• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Needed: A Difficult Week for Me and My Husband

In summary, the speaker had a difficult week with spotting and low Pregesteron levels, leading to a scheduled ultrasound that showed a 5 1/2 week pregnancy with no heart motion. They ask for prayers and have faith in God's plan, even if it results in a miscarriage. Other speakers offer their support and share their own stories of faith and hope after their own miscarriages. The speaker later updates that the pregnancy has failed but thanks everyone for their prayers and support.
feather18
Hey everyone, We have had a hard week. Monday I started spotting, and it went on that my Pregesteron levels were low. which is what keeps the baby attached to the uterus. So after these complications, they schedule a US yesterday, and i am supposed to be 8weeks, but the ultrasound only showed me being 5 1/2 weeks. and now heart motion. Pretty much we will have another US this tuesday, and if there is no heart motion it wil be considered missed.

I am just asking that you will please pray, me and my husband need strength till Tuesday and after that. I know that if this is a misscarry there is a reason, and it is in Gods plan. It is just so hard, because we left it all up to God, and now it is failing. I know God is all knowing. and knows more than me. I just pray that if it is not our time right now, that we will be able to try again.

Thank you all. and thanks for letting me share my heart a little.

Praying for you and your husband to keep the strength through this questionable time.

You are in my prayers....

You're in my prayers.

Heather,

I pray for God's peace to overcome you. He is the only one who knows what will happen and He will carry you both!
Hang in there!

I will pray for you! God Bless You and your hubby, honey!:angel:
I do want to say something though, if you did miscarry, don't loose your faith! Babies are a gift from God and God wants you to be blessed with one. He knows the inner most desires of you heart.... and miscarriages are not in His plan! You just need to press in to Him and have strong faith. If you did miscarry.... you will be okay, and you will get pregnant again. I feel that I can say this because I did miscarry 8 years ago on June 8, 1999. It was the hardest thing I've ever been through, because we had been trying for 1 1/2 years. I was devistated but I picked myself up and kept confessing that I would have a strong and healthy pregnancy again soon. I got pregnant 4 months later. I had some difficulties with my next pregnancy BUT we prevailed with our faith and God's will and I have a beautiful 7 year old daughter, and we have our son who is 11. I had my daughter 1 month early... and she was born on June 8, 2000! (go look above, at the date that I had my miscarriage!) I took the date at a sign from God! When I had my amnio on June 6th, and was scheduled for my c-section (I had placentia previa... a c-section was my only option) for June 8th, I was very happy... but as I was sitting in my hospital bed, I thought .... June 8th????.... then it hit me why the date was such a big deal and in my heart and almost as loud as day... I heard "See, I told you I'd take care of you..... just keep trusting and having faith in me!"
True story! Have faith! I pray that you have not miscarried now, and will continue to pray for this pregnancy... I just wanted to give you some hope. I know this thread isn't about me.... I just wanted to encourage you with a faith story!
God bless you, honey!:angel:

Last edited:
Heather~

I pray that God's peace would flow over both you and your DH. I pray that you have not miscarried, but if you have, that God will bless you and give you a child soon!

It is very difficult to rest back in His hands and trust that everything happens for a reason...but He will give you the strength to do just that!

Keep the faith!
In Him,
Kelly

Thank you so much for incourgament. it is a blessing . and thank you for your story. that is so awesome how God works.

Hey everyone. Just to update, we found out today it is a failed pregnancy. I am ok. I was preparing myself for it, but i know we will try again!
So i just wanted to thank you all for your prayers. It means so much to have such great people care about you. Thank you again.

So sorryYou will continue to be in my prayers. So sorry for your loss.

Debbie :(

Heather, I'm so sorry for this loss in your family. May God hold you and your husband close and continue to give you the courage and strength that only He can! Lean on Him... He's got joy coming for you...just rest in Him. I know that every heart here on CS aches for you.

I'm so sorry. You'll continue to be in my prayers.

Sorry for your loss, my brother and SIL just lost one a few weeks ago. Sad...but God has a plan. Best wishes for a safe and healthy pregnancy next time around.

I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers.

We went through something similar before we conceived Little Man Asa. It's hard, but it sounds like you have God in your sight. I will continue to pray for health, restoration, and a beautiful baby soon to be in your arms.

I am definitely saying a prayer for you. I've been there 3 times. Twice before my first daughter who will be 3 in December and once before my second daughter who is 8 months. It's hard and you do begin to question things and why God allowed this to happen. I'm not saying I understand now why God let it happen but I decided I had to let go of the questions and just know he had a better plan for my life than I did. I also want to say that we don't always have to like God's plan and it's ok to say outloud that you are mad. He knows what you are thinking anyway so I found that by saying it outloud it made me feel better. Keep praying to Him for guidance! And I'll keep praying for your situation. :)

Heather, I just wanted you to know I am praying with you sweetie.

We've had similar experiences and that painful waiting time is excruciating. We had progesterone issues and continue to. We lost our second baby at about 9 weeks and with our third I started spotting kinda heavy and they tested my progesterone at a 7 (instead of above 18, where they like it to be). I started the prometrium pilles 3 times a day 300mg/day and my numbers shot to 63 practically over night and my bleeding stopped instantly. For my fourth pregnancy my numbers were a little better at a 14, but still not extremely high so I was back on prometrium 400mg/day. MY OB tells me they have no proof that the extra progesterone helps, but they'll continue to put me on it for each pregnancy just in case.

Please keep us posted. I know we're all anxious to hear.

~*~BUMP~*~ (still thinking and praying for you) :angel:

I am so sorry to hear about this Heather...... I will keep you in my prayers.....and I am sorry for your loss. I have been where you are twice... I lost one in May of this year.... take one day at a time. I won't say it gets easier but in time you will heal. We all here for you.

Last edited:
Love, hugs and prayers.

Praying for you~so sorry for the loss of your baby....

I'm praying for you too. I'm spotting at 6 wks right now but my doctor wont see me. I guess I'm in the waiting game right now. But while I'm waiting, I'm praying for you.

Hey everyone. I just want to thank all of you for your words of encouragement and prayers. At first I was sad, but when you trust in God, he helps you to understand why. I know right now i do not know exactly, but i know it is for good. I have felt fine, with a little hurting..(i guess that is normal) and have had a pretty good attitude about it. We havent decided exactly when we will try again but we will be trying soon.
Im so glad all of you are here. I am very thankful that i found this site.

ok now for some questions, because i dont know whats going on with my body!!

OK, It happened Tues, and they had to give me med. to pass it. well i had cramping first day, and then after that there was no more pain. well recently i have been having BAD gas pains. and it feels like if i stretch, it will hurt my stomach. is that normal? im guessing im constipated.. yes i know your reading going.."TMI" but i am just wondering if that is why i am having the pain, or if it is all my women parts out of wack? Thanks for the help.!!!

Love all of you!

Spatch, I hope it turns out well for you, you will be in my prayers. oh and why wont he see you!!??!!

I don't know why he wont see me but the bleeding has stopped (and nausea returned) so I will assume that all is well. Hang in there. We're still praying for you. Praying for peace and strength.

So sorry for your loss Heather - may you heal emotionally and physically with time.

Hope this helps
feather18 said:
Hey everyone. I just want to thank all of you for your words of encouragement and prayers. At first I was sad, but when you trust in God, he helps you to understand why. I know right now i do not know exactly, but i know it is for good. I have felt fine, with a little hurting..(i guess that is normal) and have had a pretty good attitude about it. We havent decided exactly when we will try again but we will be trying soon.
Im so glad all of you are here. I am very thankful that i found this site.

ok now for some questions, because i dont know whats going on with my body!!

OK, It happened Tues, and they had to give me med. to pass it. well i had cramping first day, and then after that there was no more pain. well recently i have been having BAD gas pains. and it feels like if i stretch, it will hurt my stomach. is that normal? im guessing im constipated.. yes i know your reading going.."TMI" but i am just wondering if that is why i am having the pain, or if it is all my women parts out of wack? Thanks for the help.!!!

Love all of you!

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyloss/mcphysicalrecovery.html

What can I expect physically after a miscarriage?
It takes a few weeks to a month or more to recover physically from a miscarriage. Your recovery will depend on how far along you were into the pregnancy. Some women experience the following physical effects:

Vaginal bleeding, similar to a menstrual period, may last up to a week after a miscarriage.
Light bleeding, or spotting.
Depending on your menstrual cycle, normal periods should resume in 3-6 weeks.
Lower abdominal pain similar to menstrual cramps may last up to 2 days after the miscarriage.
Breast discomfort, engorgement or leaking milk; ice packs and a supportive bra may relieve discomfort. This discomfort usually stops within a week.
Some pregnancy hormones remain in the blood for one to two months after a miscarriage.

http://folsomobgyn.com/miscarriage.htm

When should I call my doctor?
If you are pregnant and have bleeding from your vagina, with or without pain, call your doctor. If the bleeding is heavy or you have severe pain, see your doctor immediately.

If you are recovering from a miscarriage, call your doctor immediately if you have these symptoms:

heavy bleeding
fever
chills
severe abdominal pain

Make sure you find support in this time. Your emotions may also roller coaster, your body is in shock and will need some time to get back to normal. My prayers are with you. Ask your doctor but I heard it's recommended to wait until you have had your first regular menstrual cycle before trying to get pregnant again.

Debbie :D

Spatch said:
I don't know why he wont see me but the bleeding has stopped (and nausea returned) so I will assume that all is well. Hang in there. We're still praying for you. Praying for peace and strength.
Nausea is GOOD! It means lots of pregnancy hormones! My friend, a head nurse, told me that that was a great, positive sign!! I remember when I was pregnant with my daughter, after miscarrying, and I started spotting, I had placentia previa, which can be bad if not caught and monitored, quick!! So, I would demand an ultra sound and visit with doctor, if he doesn't seem to care, get a new doctor, and/or go to an urgent care or ER. they did that with me and found out I had my PP. One thing that is important if you do have it is, don't have sex!!! I know, :eek: !! but it's true, and I'd wait until you know all is good before you do anything. The, ummm.... errrr.... final sensational feeling (climax):blushing: :eek: :blushing: is what is bad when you have PP. At least wait until they've ruled it out! If I (we) can go without it for 7 months (yep 7 months!:eek: :blushing: !) then you can too! It's worth it, for a safe and healthy baby!
Just some advice! Could be not what's going on at all, but worth mentioning!;)

Debbie, you are so awesome. Thank you so much for that!! I am going to read up on that and figure out whats up!

Oh and Spatch, im glad all is well so far. I will continue to pray for you as well. and Cathy, that is good advice. and true. the spotting for me started after one of those.. ahem.. um.. ... heh :eek: :eek: :eek: :blushing: so def. be careful. but thanks again for the support!:love:

I'm sorry for your loss ~ prayers, hugs and love to you and your husband.

Related to Prayer Needed: A Difficult Week for Me and My Husband

1. What is the reason for the difficult week for you and your husband?

The difficult week is due to complications during the pregnancy, such as low progesterone levels and a discrepancy in the expected gestational age based on an ultrasound.

2. What are the implications of the low progesterone levels?

Low progesterone levels can potentially lead to a miscarriage, as progesterone is responsible for maintaining the pregnancy by keeping the baby attached to the uterus.

3. What is the plan moving forward?

Another ultrasound is scheduled for Tuesday to check for any heart motion in the baby. Depending on the results, further decisions will be made.

4. How are you and your husband coping with the situation?

We are asking for strength and support through prayer during this challenging time. We are also trying to trust in God's plan and understand that there may be a reason for this experience.

5. Are you still hopeful for a positive outcome?

While we are prepared for any outcome, we are still hopeful that everything will be okay and we will be able to try again in the future if necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
Replies
Views
missydivine
  • Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies