• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Roast in the New Deep Dish Covered Baker!

In summary, the speaker recounts their experience trying a new recipe for cooking a roast in just 30 minutes using a covered baker and a frozen roast. They initially considered using frozen chicken breasts but ultimately decided on a roast. They prepped the roast with seasoning, potatoes, and carrots and cooked it in their small microwave, but had to transfer it to a larger one midway through. The end result was a delicious and successful dish that impressed their guests and even led to booking another show.
COOKINWITHSHERRI
Gold Member
This is long - but you'll be glad you read it!
I had a BINGO tonight and I was at the store to get a chicken to try out the 30 min recipe. I forgot to pick up one to have it thawed out and ready to cook. They didn’t have any thawed whole chickens and Well, I’m so glad they didn’t! At first I picked up some frozen chicken breasts and thought I’d just used those, thinking that the moisture from them being frozen would help keep it moist… I was brainstorming with another consultant friend while I was at the store. (Thanks Anna! – She lent me the covered baker.) I knew it was too late to do the whole chicken and I wasn’t totally sure about doing the frozen breasts so I thought, why don’t I use a roast. I had a roast in the freezer, so I thought I’d try out. (I was trying to keep my cost down!) I pre-make all my food for BINGO’s, so while other things were cooking I took the frozen roast and placed it in the baker… My micro is really small, it fit but wouldn’t turn. Directions for the chicken say if it doesn’t turn on it’s own, then turn it half way.

So here’s how I prepped it…..
Frozen Roast on the bottom. I found a packet of roast seasoning at ALDI’s and rubbed it on top. (Usually I pour in a packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix, but I thought I’d try something new.)
I cut about 5 potatoes with the crinkle cutter (Skins on) and threw in about ½ a bag of Baby Carrots in. (Veggies around the roast.) I put about 1/8 cup of water sprinkled on the veggies – I was scared for the potatoes..

So I started cooking it. About 15 minutes into it, the door on my micro came open (because it was trying to turn… LOL) So I thought, OK I’ll just finish it up at the Club House in their micro, while I’m setting up. I cooked it an additional 30 minutes. (It did turn in there, but just barely.) I put it out on the table and put the lid on it to set, like the chicken recipe says. I finished dishing up and did my talk about what were about it eat – about 10-15 minutes. I take the lid off and it smelled WONDERFUL! It did brown – I’m sure it was the seasoning… As customers were coming in they all remarked and asked what smells SO GOOD? I had explained during my talk that they were my taste testers, that this was a new product and a new recipe. I cut into it and it’s done all the way through, it cut really easy. The carrots were yummy. I don’t think anyone tried the potatoes though. They looked dried up and not very pretty. Maybe it was because I cut them too small? I didn’t taste them either…. So needless to say, all and all it was a big hit…. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I’ll be getting one at the 60% OFF for sure. It was great cooking a roast in less than an hour – From the freezer!!! It had the taste of my roasts that I cook all day!

I booked another February Show because of it! WOO HOO!!!!!

Last edited:
Sounds fabulous!! I can't wait to try a roast - my family has been LOVING the chicken!!

So if you want to try this recipe, it’s really easy!30-Minute RoastIngredients:1 Frozen Beef Roast (2-3 lbs)1-2 lbs of potatoes, cut into wedges (skins on)1 lb of baby carrots1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix1/8 cup of waterDirections:1. Place frozen roast in the bottom of the Covered Baker.2. Rub packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix on top of roast.3. Cut potatoes into wedges and place around the roast.4. Add baby carrots on top of the potatoes.5. Sprinkle 1/8 cup of water over the vegetables.6. Cover with lid and cook in microwave for 30 minutes.7. Let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.8. Serve and enjoy!

What is the Deep Dish Covered Baker and how does it work?

The Deep Dish Covered Baker is a versatile kitchen tool that is perfect for roasting and baking. It is made of stoneware and has a glazed finish that allows for even heat distribution and easy cleaning. The lid traps in moisture and creates a steam effect while cooking, resulting in tender and flavorful roasts.

What types of dishes can I make in the Deep Dish Covered Baker?

The Deep Dish Covered Baker is perfect for roasting meats such as chicken, beef, and pork. It can also be used to bake casseroles, lasagnas, and even desserts like cobblers. The possibilities are endless!

How do I use the Deep Dish Covered Baker to roast meat?

To roast meat in the Deep Dish Covered Baker, simply preheat your oven to the desired temperature and place the meat in the baker. Cover with the lid and cook for the recommended time. The lid will trap in moisture and the stoneware will evenly distribute heat, resulting in a perfectly cooked roast.

Do I need to preheat the Deep Dish Covered Baker?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the Deep Dish Covered Baker before placing food inside. This will ensure even cooking and prevent the stoneware from cracking due to sudden temperature changes.

Is the Deep Dish Covered Baker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Deep Dish Covered Baker is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash with warm soapy water to prolong the life of the stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDi
  • marystell1
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
marystell1
  • chefmoseley