• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers Needed for Aunt Bonnie - Admitted to ICU

In summary, my aunt that I mentioned in the New Year's Eve thread is not doing well. They admitted her to the ICU today and if you wouldn't mind, please keep her in your prayers. Her name is Bonnie.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
My aunt that I mentioned in the New Year's Eve thread -- she is not doing well. They admitted her to the ICU today. If you wouldn't mind, please keep her in your prayers. Her name is Bonnie.
Thanks

I will prayMy thoughts and prayers are with you and your family
Doreen Zaino 252326
Wave 2

You got it Carolyn. I am really sorry to hear the news. :(

Carolyn, you, your aunt and your family are all in our prayers.

You, your aunt and the rest of your family are in my prayers!

Carolyn,

Please share this with your family and your Aunt. My God see to it that the power of his love and the strength of the Holy Spirit bring the gift of healing upon your Aunt. Bless you all in this time of need.

"We said a prayer for you today
and know God must’ve heard,

We felt the answer in our hearts
although He spoke no words.

We didn’t ask for wealth or fame,
We knew you wouldn’t mind.

We asked him to send treasures
of a far more lasting kind.

We asked that he be near you
at the start of each new day.

To grant you health & blessings
and friends to share your way.

We asked for happiness for you,
In all things great and small.

But it was for His loving care,
we asked the most of all!"

Oh Carolyn! I am so sorry. You are all in my prayers. 2006 really just needs to end. You need this like you need a hole in the head. I am sending hugs your way.:(

Praying for you and your Aunt Bonnie. So sorry.

I will keep her in my prayers as well. Remember, with God, all things are possible!

Carolyn, I am returning your hug from earlier w/ a prayer. I am sorry to hear about your aunt.

Hugs and prayers coming my way Carolyn to all of you.

(((HUGS))) and prayers for your entire family. You have our support. How lovely for your Anut to have you looking out for her... God Bless

Well you guys - we prayed and God heard us. Amazing!!
If you could have seen what she looked like yesterday...well, here - I will copy the email I sent out to family last night...but first let me tell you this - we called the ICU this morning and she is "doing much better" and is being moved out of the ICU and back into a regular room today!! I will be going to see her around noon and will update further when I get home.

But I wanted to say THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU for offering up your prayers and good thoughts. Some of you know how hard this seasons as been for our family - for those who don't -- my Great Aunt (Grandmother's sister) was killed in a car wreck on Nov 9th...a week later my grandmother was admitted to the hospital with fluid in her lungs only to get better and then worse and she passed away on December 16th...followed now by this with my aunt (my Grandmother's daughter/my mother's baby sister). So with all the tragedy we've been dealing with - Chef Success has been my little refuge and I thank you ALL for being here for me. I am so thankful to have this site.

So, anyway - here is what was going on last night with Aunt Bonnie - it's just amazing - an absolute miracle that she is being moved out of the ICU today.

A few minutes before I arrived at the hospital, she had a seizure. So when I got there she was in this asleep-state. It took her about 1/2 hour to come out of it and slowly she was semi-ok - was complaining of nausea and chest pain. Docs said her sodium levels in her body were too low so they started pumping her back up.

She was tired and in pain and nauseas - very complainy and uncomfortable. Then as I was laying in bed w/her, she had another seizure - a big one - awful, foaming at the mouth, groaning, growly noises - just horrid...and took much longer coming out of this one. And when she came out of it she was unable to talk in any sensible way - she was talking complete gobbledy-gook "The monkenfrack was funster and frackeren." and then she'd look at us like "ya know?" and was shocked we had no clue what she was saying.

They ended up moving her to the Medical ICU and that's where she is now.
Mom's in denial - I am in shock. My brother is flying in first thing in the morning.

Please let us know how she is. I hope that they will force her to get more help if she is suffering from annorexia. What a horrible disease. Just know that we all love you Carolyn and are here if you should need to vent or talk.

I'm glad to hear she's out of ICU Carolyn. Sounds like things are looking up for your family.

I'm glad to hear she's doing better Carolyn. I'm sorry I wasn't able to send my prayers sooner (I just found this thread) But they are there now for your Aunt Bonnie. ;)

Sending good thoughts your way!

Thanks you guys - she is back to "normal" today - using the term "normal" very loosely. She is coherent and lucid...has NO memory of yesterday at all (lucky her - I, on the other hand, will NEVER forget it). She is totally manic. Talking a mile a minute, zipping from one topic to another - can't sit still, etc. She was supposed to have a Psych Evaluation yesterday but the psychiatrist arrived when she was zonked after the seizure so that was useless. I am hoping he comes back today. I am SO drained - I am going to take a nap. (If I can pull myself away from Netwinner - LOL)

Last edited:
I can't remember if it was here or somewhere else- but I read somewhere yesterday that "normal" is just a setting on a dryer!! It made me laugh and I thought of it when I read your post, LOL! Get some sleep, you deserve it!!

You're so funny Gillian! I wasn't expecting to read that at all!!;)

Sending good thoughts your way as well. And I agree with the "normal" setting as well;)

gilliandanielle said:
I can't remember if it was here or somewhere else- but I read somewhere yesterday that "normal" is just a setting on a dryer!! It made me laugh and I thought of it when I read your post, LOL! Get some sleep, you deserve it!!

LOL - that's the quote at the bottom of my email signature - LOL

OMG!! That is where I read it, LOL!! Well... at least you have heard it before, LMAO!!!! I love it!

Wow Carolyn, I am so sorry, I just read this. Yet I am happy she is doing better. If you need anything and need to chat, call me. You are just having a year. I know what you mean about this site. Such an outlet. Totally thinking of you!!!! My heart is with you!!!!

Prayers are with you and your family..Hi Carolyn,

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt and the rest of your family. It's really been a tough year! I'll keep you all in my prayers. Even though your aunt Bonnie's feeling better, she still has a tough road ahead of her. I hope she finds the treatment she needs.

Big hugs,
Diane

Jilleysue said:
Wow Carolyn, I am so sorry, I just read this. Yet I am happy she is doing better. If you need anything and need to chat, call me. You are just having a year. I know what you mean about this site. Such an outlet. Totally thinking of you!!!! My heart is with you!!!!

Thanks so much Jill - it really HAS been a helluva year. I hope & pray '07 is MUCH better for us. Thankfully our sense of humor keeps us sane (haha) through all of this. Yesterday we were in the ICU waiting room while they were getting Bonnie all situated. There was this wonderful HUGE family in there - about 20 people all waiting to see one woman who'd had an anyurism (sp?) and my mom said something about how amazing it is that this woman has SO many family members all here to see her and what a huge family they have. Then she said "We have such a small family." and I shot back at her "Yeah - 'cuz you keep killing them off" LOL It was good to have a morbid, silly laugh finally.

Jill, I almost called you today to see if you wanted to take my show up in Lake Worth tomorrow night - it's the mother of the hostess you met in Plantation last month. But with Bonnie feeling so much better today I think I can handle it.

Anyway - thanks for your good thoughts and sweet words - I am so glad to have you on my team :)

Carolyn,

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope she gets the help that she needs. You may have a small family but it sounds like you're a close family and able to be there for each other.

God Bless and I'll keep you in my prayers.

MicheleC said:
Carolyn,

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope she gets the help that she needs. You may have a small family but it sounds like you're a close family and able to be there for each other.

God Bless and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Thanks - we may not have it all together...but together we have it all :)

i am so sorry to hear that My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Related to Prayers Needed for Aunt Bonnie - Admitted to ICU

1. How is Aunt Bonnie doing in the ICU?

Aunt Bonnie is currently stable and receiving excellent care from the medical team. We are hopeful for her recovery.

2. Can you provide an update on Aunt Bonnie's condition?

As of now, Aunt Bonnie is still in the ICU and her condition is being closely monitored. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers for her.

3. What can we do to help Aunt Bonnie during this time?

At this time, the best way to support Aunt Bonnie is through sending positive thoughts and prayers. We also ask for privacy for the family during this difficult time.

4. Is there a specific prayer or message we can send for Aunt Bonnie?

Any prayers or positive messages for Aunt Bonnie and her family are greatly appreciated. She is a strong and resilient woman, and we believe in the power of collective prayers and good thoughts.

5. Are there any specific needs or requests for Aunt Bonnie while she is in the ICU?

Right now, the focus is on Aunt Bonnie's recovery and the medical team is taking care of all her needs. We ask for continued prayers and support for her during this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcchefjane
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • cat