• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Praying for a Struggling New Christian: Seeking God Amidst Life's Challenges

In summary, the woman is having trouble with her life. She is pregnant and her husband is angry. Her life was better before, but now it is not. She is stressed and does not look towards God.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
You guys may remember my "best show ever" where my host got saved at the end of the night. Well, like some new Christians do, she's struggling. She hasn't yet been to church and I'm not sure she's reading her bible. Her life was out of control before and now it is not a whole lot better and she doesn't seem to realize that the answers lie with God. Her heart wants to stay home with her babies, but she is the main breadwinner for her family. Her husband never graduated college and his job is good, but has an inconsistent pay schedule (car mechanic he somehow works on a sales commission base). We talked alot, but she can't see passed her problems.

She also just found out she's pregnant again. This was an unwanted (unplanned) pregnancy. She is very excited about it (she wants to have 6 or 7 babies), but her husband is pissed! After she was saved and there was peace in the home for awhile is when she got pregnant. Now there is the tension again. They also just got over a cancer scare with her husband (turns out it was an infected gland or something). She is stressed. She is burdened. She is not looking toward God.

Please pray for the Lord to reveal himself to her in a way she cannot ignore. He wants her. He drew near to her and she accepted Him. Please pray for angels to stay incamped around the babies Jenna (age 3), Carter (age 16 mos) an the new baby. Please pray that she craves the word and fellowship with other Christians. Please pray for the salvation of her husband.

Thank you, mighty prayer warriors!! To God be the glory. Praise Him. Thank you Jesus!!

She'll be in my prayers. This is definitely one of Satan's tricks. I'm glad she ahs someone like you to talk with.

My prayers will go up for this family. It seems as though the devil is out to rob peoples' home today. It is definitely hard!!

Thank you for sharing this update on your host's journey. It is always a blessing to hear about someone coming to know and accept the Lord. However, it is also important to remember that the journey of faith is not always easy, especially for new believers.I am sorry to hear that your host is struggling and not fully embracing the peace and answers that come from God. I will definitely keep her and her family in my prayers. I pray that the Lord will reveal Himself to her in a powerful way that she cannot ignore. I also pray for her husband's salvation and for peace and unity in their home.As for her pregnancy, I pray for protection and good health for both her and the new baby. I also pray for wisdom and guidance for her and her husband as they navigate this unexpected pregnancy. May the Lord provide for all their needs and bless them with the strength and patience to overcome any challenges.I also pray that your host will have a desire to read the word and seek fellowship with other believers. May the Lord surround her with a supportive and loving community that will help her grow in her faith.Thank you for being a caring and supportive friend to your host. May the Lord use you to be a light and encouragement in her life. Keep shining for Him, and may He be glorified in all that you do.In His love,

1. How can I effectively pray for a struggling new Christian?

Praying for a struggling new Christian starts with recognizing their challenges and offering specific prayers for their needs. It is important to pray for their spiritual growth, protection from temptation, and guidance in their daily life. You can also pray for God to surround them with a supportive community and for them to have a personal encounter with Him.

2. What are some biblical examples of praying for a struggling new Christian?

In Acts 4:23-31, the early church prayed for boldness and strength for new believers in the face of persecution. In Colossians 1:9-14, Paul prayed for the new Christians to grow in their understanding of God's will and to have endurance and patience in their struggles. Additionally, in 1 Thessalonians 3:9-13, Paul prayed for the new believers' faith and love to increase.

3. How can I encourage a struggling new Christian to pray for themselves?

You can encourage a struggling new Christian to pray for themselves by reminding them of God's love and faithfulness. Encourage them to express their struggles and needs to God and to trust in His promises. You can also share your own experiences of how prayer has helped you in difficult times.

4. Is it okay to ask God for specific outcomes when praying for a struggling new Christian?

Yes, it is okay to ask God for specific outcomes when praying for a struggling new Christian. However, it is important to also pray for God's will to be done and to trust in His plan for their life. Sometimes, what we think is best for someone may not align with God's perfect plan for them.

5. How can I continue to support a struggling new Christian through prayer?

You can continue to support a struggling new Christian through prayer by regularly checking in with them and asking how you can specifically pray for them. You can also share encouraging Bible verses and remind them of God's love and faithfulness. Additionally, you can pray with them in person or over the phone to provide them with spiritual support and strength.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Kearns
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • quiverfull7
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • nikked