• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ppp Not Liking Customer's Debit Card

A
Adrian
This is a mess. I am headed out of town tomorrow AM and I was trying to get in a last minute individual order. However, PPP is not liking this customer's Visa debit card #. It keeps saying valid card # required.

Do we have to put in debit cards in any certain way? I'm doing it just like a credit card with the expiration date and her zip code.

It's not even a matter of the card being rejected, it just plain isn't accepting it to start with. It won't even let me submit.

At this point, it is just going to have to wait until I get back, but I'd sure like to know what the problem is.

Thanks!

Adrian

You likely have a digit wrong. Credit cards have specific sets of numbers that identify them as to the type of card and I think issuing bank. If you get any of the first 8-12 digits wrong it won't even accept it as a valid credit card let alone try to process it.

I just learned this today, with it being my first time inputting a show in P3. ;) American Express cards are only 15 digits and not 16 like the rest.

On the online order form I printed out (this was for a catalog show) at the top right of the page below "Payment Information" it said -515253545556575 (not the real card # of course! ;)) but that DASH in front of the number THREW ME OFF! Anyway, I didn't think to input the # the way it was because I was so SURE it wouldn't accept a card # that WASN'T 16 digits. Silly me. :rolleyes: So I called my recruiter/director and she told me about the Amex cards and I was like, "Ohhhhhhhh...."

Anyway, just thought I would let you know. :p

Hope you can figure out what the problem is. Try calling the person who placed the order and tell them what is going on. Double check the card # with him/her and see if you two can fix the situation. Good luck! If all else fails, call the Home Office for help.

MLinAZ said:
You likely have a digit wrong. Credit cards have specific sets of numbers that identify them as to the type of card and I think issuing bank. If you get any of the first 8-12 digits wrong it won't even accept it as a valid credit card let alone try to process it.

This.

There is some super-secret algorithm that determines the numbers for credit cards, so that people wanting to commit fraud can't just take one card and change the last digit and get a second, working card number (although they still try :grumpy:). P3 must know at least a portion of that formula to be able to tell when there is a transposed or mis-keyed digit.

neHi there!I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the customer's debit card. Sometimes, certain debit cards may not be accepted by our system due to security measures. However, there are a few things you can try to ensure that the card is processed successfully.Firstly, make sure that the card is being entered exactly as it appears on the card, including any spaces or dashes. If that doesn't work, you can try processing the payment as a credit card instead of a debit card. This may be an option if the customer has a Visa debit card.If none of these solutions work, I would recommend reaching out to our customer support team for further assistance. They may be able to provide more insight into why the card is not being accepted and help you process the order.I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and I hope you're able to successfully process the order when you return. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.Best,

1. Why is PPP not accepting the customer's Visa debit card?

There could be several reasons why PPP is not accepting the customer's Visa debit card. It could be an issue with the card itself, such as it being expired or having insufficient funds. It could also be a technical issue with the payment system on PPP's end.

2. Is there a specific way to input debit cards on PPP?

Debit cards should be entered on PPP in the same way as credit cards, with the correct expiration date and zip code associated with the card. If the information is entered correctly and the card is still not being accepted, there may be another issue causing the problem.

3. Can the customer's debit card be manually processed?

Unfortunately, without more information about the specific issue with the customer's debit card, it is difficult to say if it can be manually processed. It is best to contact PPP's customer service for assistance with this issue.

4. Should I try using a different payment method?

If the customer's debit card is not being accepted by PPP, it may be worth trying a different payment method, such as a credit card or PayPal. This could help determine if the issue is specific to the debit card or if there is a larger problem with PPP's payment system.

5. Can I resolve this issue before leaving town?

Unfortunately, it seems like this issue may not be able to be resolved before you leave town. It is best to contact PPP's customer service for assistance and make arrangements for the payment to be processed after you return.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShellBeach
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • jwpamp
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • AZPampered Chef