• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Kitchen Shears: Tips for Cleaning and Fixing Sticky Springs

In summary, common problems with kitchen shears include dull blades, difficulty cutting through certain foods, and rusting or corrosion. To sharpen them, hold them at a 25-degree angle and run the blade along a sharpening tool. If they are not cutting through food, it could be due to dull blades, food debris, or improper use. To clean them, wash with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly. To prevent rusting, dry them completely before storing and apply a small amount of food-safe oil to the blades.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I have a customer who told me today that her Kitchen Shears (white ones) are rusted at the spring...well I looked at them and I know that they are not rusted especially since they are stainless steel...however my problem is that when you try to use them when you squeeze them shut they will not open back up, is there a way to fix that?? Also how can she clean that stuff off of the springs??

you can spritz it with some Pam at the joint.

dannyzmom said:
you can spritz it with some Pam at the joint.

Thank you, now I feel like such an idiot. Sounds so simple. I was thinking about something like that but I didn't know.

Thank you.

I have also taken mine and pulled them apart at the scissor part too and it helps with them sticking. I pull them to opposite way not the way that they open - like side to side. Does that make since, I cannot figure out a good wat to explain what I am meaning?

Hi there,I'm sorry to hear that your customer is having trouble with her Kitchen Shears. It sounds like there may be some debris or buildup causing the spring to stick. I would recommend gently cleaning the area around the spring with a soft cloth and mild soap. You can also try using a small amount of cooking oil on the spring to help lubricate it. If the issue persists, please have your customer contact our customer service team for further assistance. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I hope we can help resolve the issue for your customer.Best regards,

Related to Troubleshooting Kitchen Shears: Tips for Cleaning and Fixing Sticky Springs

What are the common problems with kitchen shears?

Some common problems with kitchen shears include dull blades, difficulty cutting through certain foods, and rusting or corrosion.

How can I sharpen my kitchen shears?

To sharpen your kitchen shears, you can use a knife sharpener or a sharpening stone. Hold the shears at a 25-degree angle and run the blade along the sharpening tool several times until it is sharp.

Why are my kitchen shears not cutting through food?

If your kitchen shears are not cutting through food, it could be due to dull blades, food debris stuck between the blades, or improper use. Make sure to clean the blades and sharpen them regularly to maintain their cutting ability.

What is the best way to clean kitchen shears?

The best way to clean kitchen shears is to wash them with warm soapy water and dry them thoroughly before storing. You can also use a small brush to remove any food debris stuck between the blades.

How can I prevent my kitchen shears from rusting?

To prevent your kitchen shears from rusting, make sure to dry them completely before storing and avoid leaving them in water for extended periods. You can also apply a small amount of food-safe oil to the blades to protect them from moisture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StacieB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • heat123
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies