• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prevent Kitchen Shears from Rusting | Expert Tips and FAQs

In summary, a customer had concerns about their shears rusting and asked if they would be replaced. Another person mentioned that they had a similar issue and had to pay to send back their first pair. They also recommended not putting the shears in the dishwasher and using a stainless cleaner. Some people prefer the older style shears and have bought multiple pairs from the outlet. Others have had success promoting the outlet to others and even ordering for themselves.
milkangel
i had someone call a bout there shears rusting is that supose to happen? if not will they replace it?

To my knowledge it should not happen. And if they are still under warranty, PC will replace them..

That reminds me that I need to do an adjustment for mine, they are getting dull and have lost their spring.

Mine did the same thing. They replaced them, but I did have to pay to send back my first pair. I won't put mine in the dishwasher now. I am also very careful about cleaning and drying them right after I use them.

try the stainless cleaner on them (the black pair)- and heck if its the white try it as well - I love that stuff!

do you like the new ones as well as the old style one. i have quiet a few who like the older style ones better.

I have one lady who keeps buying the old ones on the outlet because she loves them so much. No joke, she has bought at least 8 pairs. She loves giving them as gifts! She prefers the old one and has told my rather bluntly that she doesn't like the new ones. But, she is thankful for the outlet and buys from their regularly :)

i personally prefer the older ones - the cute everything - I like the look of the new ones but they don't perform as well -

christinaspc said:
do you like the new ones as well as the old style one. i have quiet a few who like the older style ones better.
Oh, I love love love :love: the old ones! When they were on the outlet I sent a little note to all my contacts about how my fav. shears were avaliable and got a number of orders! I even ordered from the outlet from myself!:)

Related to Prevent Kitchen Shears from Rusting | Expert Tips and FAQs

1. How do I prevent my kitchen shears from rusting?

To prevent your kitchen shears from rusting, make sure to dry them completely after each use. Additionally, store them in a dry place and avoid exposing them to moisture or humidity. You can also apply a thin layer of vegetable oil to the blades to create a protective barrier against rust.

2. Can I put my kitchen shears in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to put your kitchen shears in the dishwasher as the harsh detergents and high heat can cause the blades to rust. It is best to hand wash them with warm soapy water and dry them thoroughly afterwards.

3. How often should I clean my kitchen shears?

It is best to clean your kitchen shears after each use to prevent food residue and bacteria from building up. Make sure to also dry them thoroughly before storing them.

4. Can I use my kitchen shears for cutting meat and other foods?

Yes, kitchen shears can be used for cutting a variety of foods including meat, poultry, and vegetables. However, make sure to clean them thoroughly after each use and avoid using them on foods with hard bones or shells as this can damage the blades.

5. How do I sharpen my kitchen shears?

You can sharpen your kitchen shears by using a knife sharpener or a honing stone. Make sure to follow the instructions provided with the sharpener and be careful when sharpening to avoid any accidents. It is also recommended to have your shears professionally sharpened every 6-12 months for optimal performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • cookinfletch
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissyPC
  • ChefLAM
  • Products and Tips
Replies