• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pray for Quick Recovery: MIL Trips and Breaks Shoulder at 74

In summary, my MIL tripped over herself and broke her shoulder this morning. She is expected to recover quickly, but her DD will not be able to go to Grammy Daycare for a while because of it.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
My MIL is known to trip over herself! It's just one of those things. Well, this morning, in her back porch, she tripped over her DH's boots, fell face first into the floor (actually landed across the room, because she was trying to catch herself!) and broke her shoulder in the process. Not sure yet if she'll require surgery.

Please pray that she will recover quickly. She's 74, although you'd never know it! :)

And, my DD will be very disappointed that she won't be going to "Grammy Daycare" for a while :( ...and I'm sure Grammy will miss her company too!

Oh how terrible, hope she'll be alright.

Oh that is awful! I pray that its nothing serious and that she heals quickly!

I do pray for her as well. I am only 56 and had a couple of falls on November 6th and 7th and I am still "reaping" the pains and bruises on my knees from them! I fell a year ago at Church and am still on the cane from that one. I think a lot depends on your body's condition when you fall. Being overweight and having back problems and knee problems did not help my recovery. The chiropractor is helping but it is a slow process!

Age isn't always a factor.........I fell a couple years back, at 8 1/2 months pregnant. I slipped on the back stairs - only five steps - and my husband was in front of me. He caught me and I pretty much just sat down hard and twisted one of my legs up under me. Bruised my knee and hit and twisted my ankle - which bruised halfway up my shin and calf and was that way for nearly 8 weeks. I mainly twisted it so badly because I was trying not to fall forward because of the baby.

It was probably trying to catch herself that hurt her so badly. I pray she feels better and that surgery will only be necessary if it eases the pain and requires less time to heal. Keep us updated.

sending prayers.

Related to Pray for Quick Recovery: MIL Trips and Breaks Shoulder at 74

1. What is "Please Pray for My Mil!"?

"Please Pray for My Mil!" is a common phrase used by members of the Pampered Chef community to request prayers for a loved one who is currently serving in the military.

2. How can I participate in "Please Pray for My Mil!"?

If you would like to participate in "Please Pray for My Mil!", you can simply respond to the request with a prayer or kind words. You can also join the Pampered Chef Facebook group to stay updated on prayer requests and offer support.

3. Is "Please Pray for My Mil!" limited to only military members?

No, "Please Pray for My Mil!" is not limited to only military members. We welcome requests for prayers for anyone in need, including military members, their families, and others in our community.

4. How do I request prayers for my loved one through "Please Pray for My Mil!"?

If you would like to request prayers for your loved one, you can post a message in the Pampered Chef Facebook group with their name and any specific requests or intentions. Our community will then offer prayers and support for your loved one.

5. Can I remain anonymous when requesting prayers through "Please Pray for My Mil!"?

Yes, you can remain anonymous when requesting prayers through "Please Pray for My Mil!". You can simply use your loved one's first initial or a nickname when posting the request in the Facebook group.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• D'scookins307
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies