• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing for a Snow Event: Tips for Salvaging Outdoor Events

In summary, to stay warm while playing in the snow, dress in layers, stay active, and wear appropriate gear. Some fun activities to do in the snow include building a snowman and having a snowball fight. To prevent your car from getting stuck in the snow, have the necessary tools and drive carefully. Safety tips for playing in the snow include using the buddy system and avoiding dangerous areas. To protect your skin from the cold weather, moisturize regularly and use sunscreen and protective gear.
niktim3
Looking for some info....
We are expecting a large snow fall amount friday, and the show I have, we are expecitng at least 10.... so, if I need to cancel, as the show is 45 minutes from here, how do you try to salvage what you can? I have encouraged the host for the outside orders....
Thanks for your help!

Don't count it out until it happens! You may not get as much as you think. Talk with your host, I usually tell her we'll make a decision that day and if she wants help calling people I can help her. Most of my shows have held in the snow, just takes longer to get there and fewer people may show up. You can offer to do a catalog show if it doesn't hold or offer to change to the following week (tell all guests when you call them). I've done a white sale before. One of the door prizes was 10% off everything white since it had been snowing all day.

You can set up a conference call through freeconference.com, and do a "phone show" - talk about cookware, stoneware, hosting, etc. And book the current host from herself for a later date. Of course, best case would be that you don't have to cancel. :)

Related to Preparing for a Snow Event: Tips for Salvaging Outdoor Events

1. How do I stay warm while playing in the snow?

To stay warm while playing in the snow, make sure to dress in layers and wear waterproof outerwear. Also, keep moving and stay active to generate body heat. Don't forget to wear a hat, gloves, and warm socks to keep extremities warm.

2. What are some fun activities to do in the snow?

There are many fun activities to do in the snow, such as building a snowman, having a snowball fight, sledding, or making snow angels. You can also try making a snow fort or going ice skating if there is a frozen lake or pond nearby.

3. How do I keep my car from getting stuck in the snow?

To prevent your car from getting stuck in the snow, make sure to have a snow shovel and ice scraper in your car. You can also use kitty litter or sand to help provide traction if your car gets stuck. It's also important to have good winter tires and to drive slowly and cautiously in snowy conditions.

4. What are some safety tips for playing in the snow?

When playing in the snow, it's important to stay safe. Make sure to have a buddy system and never play alone. Avoid areas with thin ice or moving water, and always wear a helmet when sledding or skiing. It's also a good idea to stay hydrated and take breaks indoors to warm up.

5. How do I protect my skin from the cold weather?

To protect your skin from the cold weather, make sure to moisturize regularly and use sunscreen, even on cloudy days. Wear a scarf or face mask to cover your face and protect it from windburn. If you will be outside for an extended period, consider using hand and foot warmers to keep extremities from getting too cold.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
mandy412
  • pamperedalf
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
Replies