• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I About Had a Heart Attack Today!! Kinda Long

In summary, my DD leaves for a 3 week trip to China Saturday morning. She's 15 and an upcoming junior in High School. It's a summer bridge camp and she'll pretty much be attending school while there. It's an awesome opportunity and we're so excited for her! There was quite a lot to put together for her passport and visa and such. A ton was lifted off my shoulders when we got all her documentation completed and back. Well, DH sees the passport card that comes with the passport and says we should write the # down on this card. I say well the passport's in the safe go ahead and get it. He says it's not in
PChef_ang
Gold Member
My DD leaves for a 3 week trip to China Saturday morning. She's 15 and an upcoming junior in High School. It's a summer bridge camp and she'll pretty much be attending school while there. It's an awesome opportunity and we're so excited for her! There was quite a lot to put together for her passport and visa and such. A ton was lifted off my shoulders when we got all her documentation completed and back. Well, DH sees the passport card that comes with the passport and says we should write the # down on this card. I say well the passport's in the safe go ahead and get it. He says it's not in the safe. What???? :eek: It should most definitely be in the safe because where else would I keep something that important!! So I quick call DD who is New Orleans this week on a mission's trip (she's flying home Friday). Got her voicemail. I'm thinking okay, calm down, DD probably put it somewhere so she wouldn't forget it or being a teen took it with her. She better not have taken it with her, but I bet she did is what I'm thinking.

So, I'm fighting the urge to tear apart the house when I know she has to have it. I called DD 2 more times no answer, great, I'm sure glad I got her that cell phone, lol! Now logically I realize they are working on demolitioning things and they are there for a reason, I understood that, but I was near panic.

DD finally calls me back and says I don't have the passport, you were the last one to have it :eek:!! What, I had it last and it's not in the safe let me say again :eek:
There are 2 things about me, I am either uber organized or I get sidetracked easily. Since the passport was not in the safe that meant it was in my hands when I got sidetracked who knows where doing who knows what! At this point I wanted to :cry: or vomit :yuck: as I freaked out thinking what if I accidentally knocked it in the trash can and the trash went out last week, etc...I was near hysteria, how would I get a new passport and visa by Saturday???
So I send up a quick prayer, Lord, I know I can be real unworthy, but this is one of those times I could use a real helping hand, if not for me, but for Alexis..

Within moments the passport is found:D On a shelf on the bookcase, who knows why! So PTL my crisis is over and yes the passport is in the safe, lol!!

Thanks for letting me share :)

So GLAD you found it... Stay calm and take a breath.....

As Andrea said, Breathe!! You sound like me, I know where it should be, but why isn't it there? LOL. Great job on finding it though!!

Wow- glad you were able to find it---hope you didn't have to breathe into a paper bag! :) LOL

For future reference, when anything is lost, you can also say a prayer to St.Anthony---things miraculously turn up upon the prayer to him!

Glad you found it---

man, I almost hyper-ventilated just reading this post!

:)I'm so glad you found it!! That SO sounds like something I would do too!! I get sidetracked way too easily!!!! :)

Glad you found it!! Sounds like your DD is traveling the world this summer, what a great experience for a teenager!! Or anyone for that fact, I've never been to New Orleans or China! LOL

There are times where I just laugh at myself. I start with one thing then leave it half finished because I've thought of something else I need to do before I forget. Then I walk back through the house and see a half folded basket of clothes, dust rag and cleaner with one clean table, the dishwasher open and tray out half emptied, etc.,etc., and I think how in the world did I get this sidetracked and where did it all start, lol!!

PChef_ang said:
There are times where I just laugh at myself. I start with one thing then leave it half finished because I've thought of something else I need to do before I forget. Then I walk back through the house and see a half folded basket of clothes, dust rag and cleaner with one clean table, the dishwasher open and tray out half emptied, etc.,etc., and I think how in the world did I get this sidetracked and where did it all start, lol!!

Ummm, wow....are you following me around? Your post just described me to a "T"!:eek:

My neighbor laughs at me too - but she tells me I'm a good "closer". I always end up finishing okay - it's just my method for getting to the end is always erratic.

Come to think of it, that was my whole problem in Algebra class, too!:eek:

My DS worked on the demolition right after Katrina. He was there from Sept thru June.
Horrific work, and really left a mark on him. He and his entire family now attend Church
regularly. PTL. My DD was just there this weekend on a pleasure trip to celebrate a
dear friends 50th birthday.

I traveled around the world in 1981, and "lost" my passport while in California. Next day
I was to fly to Hawaai, and then on to Japan where I needed the passport. I had one sleepless night in Palm Springs, over not knowing where it had disappeared to. I ended up driving into LA with the hosts' daughter and getting a duplicate passport. I not only lost the day for enjoying myself, but had a second sleepless night trying to find the original. We flew out to Honolulu, and then had to keep calling back to our hosts to
see if they did find it, and ship it to me via overnite. Guess where I hid it from myself?
Once I got to Honolulu and looked for my lead foil film pack, I remembered I had put it in my hosts refrigerator. Someone had pushed the film pack to the back of the lower shelf, where it was out of sight. They went home, and found it, and shipped it to me before I left for Japan where I needed special stamps on the passport for there and China. So, I can really appreciate what you went through today. Praise the Lord that
you realized this today rather than the day she was due to depart! We will pray for your DD's safe travels. I have a grandson who is currently on a study mission to Russia. It amazes me how young they are to be traveling by themselves to such far away places. I was fortunate to have the opportunity when I did. I doubt I would go
now with the world situation so much worse than it was then. Even then, Thailand was under a military coup, and the Tel Aviv airport had armed guards patrolling the corridors. The Sea of Galilee was circled with 7 to 10ft. high barbed wire. I sure came home with a great appreciation for our "safe" country. I never would have dreamed, back then, that the day would come when we would be under the tighter security that was already common in other parts of the world, so many years ago.

DD and youth group went to New Orleans last year for the missions trip and weren't initially thrilled about going back this year. It was kind of funny the Lord put the notion to go back on several parents hearts and the youth pastor's heart without anyone talking with each other about it. Last year they saved a house from being demoed. They completely gutted it in 24 hours, the debris was 2 feet high and disgusting. I read an email today that they got to back to that house and it's almost done, the family gets to move back in within a couple of weeks.
DD came home last year grateful for our family and her dwelling. I think it's really good for the teens to see how things have changed for better or worse since last year.

As for China, it really seemed like a great opportunity for her to be apart of. She will only fly on her own from Cleveland to Newark where she will meet with the Chaperone and the rest of the group she is travelling with. I think I will be the most anxious while she is on the almost 14 hour flight, but honestly this is one of those things that I think faith plays a great part in. I had someone ask me how we could let her go with the recent earthquakes and I just had to say, you know natural disasters happen here too and no one can know what lies ahead. I'd rather her have this opportunity than keep her home where it's "safe" and regret not knowing what she could have experienced.

It is so true that the world is so dangerous these days, but truth be told we really don't have to travel very far to see evil unfold.
Sorry if I seem soapboxy there....

Related to I About Had a Heart Attack Today!! Kinda Long

1. What happened to cause your heart attack scare?

I accidentally spilled hot oil on my hand while cooking. It was a scary and painful experience, but thankfully I am okay now.

2. Did you seek medical attention after the incident?

Yes, I immediately ran my hand under cold water and then went to urgent care to get it checked out. They confirmed it was a minor burn and gave me some cream to help with the pain and healing.

3. How do you prevent accidents like this from happening in the future?

I will definitely be more careful when handling hot oil and make sure to use protective gear, such as oven mitts, when cooking. I will also be more aware of my surroundings and potential hazards in the kitchen.

4. Has this experience changed your perspective on kitchen safety?

Absolutely. I have always been cautious in the kitchen, but this incident has reminded me to always be vigilant and take proper precautions to prevent accidents.

5. Are there any safety tips you can share with us from your experience?

Always make sure to have a fire extinguisher and first aid kit in the kitchen. Keep a safe distance from hot surfaces and always use protective gear. And never leave hot oil unattended on the stove.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jwpamp
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
RebelChef
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies