• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prep Bowl Lids Turning Yellow!!

In summary, prep bowl lids may turn yellow due to exposure to heat or acidic foods, but this does not affect their functionality or safety. To prevent yellowing, avoid exposing the lids to these substances and try cleaning them with vinegar or baking soda. If yellow stains do occur, they can be removed with various methods such as using a vinegar and baking soda mixture or soaking in a bleach solution. To maintain the color of the lids, it is important to clean them immediately after use and avoid exposing them to heat or sunlight.
tonzafunn
I wash and dry my lids, so why in the world are they getting yellow spots on them? I dont know if this is a problem for anybody else, but I cant take them anywhere because it is embarassing. I store them in the cabinet with my other dishes and these are the only ones that do that. Home office said to try a magic eraser on them, so I did but it didnt work. Any other suggestions?

There used to be a product called Plastic Booster by Cascade for machine wash. You could try that. I have used it a couple of times and they do seem to be whiter. Top shelf of course! Same thing too, yellow spots. It is grease usually. Someone else used 409 and it too made a difference. She poured 409 in the dish pan, added hot water, and soaked the lids for about half an hour in hot water. Scrubbed them and off the spots came. HTH!

Lay them in the sun all day and they will bleach out. Can also do that with the white spatulas.

Related to Prep Bowl Lids Turning Yellow!!

1. Why are my prep bowl lids turning yellow?

The most common reason for yellowing prep bowl lids is exposure to heat or acidic foods. This can cause a chemical reaction that can discolor the lid.

2. Can I still use my prep bowl lids if they are yellow?

Yes, yellowing of prep bowl lids is only a cosmetic issue and does not affect the functionality or safety of the lids. They are still safe to use for food storage and preparation.

3. How can I prevent my prep bowl lids from turning yellow?

To prevent yellowing, avoid exposing the lids to heat or acidic foods. You can also try using a vinegar or baking soda solution to clean the lids, as these can help remove yellow stains.

4. Can I remove the yellow stains from my prep bowl lids?

Yes, there are several methods you can try to remove yellow stains from prep bowl lids. Some options include using a mixture of vinegar and baking soda, rubbing lemon juice on the stains, or soaking the lids in a bleach solution.

5. Are there any tips for maintaining the color of my prep bowl lids?

To maintain the color of your prep bowl lids, it is important to clean them immediately after use and avoid using them with hot or acidic foods. You can also try storing them away from direct sunlight or heat sources to prevent discoloration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • emmabelle47