are so friggan skeptical that someone isn't out to get them.

Gill, I've got the same problems from some recruit and host leads from the fundraiser happy hour. I've only heard back from one that "not right now but talk to me after new year's"...problem is when I got the slips it wasn't a place conducive to talking on the spot.

I think what I will do now that I've tried calling & emailing is mail some info and bless and release. Sometimes, that's all you can do. I'm even going to send to the gal that responded and just tell her here's some info she can look at in the meantime & I'll call/email in 3 mos. I hope this works!

People are strange. I worked a holiday bazaar yesterday, we had a door prize for a Free cooking show and $20 GC redeemable at the show. This lady came by and was talking to us, we asked if she would like to enter a drawing, she said, "sure, but don't call me to host a show." Ummm... what are you entering a drawing for then? :)

jaye said:
People are strange. I worked a holiday bazaar yesterday, we had a door prize for a Free cooking show and $20 GC redeemable at the show. This lady came by and was talking to us, we asked if she would like to enter a drawing, she said, "sure, but don't call me to host a show." Ummm... what are you entering a drawing for then? :)
I got sooo many of them yesterday. One lady told me that she was getting calls up until a week ago from last year's expo. I would call someone who was a customer/show attendee that long, but never someone who just entered to win and has no interest.

It kills me because they give you their name and address and email, but don't want you to contact them. Weird.

I wouldn't take it personally. If they haven't ordered in awhile I wouldn't waste my time. They may have just gone to the party to help out their friend. Maybe they are like me...I opened my email box yesterday to find 2000 emails that I had received in a 2 day time period. 1700 were in my spam box and were deleted without even looking to see what they were. So, maybe she is just trying to weed out things she doesn't use. As for the all caps, who knows. She probably didn't even think about it. Or, maybe she saw a ton of emails and it frustrated her, so she was venting. Either way I wouldn't worry about it.

I got a negative response when I sent out an e-mail reminder on the invite list for a host. My MASS mailing - Hey the host invited them I was just trying to help a person's fundraiser but like many people have said you can't please everyone.

What is "Punished by My Neighbor: Feeling Violated Over a Newsletter Reply" about?

"Punished by My Neighbor: Feeling Violated Over a Newsletter Reply" is a book written by a victim of online harassment. It tells the story of how a seemingly harmless email reply turned into a nightmare of unwanted attention and threats.

Is this book based on a true story?

Yes, "Punished by My Neighbor: Feeling Violated Over a Newsletter Reply" is based on a true story. The author experienced the events described in the book first-hand and has decided to share their story in hopes of raising awareness about online harassment.

Who is the target audience for this book?

The target audience for "Punished by My Neighbor: Feeling Violated Over a Newsletter Reply" is anyone who uses the internet and wants to learn more about the potential dangers of online interactions. It is also a valuable resource for victims of cyberbullying and harassment.

What can I do to protect myself from online harassment?

The best way to protect yourself from online harassment is to be mindful of your online interactions and to set boundaries. It's important to never share personal information with strangers and to block or report any unwanted or threatening messages.

Is this book available in other formats besides print?

Yes, "Punished by My Neighbor: Feeling Violated Over a Newsletter Reply" is available in both ebook and audiobook formats. It can be purchased through various online retailers or through the Pampered Chef website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • PamperedCaniac
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies